Does Google spy on us?

JSTyler

I was on my Cell Phone using the internet when a message popped up. It said "do you want to connect to Tori's speaker in her room?" That was too weird. Tori is my grand daughter. She has an Alexa in her room. How does Google know this?
The simple answer is, yes. A little more complexity, yes and no. Yes - they track/follow/record and store everything you do. No - it isn't necessarily spying in the traditional sense (I'm thinking Cold War here) but that is just a matter of semantics.

If you have a phone you are being tracked by what is essentially A.I. at all times. If you have any "smart" device in your house or/and car you are at the very least being tracked and or listened to at all times. This in no way means that a basement dwelling, unshaven, unwashed, cheeto-stained finger, energy-drink guzzling net-staker is listening in or watching, BUT it doesn't mean that "he/she/it" isn't watching. That creature would simple be the deviant hacker with nefarious intentions. The bigger picture is that you/we are being sifted and strained for whatever value we might offer to whomever has an interest of any sort, good-bad-otherwise, for purposes that "they" haven't even defined yet.

Everything you type and post, like, re-tweet, even view on social media, pictures, comments, texts, ignores, replies, ALL OF IT is forever and all of it can follow you everywhere you go, in person or online. It's easy to collect and collate as every electronic device, particualrly one that has the ability to connect to the internet or wifi has a unique digital signature - rfid, mac address, serial number, location data, etc..

A simple phrase that smarter people than me coined is, "If it's free, you are the product." That's why they began to spy, to monetize data and data users/creators, but we have to assume that it's gone waaaaaaay beyond that. Greed and avarice are very powerful driving forces and both of those traits define much of what big tech has become. We also have to assume that the abc agencies had installed themselves right into the mix and more likely taken over almost all control of the collection of data and content.

Have Alexa? Siri? A Ring device? A wifi connected security system/camera? A smart TV? Any smart appliances? Smart toys? A PC with a camera and mic? A Nest device? This list can go on and on. They are collecting data on everything within thier built abilities and parameters that they can and sending it all back to their originating mother ships.

It's not that we're special or even a target, until we are. So, one last reminder everything you do online IS FOREVER. Even this post.

HEY WATCHERS! Guess what! You're being watched by our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST, KING of KINGS and LORD of LORDS, glory hallelujah! Go read John 3:16 at the very least, repent, confess, give you life over to Him and join the eternal party. It's not to be missed. When we get to Eternal Kingdom you can collect all the data you desire for all eternity...Our Lord has promised that you won't be disappointed.

Lovin Jesus

The simple answer is, yes. A little more complexity, yes and no. Yes - they track/follow/record and store everything you do. No - it isn't necessarily spying in the traditional sense (I'm thinking Cold War here) but that is just a matter of semantics.

If you have a phone you are being tracked by what is essentially A.I. at all times. If you have any "smart" device in your house or/and car you are at the very least being tracked and or listened to at all times. This in no way means that a basement dwelling, unshaven, unwashed, cheeto-stained finger, energy-drink guzzling net-staker is listening in or watching, BUT it doesn't mean that "he/she/it" isn't watching. That creature would simple be the deviant hacker with nefarious intentions. The bigger picture is that you/we are being sifted and strained for whatever value we might offer to whomever has an interest of any sort, good-bad-otherwise, for purposes that "they" haven't even defined yet.

Everything you type and post, like, re-tweet, even view on social media, pictures, comments, texts, ignores, replies, ALL OF IT is forever and all of it can follow you everywhere you go, in person or online. It's easy to collect and collate as every electronic device, particualrly one that has the ability to connect to the internet or wifi has a unique digital signature - rfid, mac address, serial number, location data, etc..

A simple phrase that smarter people than me coined is, "If it's free, you are the product." That's why they began to spy, to monetize data and data users/creators, but we have to assume that it's gone waaaaaaay beyond that. Greed and avarice are very powerful driving forces and both of those traits define much of what big tech has become. We also have to assume that the abc agencies had installed themselves right into the mix and more likely taken over almost all control of the collection of data and content.

Have Alexa? Siri? A Ring device? A wifi connected security system/camera? A smart TV? Any smart appliances? Smart toys? A PC with a camera and mic? A Nest device? This list can go on and on. They are collecting data on everything within thier built abilities and parameters that they can and sending it all back to their originating mother ships.

It's not that we're special or even a target, until we are. So, one last reminder everything you do online IS FOREVER. Even this post.

HEY WATCHERS! Guess what! You're being watched by our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST, KING of KINGS and LORD of LORDS, glory hallelujah! Go read John 3:16 at the very least, repent, confess, give you life over to Him and join the eternal party. It's not to be missed. When we get to Eternal Kingdom you can collect all the data you desire for all eternity...Our Lord has promised that you won't be disappointed.
Thanks. I just didn't know how my phone got Alexa into it

JSTyler

Thanks. I just didn't know how my phone got Alexa into it
:biggrin Hehe, maybe I went overboard a little? :biggrin

There's an element of unreality that washes over me when I think back to the time before all this current connectivity. I miss being alone besides the person or people I'm with in person. My wife and I stay disconnected when we're together, which is almost always.

@Tall Timbers has it right.

Lovin Jesus

I believe Alexa is an Amazon product. So you probably have more than just Google spying on you.
My daughter has Alexa in the Living room and my granddaughter has one in her bedroom. Ive heard she eaves drops and listens to almost everything especially when there's a lot of dialog in conversation. I was just surprised that Alexa got mixed into my Cell Phone internet activity. But like some just mentioned, we are all on the same WIFI connection.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
My daughter has Alexa in the Living room and my granddaughter has one in her bedroom. Ive heard she eaves drops and listens to almost everything especially when there's a lot of dialog in conversation. I was just surprised that Alexa got mixed into my Cell Phone internet activity. But like some just mentioned, we are all on the same WIFI connection.
I was setting up a new computer for a family a week or two ago. They started talking about getting advertisements related to something they'd mentioned earlier and whatnot... sometime during the conversation they mentioned a speaker that their son-in-law had set up for them... they didn't seem to know what it was, but when they said "Alexa", I told them that was probably what was listening in and then through whaever process it takes, they were getting served up targeted ads. When it donned on them that the Alexa was spying on them the missus went over and turned off the speaker. I probably should have recommended they put it outside, smash it to bits, and then bury it when the ground thaws come June... and then hope it wasn't still managing to spy on them ;).

Lovin Jesus

I was setting up a new computer for a family a week or two ago. They started talking about getting advertisements related to something they'd mentioned earlier and whatnot... sometime during the conversation they mentioned a speaker that their son-in-law had set up for them... they didn't seem to know what it was, but when they said "Alexa", I told them that was probably what was listening in and then through whaever process it takes, they were getting served up targeted ads. When it donned on them that the Alexa was spying on them the missus went over and turned off the speaker. I probably should have recommended they put it outside, smash it to bits, and then bury it when the ground thaws come June... and then hope it wasn't still managing to spy on them ;).
There certainly are a lot of privacy breaches by most electronic devices now adays. I suppose if we want the up to date technology we are giving up our privacy automatically

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
There certainly are a lot of privacy breaches by most electronic devices now adays. I suppose if we want the up to date technology we are giving up our privacy automatically
We kind of need phones in this modern world and phones have multiple apps that are collecting data on whoever is using the phone. It is hard to get around that. You can take some steps to minimize that, but you probably still need the phone. Setting up speaker devices in your home that are designed to spy on you under the cover of convenience is a whole 'nother matter... not a very wise thing to do if you want to minimize the spying taking place in the privacy of your home.

JSTyler

:nod

MikeD

Unfortunately the company I'm leased on with, thru dispatch, uses our smart phones to send us all info regarding our loads, any updates to operations, just about everything. So I have to have the smart phone even tho' I KNOW there are many out there tracking nearly every move I make. Told one if my co-workers they can track what ever they want! They're probably discovering I live a somewhat boring life. Fine with me...

GEOINTAnalyst

There is no such thing as privacy with Google or Alexa dump both, use DuckDuckGo or StartPage neither data-mine your search and use a VPN also ensure your WiFi is encrypted and fire-walled - a password of at least 12 digits using numbers, symbols with lower and upper case letters. there is no such thing as complete anonymity on-line but you can reduce your signature.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
Wouldn't having the mic active and the permissions open to any Google app on your phone be the same thing as having an Alexa or Google speaker in your house? There are many layers to their data-mining capabilities.

borrowedtime

My phone always recommends me products I am recently talking about with family.

I stopped caring. Hopefully someone learns a thing or two from all the sermons I listen to.

Fallen world.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
My phone always recommends me products I am recently talking about with family.

I stopped caring. Hopefully someone learns a thing or two from all the sermons I listen to.

Fallen world.
HAHAHAHA same with me, all I do is listen to sermons or worship music on my Google speaker! Its funny now I start to get Christian advertisements. I guess the world loves money more than it hates Christianity!! That may change one day....

Exactly, but this is terrifying to me