Do You Have "God Moments" to share?

pixelpusher

Here's another driving story.

I was in the little Mitsubishi Eclipse I had at the time. Had I been in the SUV, I'm pretty sure either I would have crashed or the angels would have had to work a bit harder. Driving my son over to Mom's to go to the pool. There is the back road I was on, and another road that Tee'd into it, right in a curve. As I was approaching, the leg of the T was on my right. It was a busy summer day, and there was a line of cars in the turning lane on the back road, waiting to turn left onto the leg of the T. Another line of cars waiting to go left or right from the leg of the T. As I'm approaching the intersection, a blue minivan pulls out from the leg to go left, sees me coming and just stops. Right there half across my lane. There was a bronze Chevy pickup wanting to turn right, and it was already angled off to the right a bit beyond the minivan. Beyond this, the road shoulder, stop sign post and a steep ditch with tall pines on the opposite bank. Instantly I knew I could miss the van, but avoiding scraping down the line of cars facing me in the turn lane was going to put me on course to either hit the Chevy's drivers side wheel or to scrape past and hit the ditch. I didn't want to impact on my son's side of the car. I didn't think of praying, but maybe the Holy Spirit prayed in a groaning that couldn't be uttered, I don't know. I imagined my wife getting a phone call about the wreck, glanced at my son, his eyes were big as pie plates, and his mouth a thin line and time stopped, I had no choice but to drive like I meant it. I whipped the wheel left, right, and left again, white smoke pouring from the brakes blowing past my open window, then back on the gas hard. And we were out. I'd woven a backwards S between the van and the turning lane, and missed the Chevy and the ditch, and was perfectly back in my lane, going around the curve. We got to the turn to Mom's neighborhood in about a half mile, and the adrenaline was kicking in, I pulled over, shut off the car, looked at my son, said I love you, and I said, you see, THAT is why you have to pay attention. Then we both burst out going "Whoa!" and stuff like that while the shakes went away.

I'm pretty sure God had His hand on the car, or sent an angel to guide my car through there. He gets the credit at any rate, whether I had the ability naturally or He intervened, either way His is the Glory for sparing us and the other drivers there a bad day.

That was the same intersection where way back in high school driver's ed, I had to get out and get down on my knees and apologize to the stop sign for rolling through it. Now, they've built a round-a-bout there and traffic is much smoother and safer.

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Allen, you will need to add a painting of a mighty angel on that map IMVHO. What Pixels described is not possible with extraordinary driving...

:hand:

Luke 4:10 For it is written: "'He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully;

Psalm 91:11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;

This almost certainly applies to Aneriz's recent addition to this thread, as well. She may not know if that was a compassionate stranger, a brother in Christ, or an angel, but I am not having a problem knowing which it was! No problem at all!

paidinfull

I want to share about the gift of faith. The thing about this gift is that it has no reflection on the recipient, it's all about the Giver.There was a woman in our church who had experienced several threatened miscarriages in this her first pregnancy and was in bed rest with yet another one but things were looking grim. We anointed her with oil and prayed for healing but a few days later she lost the baby having carried it for 5 months. It's one of those things, it just happens and I have no answer to why she was not healed.

Two years later I was in hospital praying for the same lady with the same problem, still looking for her first child but about the time I arrived her waters broke. The Dr. was one of the leaders in our church and was giving her a lot of his time so I said I was going home to pray alone as I lived nearby.

I was on my knees in prayer asking God to intervene when after about 40 mins I suddenly knew that I knew she had been healed. It wasn't a worked up profession. I wasn't declaring my faith like WOF do. I just had this sense of absolutely knowing for sure God had healed her. It really was the gift of faith for a miracle.

So I drove back to the hospital but things were worse. Large pieces of placenta were in a dish but I was beaming with excitement and said, I've prayed and God has saved the baby. At that my doctor friend squeezed my arm real tight to say Shut Up! but I kept saying God has healed the baby. The doc then said, it's too late, we've lost the baby, but I just kept on saying God has healed the baby.

This all happened at the bedside so the poor woman started to scream-cry. It was all too much for her. Ian the doc. looked at me and said, I've booked the theater for a D&C but because it's you I'll do a scan but if there's no heartbeat we operate.

To this day I'll never forget his face as he walked back into the ward, put up his hands and shrugged his shoulders saying, "There's a heartbeat!" That heartbeat is a very fit, strong 30 yo man now.

God does the impossible and when He gives the gift of faith it's not worked up, you just know that you know that you know God has intervened, even when everything looks like it's way too late.

paidinfull

As I've got a lil bit of time and always meant to post on my ex-friend and torturer Mary's thread I'll do another one. I was out in the wee small hours doing some street witnessing to the folks who come out of the pubs at closing time. There was this guy I struck up a conversation with and even though he was very abusive and cursed me constantly, he kept listening to what I had to say. Then it ended as these encounters do and he went on his way and I continued my witnessing.

That night I stayed out of bed on my knees as long as I could and prayed for sleeplessness for this guy and that he would lie in bed thinking about the Gospel under the conviction of sin.

The next night I was out on the streets again when he saw me and shouted out expletives to greet me. He stopped with me to give me some more abuse and I asked him, Well, how did you sleep last night? He said, I slept great thanks. Somehow the words just pored out of my mouth like this... You're a liar! You never slept a wink all night. You lay awake thinking of what we spoke about and you know you're a sinner needing God to save you.

His jaw dropped and he said in a shocked voice, How did you know that?

I said, I prayed for you last night. I prayed you would not be able to sleep because you'd be thinking about your need for Jesus to save you from your sins and if my God is God, then that's what happened. He just stood there looking at me speechless so I said, Can I pray for you now? Sure yeah he said.

I just closed my eyes and prayed, Lord I lift Peter up to you and I declare the blood of Jesus shed for him and I rebuke every evil spirit that resists your Gospel now in Jesus Name. As soon as I finished I opened my eyes and I noticed he kinda jumped a little.

He looked startled and said, What did you do to me? What did you just do there? I feel different! I began to share the Gospel with him without the foul language interfering and I led this guy to the Lord. The Bible says the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation and I've found going out to the down and outs, the gangs and terrorists, you really see the power of God at times in no uncertain ways.

Again, the gift of faith doesn't make a Christian a great Christian or great at anything. It's like giving a gift to a child because of your generosity. We just ask and do and sometime Jesus wants to act in a more direct way through our prayers or actions. That's all the gift of faith is.

Joe B

Another moment that was life or death!

I was waiting at traffic lights (UK we drive on the left!), signalling to turn right and on the opposite side there was a lorry signalling to also turn right.

When the lights changed instead of going part the way over so we could both do a turn, for some reason I stayed put and flashed him to go first, he then return the compliment and flashed me to go first. Just as I was about to drive off, a car on my side doing 50-60 miles an hour went straight through the red light. Had I gone out without that exchange of flashes, he would have hit me, driver's side, and it would have been a double miracle if I had ever survived that!

It was the only time in my life that I have ever experienced a 'cold sweat' as I knew my life had just been saved and there's only one person who rescues us: Our God and Father in Heaven!

Last edited:

kharuq

So many!!!!

Once, when I was feeling depressed and overwhelmed I asked the lord to give me some words of encouragement. I listened to Charles Stanley most everyday on my way to work. That next day Charles Stanley's message was titled "Words of Encouragement" and it spoke to me directly and completely addressed the problems I was wrestling with. That prayer request was immediately answered!!:praying:

Jan51

I have two--a new one and an old one.

About four days ago, our daughter-in-law came by in the evening with the grandkids. She came to the back door as usual, and when I opened the door, she "happened" to hear a funny sound and asked if I had water running. I said no, but suggested maybe the hissing sound was coming from the drip line in my bushes because the end one makes that noise. As I walked toward it to see, I stopped and pointed left, "Wait, it's coming from THAT way." She agreed. Following the hissing sound, I ended up at the propane tank! Yikes! Called hubby outside and he confirmed where it was leaking. DIL just "happened" to have our propane guy's after-hours number on her phone, called him and he headed right over (lived about 25 miles away) and had it fixed by dark! If she hadn't "happened" to come by, and "happened" to hear the hissing, we probably would not have known, and there could have been a spark later....or gas in the house through the open windows all night.

Back when our boys were young, they had three little friends over. I was in the kitchen and they were all sitting at the dining room table, coloring or something, I don't remember. One suggested they go in the living room and do something else. Immediately they all got up and left--strangely, with none of the usual bickering about everybody having a different idea. About a minute later, there was a huge crash. Glass flew everywhere. The light fixture over the dining room table had fallen from the ceiling! I think unseen angels must have ushered those kids out of harm's way.

Aneriz

Ok, here is one of my most recent God moments:

Our oldest boy has special needs. Since he was born the Lord directed us to pray for him and we still do, almost everyday. Our youngest son, Jonathan, is 12 years old. My husband and I were sitting in our home office ready to pray for our oldest and Jonathan asked why we pray for him.

We explained that Jesus not only died for our sins in the cross but that He also carried our diseases. We told our wide eyed listener how Jesus suffered at the pole so that we don't have to. In the midst of explaining this to him and without warning, he launched forward, burry his head on my chest and started sobbing.

We were taken back by his sudden emotional change and when we tried to ask what was the matter he could not control the sobs to speak. I just held him for a long time. When he finally calmed down he pulled back from me, looked into my eyes with fresh tears in his and said: I just can't believe how much Jesus loves us!! :crying

I knew I had just witnessed the Almighty God revealing His unconditional love to our youngest boy and I knew that he would never be the same. And so it was. A week later as we drove in the car back from the Orthodontist office, he received the baptism of the Holy Spirit and started speaking in tongues. Talk about a God moment!

goingup

I should add something here I believe. Just to clarify, what follows is totally a subjective viewpoint on my part. I don't profess to have a true revelation from God on this following scenario.

About 5 or more years ago the Holy Spirit just put it on my heart to begin praying for and watching for the rapture of the church bride. I have prayed for the rapture pretty much nonstop most days every time I think about the LORD, which is fairly often I'd say. Probably about 99.9% of my prayers are for the rapture nowadays.

I'm expectantly waking up every morning only to find His answer was "not just yet, Mary".

I can assure you that I do believe I will see this prayer answered (whether in my lifetime or not), and I am positive I will literally gasp at the glory of being in Our Father's House.

You see, I totally trust God to fulfill His promises to us, and because the Holy Spirit has prompted this huge desire in me to pray fervently for the rapture, I am *sure* it will happen soon!

So, see you here, there, or in the air my friends! Our very best God moment of all eternity is yet to be! I pray for many who are reading on this forum but not yet believers to join our ranks before that most fervent prayer is answered.

:spirit:
Mary I do not Believe The Lord would ask you to Pray for The Rapture, and not let you live to see it.

And I think of this when I see that...

Luke 2:25-26 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

All of Us Christians will die at The Moment of The Rapture Our Mortal Bodies Must Die To Become Spiritual.

1 Corinthians 15:35-36 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come? Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

1 Corinthians 15:42-44 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

I also Believe God would not be so cruel as to ask you to pray for something like The Rapture and then allow

you to die before it happens, I see you like Simeon above. IMVHO

I also believe it will happen REALLY Soon! God Bless You! :hug :hat:

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
A Divine Appointment?

A couple of days ago I was sitting on a rock under a shade tree pretty much in the middle of a parking lot of a medical complex, having driven Fay to her cardiology appointment.

A man strolled slowly past me, having come out of the cardiology office himself. He passed me and then turned and struck up a conversation. We ended up talking about a half hour about a lot of things.

For the sake of brevity here, I am going to report just on the spiritual things we discussed. With some questioning, I ascertained he is in the middle of a very nasty divorce and there are 2 children. This prompted me to witness to him what the results can be in a situation like his, and I pleaded with him to do all he could to reconcile with his wife, or in the absence of reconciliation, to at least not annihilate her character to his children. I know the results of such an ugly battle with kids in the middle, and I told him what happened with my 3 sons. (It's not a pretty story and some of you already know it.)

Then we talked about the middle east news, the lady who was arrested for becoming a Christian and was facing the death penalty. He is the one who brought that up. He said it was good that she was released. I told him to the best of my knowledge she was immediately arrested again. I mentioned Christians being crucified in the middle east. I asked him what it is that Christians have really done to anyone to bring this on themselves? He brought up THE CRUSADES!

I really am not a history buff, but I for some reason, told him that the Christians were not the culprits in The Crusades to the best of my knowledge, that it was Roman Catholics, and that the RC's are STILL not Christians! I told him that the God of my Bible does not have us slit throats for unbelief in Him. That He gives man free will to choose in the matter right up to the point of their own natural death. That He then will be their judge, not us followers. That true followers also give free will in the matter to all we witness to because that is what the Bible tells us to do. He brought up that maybe the Arabs had not "evolved" far enough for that! I laughed and asked him if he meant perhaps the Muslims had not crawled far enough out of the slime pond as yet?

He got a little uncomfortable with the direction this conversation was taking and told me "I have GOT to go now! But would you like a hug?" I graciously accepted his condolences for all I'd been through with my bloody battle of a divorce and the devastating effects it had on my precious sons who are so valuable to me.

He asked me "So what do you do now?" I told him "I am having a lot of trouble coming up with a new vision and a new enthusiasm for life on this planet. In fact I am sick of this place. I spend my days on Rapture Forums and I mostly pray for the Rapture of the Church Bride. We expect that to happen any minute now..."

He admitted he was having trouble with figuring out a new vision and enthusiasm for life too, but then said "You will still be here, there won't be a Rapture." I told him there definitely will be and that Christians will not be missed by most people in this world, and that there probably won't be all that many of us compared to the world population at large who are taken in this Rapture."

He stated to me that he is in a time of some mass confusion right now, and he really has GOT to go. Hugged me. And left.

I came home not knowing really if the Crusades were the Roman Catholics or not. I don't know what made me say they were, because I have no real knowledge about The Crusades other than they were bloody wars and a blight on the Christian faith. I was not even sure it was the Roman Catholics who waged these wars even though that is what my mouth blurted out when he brought up the subject! I'm definitely studying that subject right now though, and learning that the Crusaders killed Muslims OR forced Muslims to convert to "Christianity" and the fight was over territory that is being fought over to this very moment (Jerusalem/Israel).

http://www.lordsandladies.org/the-crusades.htm

:doh: This is the excuse Muslims are using for their current jihad against us! Now I know.

My retrospective quarter-backing of this incident tells me I should have prayed for this man right there right before he left, if he would allow it but for some reason I did not think of it at the time! So I ask you all, if you have read this Divine Appointment story, to say a prayer for this man and his family, that God would draw him into that saving relationship he does not believe in, that God would work in this man's marriage and family to restore relationships so that there is not a similar catastrophe in his children as there was in mine, and that if it be God's will, this will happen before the Rapture so that this man and possibly his wife and his sons will not have to live through what is coming to this world very, very soon in the way of The Great Tribulation.

Thanks so much.

:praying:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-crusades.html

I've been blaming this Jewish/Muslim conflict on Sarah and Abraham, and of course, the slave lady (Hagar) who mothered Ishmael before Isaac was born to Abraham and Sarah :shrug

Last edited:

Lujack Skylark

I was just thinking of a couple of my "God Moments" a while ago. You know, those favorite memories that just come back and give you a smile when you need one the most? Secular people call these "Kodak Moments" but we have a better perspective, yes?

One day I arrived at my son's house and the grandchildren were occupied doing their thing and did not particularly notice my arrival. As I walked into the family room, my 6 year old granddaughter was standing in the middle of the room watching her favorite movie "Beauty And The Beast" and she was so enthralled with the Beauty and the Beast dancing that she barely gave me a little glance. But her subconscious realized it was Grandma and she said "Grandma, would you dance with me?"

Several months later I was retelling her that story, and she did not remember it at all (that's how enthralled she was with the moment of being mentally inside that movie!) But I think it is safe to say I shall never forget that God Moment! I did not mind being my granddaughter's "Beast" for her magic moment!

Please share your God Moments with us all, if you are so inclined. We need some good things share and to ponder in these last days!

Please? "Dance" with me for a moment!
Beautiful Story! I guess my best Kodak Moment was when my little brother Gabriel survived. He was born 4 months pre-mature. The doctors said he would not live a day. Everyone at our church prayed for him. He was so fragile. Grandma told the doctors do all that they could do for him. She would cover the hospital expenses. Six months after Gabriel was born he was allowed to leave the hospital. He was so small it was several months before I felt it was safe to hold him but he was a fighter. Now he is a doctor in the United States Navy in his 23rd year serving the armed forces. He is a chief and likes the service but is irate he cannot witness about Jesus Christ to others but the Navy will allow people to speak about the Muslim faith without being reprimanded.

Lujack Skylark

A Divine Appointment?

A couple of days ago I was sitting on a rock under a shade tree pretty much in the middle of a parking lot of a medical complex, having driven Fay to her cardiology appointment.

A man strolled slowly past me, having come out of the cardiology office himself. He passed me and then turned and struck up a conversation. We ended up talking about a half hour about a lot of things.

For the sake of brevity here, I am going to report just on the spiritual things we discussed. With some questioning, I ascertained he is in the middle of a very nasty divorce and there are 2 children. This prompted me to witness to him what the results can be in a situation like his, and I pleaded with him to do all he could to reconcile with his wife, or in the absence of reconciliation, to at least not annihilate her character to his children. I know the results of such an ugly battle with kids in the middle, and I told him what happened with my 3 sons. (It's not a pretty story and some of you already know it.)

Then we talked about the middle east news, the lady who was arrested for becoming a Christian and was facing the death penalty. He is the one who brought that up. He said it was good that she was released. I told him to the best of my knowledge she was immediately arrested again. I mentioned Christians being crucified in the middle east. I asked him what it is that Christians have really done to anyone to bring this on themselves? He brought up THE CRUSADES!

I really am not a history buff, but I for some reason, told him that the Christians were not the culprits in The Crusades to the best of my knowledge, that it was Roman Catholics, and that the RC's are STILL not Christians! I told him that the God of my Bible does not have us slit throats for unbelief in Him. That He gives man free will to choose in the matter right up to the point of their own natural death. That He then will be their judge, not us followers. That true followers also give free will in the matter to all we witness to because that is what the Bible tells us to do. He brought up that maybe the Arabs had not "evolved" far enough for that! I laughed and asked him if he meant perhaps the Muslims had not crawled far enough out of the slime pond as yet?

He got a little uncomfortable with the direction this conversation was taking and told me "I have GOT to go now! But would you like a hug?" I graciously accepted his condolences for all I'd been through with my bloody battle of a divorce and the devastating effects it had on my precious sons who are so valuable to me.

He asked me "So what do you do now?" I told him "I am having a lot of trouble coming up with a new vision and a new enthusiasm for life on this planet. In fact I am sick of this place. I spend my days on Rapture Forums and I mostly pray for the Rapture of the Church Bride. We expect that to happen any minute now..."

He admitted he was having trouble with figuring out a new vision and enthusiasm for life too, but then said "You will still be here, there won't be a Rapture." I told him there definitely will be and that Christians will not be missed by most people in this world, and that there probably won't be all that many of us compared to the world population at large who are taken in this Rapture."

He stated to me that he is in a time of some mass confusion right now, and he really has GOT to go. Hugged me. And left.

I came home not knowing really if the Crusades were the Roman Catholics or not. I don't know what made me say they were, because I have no real knowledge about The Crusades other than they were bloody wars and a blight on the Christian faith. I was not even sure it was the Roman Catholics who waged these wars even though that is what my mouth blurted out when he brought up the subject! I'm definitely studying that subject right now though, and learning that the Crusaders killed Muslims OR forced Muslims to convert to "Christianity" and the fight was over territory that is being fought over to this very moment (Jerusalem/Israel).

The Crusades

:doh: This is the excuse Muslims are using for their current jihad against us! Now I know.

My retrospective quarter-backing of this incident tells me I should have prayed for this man right there right before he left, if he would allow it but for some reason I did not think of it at the time! So I ask you all, if you have read this Divine Appointment story, to say a prayer for this man and his family, that God would draw him into that saving relationship he does not believe in, that God would work in this man's marriage and family to restore relationships so that there is not a similar catastrophe in his children as there was in mine, and that if it be God's will, this will happen before the Rapture so that this man and possibly his wife and his sons will not have to live through what is coming to this world very, very soon in the way of The Great Tribulation.

Thanks so much.

:praying:

What were the Christian crusades?

I've been blaming this Jewish/Muslim conflict on Sarah and Abraham, and of course, the slave lady (Hagar) who mothered Ishmael before Isaac was born to Abraham and Sarah :shrug
Excellent witnessing Mary. The Crusades took place before the Protestant Reformation. It was a war between Roman Catholics and Muslims but the Roman Catholics also killed Jews they came across in the Middle-East.

Crusades Effects on the Middle East

The Protestant Reformation began on October 31, 1517. Afterwards the Roman Catholics worried about the spread of Protestantism made a deal with the Muslims. The Muslims would be allowed to live in the areas of Bosnia & Albania if the Muslims let Roman Catholics live in Lebanon and the Muslims were to deny the Protestants entry into north Africa. The two religions began cooperating together much like the movement Chrislam where the Roman Catholic church is uniting with the Muslims under the present pope Frances.

pixelpusher

What were the Christian crusades?

But the conflict is because of Sarai and Abram's trying to help God's promise along by fathering Ishmael, right? Genesis 16:11-12. Ishmael will be a wild man, his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him.

Right on?

The crusades, as I understand, as ill-conceived and executed as they were, was the RC response to the Muslim incursions. There was no biblical precedence for such warmaking.