Do you like hand bags?

ThankfulMom

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who likes handbags. Most of my handbags are Coach. I worked at the distribution center in Jacksonville, FL back in the mid-nineties. Their bags are still nice, but the quality isn't quite as good as they used to be. I also have a couple of Rebecca Minkoff bags. The styles are fun and you can get them for less at stores like Nordstrom Rack. The only high end designer bags I have are two vintage Gucci signature canvas bags that I got pre-loved. I agree about the brand and not liking their politics. I read an interview with Gucci's creative director and he came across as pretty flakey to me. It seems like many handbag brands/designers are getting "woke" lately. Coach never used to be like that but I've noticed they have been using more liberal, high profile celebrities to advertise than they ever did before.

Channah

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who likes handbags. Most of my handbags are Coach. I worked at the distribution center in Jacksonville, FL back in the mid-nineties. Their bags are still nice, but the quality isn't quite as good as they used to be. I also have a couple of Rebecca Minkoff bags. The styles are fun and you can get them for less at stores like Nordstrom Rack. The only high end designer bags I have are two vintage Gucci signature canvas bags that I got pre-loved. I agree about the brand and not liking their politics. I read an interview with Gucci's creative director and he came across as pretty flakey to me. It seems like many handbag brands/designers are getting "woke" lately. Coach never used to be like that but I've noticed they have been using more liberal, high profile celebrities to advertise than they ever did before.
I just snagged a quilted Rebecca Minkoff bag today at a thrift shop.

Channah

Ooooooo . . . I'm in the mood for another hand bag. I'm looking at a Goyard Maison Anjou in the GM size. I need to convince myself . . . ok it's a useful bag. Let me sleep on it. The problem getting this bag is that stores are limited in the US. Only a handful.

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
I have a quilt backpack I use or a small crossbody. I don't find myself reaching for bags. I usually just grab my license, debit card and a lipstick to throw in my pocket. I'll use the small backpack for traveling or going for long trips. I just don't like holding something I can lose and have to take on and off. My cell phone goes in my other pocket. Lol
Maybe when your cell phone falls in the toilet you'll start using a purse.
It happened to me...
I'm going to start a thread on cell phone disasters. lol

Channah

I'm more into purses than shoes :ahaha I've got Coach purses, even with about 5 other different kinds! The one Coach I have was a Christmas gift from my late Step-mother-in-law. That was 30 years ago and it's still my favorite and go-to purse :cool:
Oh dear, I'm also into shoes. Louboutins, Burberry, Chloe, Maison Margiela, Valentino. When I see the Louboutins they are so beautifully made that I can buy 4 to 6 pairs of them at a time and not wear them but I do give them to one of my daughters.

Hubby is a huge Coach fan. He's a regular at the Coach store lol.

Channah

Coach just came out with the cutest little bags with Disney logos. If you have young grand daughters they are perfect gifts. I’m sure they will be collectibles.

Andy C

Then you are ahhbbviously not shopping at the right boutique dahling...shall we take him in hand ladies?? :paintnails:cherry
Nobody wants me shopping with them. Zero patience always want to leave. The only excepetion was when my daughter was a teenager, she knew to ask me to take her to the mall, as momma would not spend money on designer clothes. Poppa, on the other hand, was a pushover, especially when she gave me the cutest smile. Many times we had to sneak her new purchases into our house, but eventually ole buzzkill :girlfound us out...o_O

Misty S

Nobody wants me shopping with them. Zero patience always want to leave. The only excepetion was when my daughter was a teenager, she knew to ask me to take her to the mall, as momma would not spend money on designer clothes. Poppa, on the other hand, was a pushover, especially when she gave me the cutest smile. Many times we had to sneak her new purchases into our house, but eventually ole buzzkill :girlfound us out...o_O
My husband is exactly like this. He spoils Leigh rotten to the core and she knows that she has him wrapped around her little finger. Almost anything within reason that she asks for, he will get it. It is equal parts cute and frustrating.

Channah

So my daughter is on her binge again and when she does I run to the store. No hand bags today but did pick up: 2 pairs of Prada shoes, a pair of Burberry Shoes, a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo, Stuart Weitzman and a pair of Manolo Blahniks.

DaughterOfaKing

Ok, gotta share a little chuckle here,-- so I had a nice fake snake type purse, you know the pattern, the embossing on the plastic. A nice purse in my price range back then.

I named it EVE'S REVENGE because it was a fake snake but snake none the less

AND BECAUSE I DRAGGED IT INTO CHURCH ON SUNDAY, stuffed to the gills.

I thought it was appropriate, fake snake, stuffed, made into a purse and forced to go to church on Sundays!!!!

20 years later, still getting a giggle out of it.
Eve’s Revenge - Lol that is too funny.
I hadn’t thought about naming my bags- seems like it’d be fun!

DaughterOfaKing

When I realized the joy of handbags, I started collecting them. I own some vintage designer bags:
2 Gucci’s (1 shoulder ; 1 Boston )
3 Juicy Coutures (don’t carry these, just can’t part from them lol)
My London Flat
Kathy Van Zeeland (bought in Vegas 20 yrs ago!)
Frye Leather crossbody
Mary Frances (her bags are works of art!)
Most recent are a MCM Tote, 4 Brahmins and 1 Gucci
Sold my Louis Vuitton all my Betsy Johnson’s
Always searching for another bag! ;)