Do you like hand bags?

cheeky200386

I have a quilt backpack I use or a small crossbody. I don't find myself reaching for bags. I usually just grab my license, debit card and a lipstick to throw in my pocket. I'll use the small backpack for traveling or going for long trips. I just don't like holding something I can lose and have to take on and off. My cell phone goes in my other pocket. Lol

ShilohRose

What I like and what I can afford are two different things. Lol. I prefer a shoulder bag, medium size that is big enough to carry my Nook, as well as other things that seem necessary. When I was younger I had an Aigner clutch that I loved and carried it with my textbooks. My favorite bag was an Italian, soft black leather and tapestry shoulder bag that I had repaired until it was hopeless. Currently, I have a navy glitter Kate Spade and a tonal cream sequin Coach shoulder bag. Somewhere, I obtained a purple vevet shoulder bag and a western style one with crystals. I tend to wear out my purses though because finding a new one I like is very difficult.

(But we won't talk about my Anne Fontaine blouses or my boot collection.)

ChildofLight

I have a simple mid-size faux leather open top purse.
I had one in the past I loved. I believe I had ordered it from JCPenneys. The purse was a decent size and kind of like a clutch. It was tooled leather and the top had a handle area cut out in it and it folded over the bag that had a handle cut out also. The purse was made in Mexico.
At the time I worked in a very small office. Occasionally someone would say something smells and would ask me if I smelled it. I didn’t smell anything strange. A couple of us would go to lunch in her tiny Gremlin. There was that smell again. LOL I discovered that when it would rain or very high humidity it was that purse stinking.

ReadyOrNot

I like large purses- more like tote bags- so I can fit everything I like to lug around- my kindle and sometimes my ipad. And I always win the “do you have THIS in your purse?” prizes at ladies functions because I’m prepared for everything. I have the plain quilted black and navy Vera B. totes that I use a lot and I especially like that they are machine washable.

Cloud Watcher

I like medium size shoulder bags, big enough to fit the usual stuff as well as one or two library books. I will be glad when the libraries are off covid restrictions, so I can go in and wander through the shelves again. Right now they only have curbside checkout, for things you order ahead.

athenasius

Ok, gotta share a little chuckle here,-- so I had a nice fake snake type purse, you know the pattern, the embossing on the plastic. A nice purse in my price range back then.

I named it EVE'S REVENGE because it was a fake snake but snake none the less

AND BECAUSE I DRAGGED IT INTO CHURCH ON SUNDAY, stuffed to the gills.

I thought it was appropriate, fake snake, stuffed, made into a purse and forced to go to church on Sundays!!!!

20 years later, still getting a giggle out of it.

Channah

I like totes and structured bags that you just grab and go. I have so many that literally relatives “shop” in my closet and I spend way too much bags. Shame on me. My clothes may be rags but as long as I’m rocking my bags I’m good.

I have SAs calling/texting lol. Just 2020 I picked up 5 Louis Vuitton’s, 3 Neverfull MM, 2 OntheGo, Loewe Double Gate. I’m waiting on a Prada Galleria. Lost my opportunity to grab a rare Hermes Evelyn in gold hardware (bummed about that but couldn’t get to Hermes in time). Now when I get calls from Louis Vuitton SA I have to . . . control myself. I haven’t even used the other ones in bought years ago. Also picked up a Salvatore Ferragamo and Burberry purse. I think I forgot some others. My SAs at Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales are very helpful ‍

So 2019, 3 Prada Totes, and Long Champ in Neo Pilage and different colors. Long Champs are great bags.

Gucci I hate their bags now due to their politics so I’m selling it.

I sold a bag a month ago, a Fontana Milano A Bike and I can’t believe someone bought it from me for 2K as it’s an ugly bag. I had it listed at 3500 but needed it out of my closet since it’s too heavy.

I’m anxiously waiting on my Prada Galleria. Should have picked it up in Milan. My daughter and I went crazy in Paris at the Champs Elysee shops but it’s cheaper there to buy bags made in France plus you get the VAT back at the airports.

I can’t talk about the other bags in the closet from prior years.

The obsession is real. I’m part of a group that talks about nothing but bags lol.

My husband is like no words now.

Last edited:

yeshua'sbride

♥ Standing with Israel
All my leather pocketbooks are too heavy now, so I’ve switched over to Longchamps Le Pliage and Kipling, medium size totes, in nylon with leather handles on the Longchamps and mesh straps with leather handles on the Kipling. Both wear like iron, and I can wipe them off with a damp cloth if they get dirty and don’t need to worry about getting caught in the rain like with some leather. I also have some vintage lightweight Vera Bradley totes that I use for all-purpose bags.

Accepted

I like totes and structured bags that you just grab and go. I have so many that literally relatives “shop” in my closet and I spend way too much bags. Shame on me. My clothes may be rags but as long as I’m rocking my bags I’m good.

I have SAs calling/texting lol. Just 2020 I picked up 5 Louis Vuitton’s, 3 Neverfull MM, 2 OntheGo, Loewe Double Gate. I’m waiting on a Prada Galleria. Lost my opportunity to grab a rare Hermes Evelyn in gold hardware (bummed about that but couldn’t get to Hermes in time). Now when I get calls from Louis Vuitton SA I have to . . . control myself. I haven’t even used the other ones in bought years ago. Also picked up a Salvatore Ferragamo and Burberry purse. I think I forgot some others. My SAs at Neiman Marcus and Bloomingdales are very helpful ‍

So 2019, 3 Prada Totes, and Long Champ in Neo Pilage and different colors. Long Champs are great bags.

Gucci I hate their bags now due to their politics so I’m selling it.

I sold a bag a month ago, a Fontana Milano A Bike and I can’t believe someone bought it from me for 2K as it’s an ugly bag. I had it listed at 3500 but needed it out of my closet since it’s too heavy.

I’m anxiously waiting on my Prada Galleria. Should have picked it up in Milan. My daughter and I went crazy in Paris at the Champs Elysee shops but it’s cheaper there to buy bags made in France plus you get the VAT back at the airports.

I can’t talk about the other bags in the closet from prior years.

The obsession is real. I’m part of a group that talks about nothing but bags lol.

My husband is like no words now.
Wow, you’re the expert!! Now I know who to go to when I need advice about a new bag ... What a fun thread!

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I don't carry a purse. Too much chance of loss or theft.
I'd rather things were in my pockets or a hidden pouch, etc.

I do have an old denim soft purse that has zippers AND a flap with a zipper compartment and multiple compartments and an outside pocket. that's good for shoving a paperback in. Very easy to keep organized and efficient access to stuff that might need to be accessed quickly, but far too easy to cut the purse and steal what's inside, or cut the strap and steal the purse.

If I have to take my netbook, I have a small inexpensive computer bag, but I'm thinking a ratty looking tote modified with a steel cable in the strap and metal mesh hidden in the outer layer to prevent cutting might be a good idea.

Last edited:

Channah

All my leather pocketbooks are too heavy now, so I’ve switched over to Longchamps Le Pliage and Kipling, medium size totes, in nylon with leather handles on the Longchamps and mesh straps with leather handles on the Kipling. Both wear like iron, and I can wipe them off with a damp cloth if they get dirty and don’t need to worry about getting caught in the rain like with some leather. I also have some vintage lightweight Vera Bradley totes that I use for all-purpose bags.
I love Kipling! I had a purple one and the janitor at our office accidentally threw it away it wa in a box. Live their bags

Channah

My daughter loves Vera Wang. They’re so colorful.