Do you think the global economy will fall before the Rapture?

Lynn

Longing for Home
I think the global economy has already fallen. We are living in a propped up illusion that is a thread away from collapsing.
I agree, and the thread of illusion is about to break. We know other Christians who tend to say, 'people have said for generations that the rapture is close, but look how many years have gone by and the church is still here.' These friends are not totally convinced that the rapture is so near. I always point out that the signs of the tribulation are everywhere, all around us. That means the rapture has to be close, because we are kept from the hour (Rev. 3). I'm going to obey God by looking for the return of Jesus and not be troubled by the world situation. And I'm sure not going to be putting my hope in any political figure or future election outcome.

Kerbluey

I think about the situation described here:

in Luke 17: 26 And just as it happened in the days of Noah, so will it also be in the days of the Son of Man: 27 people were eating, they were drinking, they were marrying, and they were being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. 28 It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, and they were building; 29 but on the day that Lot left Sodom, it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.

Some take this to mean the moment…..

This makes so much sense. I’d always wondered about the buying/selling/life going on business. That just didn’t seem to describe the tribulation, especially the end.

Lynn

Longing for Home
So if Jesus is describing things before the Rapture which I think He is, there is the element of buying selling, planting and building, along with marriage, eating and drinking with ease because all of this is going on with the oblivious unbelievers unaware of the judgment that is about to fall.
I'd like to add, all of this is going on with the oblivious believers unaware. . .
Unfortunately, as you know, there are very few Christians who believe in a pre-trib rapture. (I know of some) They're wanting to hide out somewhere safe now that America appears to be turning into a communist country. I tell them we've got nothing to worry about. Our Savior is coming to take us Home to be with Him. I've been told that people have thought for generations that the Lord was going to return, but He hasn't yet. I ignore the scoffing and keep trusting in the promise of Jesus. I believe Him, not them.

soundingthealarm

Fleethewrath2come
I'd like to add, all of this is going on with the oblivious believers unaware. . .
Unfortunately, as you know, there are very few Christians who believe in a pre-trib rapture. (I know of some) They're wanting to hide out somewhere safe now that America appears to be turning into a communist country. I tell them we've got nothing to worry about. Our Savior is coming to take us Home to be with Him. I've been told that people have thought for generations that the Lord was going to return, but He hasn't yet. I ignore the scoffing and keep trusting in the promise of Jesus. I believe Him, not them.
I know some Lutheran believers who are battling depression cause they don’t believe in the rapture, one is a close family and I took materials over to there house to encourage them…..upon getting to their house got out of vehicle and got mauled by a dog lol

that was like 3 weeks ago

Our “Blessed Hope” is a big big deal encouragement wise!

Kerbluey

I admit I’m struggling with great fear and anxiety. I’m definitely pre-trib, I’m just not sure how bad things will get before. Today….no, this afternoon…..no, this evening….. I skimmed some news and was relieved there was nothing new and horrible.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I admit I’m struggling with great fear and anxiety. I’m definitely pre-trib, I’m just not sure how bad things will get before. Today….no, this afternoon…..no, this evening….. I skimmed some news and was relieved there was nothing new and horrible.
Kerbluey, don't let Satan rob you of your joy. The joy of the Lord is our strength. He wants to bring confusion, fear, and anxiety. Greater is he that is in me(you) than he that is in the world. A merry heart doeth good like medicine. Also, read :biblePsalm 91.

Kerbluey

Kerbluey, don't let Satan rob you of your joy. The joy of the Lord is our strength. He wants to bring confusion, fear, and anxiety. Greater is he that is in me(you) than he that is in the world. A merry heart doeth good like medicine. Also, read :biblePsalm 91.

Thank you, sister. :hug Ive also been listening to spoken scripture and old hymns on YouTube as I do things during the day. I have to trust God to be with me should we face intense persecution.

lightofmylife

I know some Lutheran believers who are battling depression cause they don’t believe in the rapture, one is a close family and I took materials over to there house to encourage them…..upon getting to their house got out of vehicle and got mauled by a dog lol

Sorry :cry to hear you were mauled by a dog. Back in 2007 a friend of mine Linda who I lived with for 2 years had a chow (his name was Bear) who got me on my right arm tore open my flesh. I had 5 stitches. He thought I was stealing his water bowl when I was taking it to give him more water.

athenasius

I think the enemy was stirring up the dog to distract you and them from the message of hope in the Rapture. Satan hates our hope, because it is the biggest draw for salvation to people troubled by what's going on.

And it's the greatest gift for a Christian like your family member trapped in a hopelessness that the enemy has them in.

Satan has stirred up bad theology to destroy that hope and drive Christians to despair.

I'm kind of not surprised that dog attacked.

I hope you got help and that your family member heard your heart.

Lord we ask for that person, that conviction of the truth of the Blessed Hope of the Rapture would take hold in their heart and mind.

GEOINTAnalyst

I believe the Rapture will not cause a total economic collapse - First, for the average person it will take a whole day’s wages to purchase enough food for that day, and second the rich will not be harmed. These are classic signs of a failed economy. Rev 6:6

If you want to understand what life is like during a collapse, think back to the Great Depression. The stock market crashed on Black Thursday 1929. By the following Tuesday, it was down 25%. Many investors lost their life savings that weekend.

By 1932, one out of four people were unemployed. Wages for those who still had jobs fell precipitously—manufacturing wages dropped 32% from 1929 to 1932. U.S. gross domestic product was cut nearly in half. Thousands of farmers and other unemployed workers moved to California and elsewhere in search of work. Two-and-a-half million people left the Midwestern Dust Bowl states. You had to work a full day to buy food for that day. But the ultra rich were ok they were called "Robber Barons" the Rothchild,
Vanderbilt, Carnegie, Rockefeller. Today it would be men like Gates, Musk, Bezos, Arnault, Zuckerberg
The Dow Jones Industrial Average didn't rebound to its pre-Crash level until 1954.

As bad as that was it was not a total collapse, people will be in "dire straights" and the way to recover quickly it is by "The Mark of the Beast" this will be praised as the answer to get the economy back in full swing and people lives back together amongst all the other wars and famines and pestilences strike mankind during this time

Last edited:

lightofmylife

I think the enemy was stirring up the dog to distract you and them from the message of hope in the Rapture. Satan hates our hope, because it is the biggest draw for salvation to people troubled by what's going on.

And it's the greatest gift for a Christian like your family member trapped in a hopelessness that the enemy has them in.

Satan has stirred up bad theology to destroy that hope and drive Christians to despair.

I'm kind of not surprised that dog attacked.

I hope you got help and that your family member heard your heart.

Lord we ask for that person, that conviction of the truth of the Blessed Hope of the Rapture would take hold in their heart and mind.
Margery, I am thinking the same thing Satan didn't like the truth of God's word getting out! :thumbup :thumbup

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I was wondering about this myself. Some people are poking fun at the government, and others just plain can't spell :pidgeons
Which is it, TT?

The spelling is a reflection of how the early settlers to Alaska felt about govmint in general. I borrowed it originally from a theatrical comedy production for tourists that I used to go see once or twice every summer. I never got tired of watching the production. That was decades ago. Government is necessary but I'm for a small non-intrusive government and we have a large and evermore oppressive govmint that we live under. Govmint expresses my disdain for the current behemoth.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The economy has long been cyclical, so it really isn't an either/or proposition. The world economy is struggling now. It remains to be seen how large an effect the Rapture will have on it and how long that effect will last. We know that during Tribulation things will get really bad, including the economy. The Bible tells us that.

Kerbluey

Have they responded? Did you convince them?