Does anyone here take astrophotography?

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
As stated above does anyone here take astrophotography?

I just recently got into it as I've always love the lord's work with the beautiful stars he put in the sky and I have always been one that could just look at the Stars all night! I actually just ordered a telescope to try and get some photos of the planets to! If anyone could give me some tips that'd be awesome!!

Musician 4 Jesus

A simple webcam can take great photos of planets if attached to your scope through the hole where the eyepiece goes. You can take video of the planet, then use some readily-available software to extract out the clear frames from the blurry frames then stack them into a detailed image.
I have a Canon SX160 IS. 16X optical zoom that I use for everything and it takes really good photos so hopeing with the telescope I ordered it will pick them up through the eye piece. I've taken photos with it through binoculars before and they came out pretty cool!

Thanks for the advice btw!!

usoutpost31

I considered that some time ago. Have the telescope with a gravity mount and DSLR camera I needed.

I just ran into problems, I wanted to go for deep sky photography. But the light pollution here is terrible, long way from a dark sky site. And the technical issues were frustrating, polar alignment, needing to stay out all night, etc.

Astrophotography can be quite spectacular, but it can also be tedious and frustrating, so just be prepared for that.

Musician 4 Jesus

You know astronomy and astrology are two different things :p studying the stars is perfectly fine (astronomy) . Trying to divine your future based on their position is not (astrology)
Thanks brother for explaining! That's what my mom said it's fine to study them but be careful and don't try to tell your future etc etc on them. She explained that earlier today. I absolutely love the lord's creation and love admiring his creation and taking photos of it but that's as far as it goes. There's several scriptures mom read to me about the Stars. And do's and don'ts.

I want to do everything to glorify the lord not the world:inlove and make sure. I'm Doing Right.

I'm just recently learning all this stuff about the Stars lol

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
I want to do everything to glorify the lord not the world:inlove and make sure. I'm Doing Right.

That's a great attitude to have.

If it wasn't on the verse list, check out Psalm 19

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 2 Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. 3 They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. 4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.

Even though stars can't speak, they declare the glory of God to everyone regardless of language by their existence.

Also, God mentions some constellations by name to Job in Job 38

31 “Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons
or lead out the Bear with its cubs?
33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God’s dominion over the earth?

Musician 4 Jesus

That's a great attitude to have.

If it wasn't on the verse list, check out Psalm 19

1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. 2 Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. 3 They have no speech, they use no words; no sound is heard from them. 4 Yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the ends of the world.

Even though stars can't speak, they declare the glory of God to everyone regardless of language by their existence.

Also, God mentions some constellations by name to Job in Job 38

31 “Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades?
Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
32 Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons
or lead out the Bear with its cubs?
33 Do you know the laws of the heavens?
Can you set up God’s dominion over the earth?
AMEN!! Those are some verses mom read to me love them!! Thank you for shareing!

MePlus6

I considered that some time ago. Have the telescope with a gravity mount and DSLR camera I needed.

I just ran into problems, I wanted to go for deep sky photography. But the light pollution here is terrible, long way from a dark sky site. And the technical issues were frustrating, polar alignment, needing to stay out all night, etc.

Astrophotography can be quite spectacular, but it can also be tedious and frustrating, so just be prepared for that.

Deep sky is so much more challenging than planetary photography. With planets you can just aim and shoot and you’re done in a few minutes. Deep sky takes all night and you do need polar alignment. If you still have your scope, give planetary photography a shot. No pun intended.

Musician 4 Jesus

Sounds like you have a very godly mom, and likewise, she has a God-honoring daughter. Such a lovely combination:hug
Awww thanks sis!!:hug both my parents are both devoted Christans as well as my self of course ❤️ I want to do everything I'm God's glory and not the world's I try my best all though I do fail alot of times but that's just human nature. No one's perfect ☺️

I want to so bad! I don't have a camera good enough to do it though. I have a Powershot sx10is. I love looking picture like of the milkyway. It just fascinates me. I have a job where I get to see the sunrise every morning and when I do take pictures of it. I usually send it to my wife and my mom.