Do You Have "God Moments" to share?

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
This is such a great thread! :)

Ok, I've been percolating on another kindness of God for our family. As son has been seeking counseling in how to live with ADD there is of course a cost to this, even with insurance. So, when he shared about his bill (and also intentions to pay for it) I just prayed to God and asked that He would somehow cover that bill for our son.

A few days later, I kid you not, a check came in the mail for us! It was a partial refund from another medical procedure that had been actually covered by our insurance. The check was just around the amount that would cover our son's bill!!

You just never know how God will help out with something but it sure pays to ask Him for that help. :)

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
It seems I'm bumping this thread again, I hope there are new people who will enjoy it. Or perhaps others have something to share. :)

These last few days I've been battling a sinus infection and getting on the other side of it. Nevertheless, shopping for food must be done, so I prayed for God's help and strength. In the back of my mind I was hoping to get a couple of steak packages for a good price (things seem to be going up in price) and that there wasn't a rush on beef because of the beef company that was hacked recently. I wasn't panicked but other people panicking causes issues.

So, I got to the steak area and right there were two packages of nice meat on sale. But, they were both in a bag that the store provides for meat to keep from leaking. As a result the sale items were overlooked because the sale ticket wasn't seen clearly (one can't see clearly through these bags). It almost felt like they had been picked out for me to even bagged up for me to grab and go. That might seem like a little thing but I was really appreciative to find a good sale for two packages of steak.

Today I have the energy to share something that happened recently with one of my kids. Quite awhile ago I share here that my son had his wallet stolen (in a store located in an area that had a problem with drug users), after having issues with identity theft that year he was understandably upset and concerned. It had been such a tough year for him too! We searched all over the place, in the house, his room (several times), etc. Finally I went into the office got on my knees and prayed that God would somehow get the wallet back to him, even if the cash ($50) was gone. As I was walking out of the office my son called out asking if I was playing a joke on him. He came downstairs with his wallet in hand, looking shocked. He said that he found it on his white rug on the floor.....a place we surely would have seen his wallet on after going in his room several times together (he's one who really keeps his room clean)! When he opened his wallet, his cash was gone but everything else in it like his driver's license, which was what he was most concerned about, was still there. That was quite an amazing day!

Well, about 3 weeks ago our daughter lost her wallet. We checked where she usually places her wallet in her room and even behind the furniture along with all around her room, bed, closet, etc. Scoured the place to no avail. Well, I later got on my knees asking God for His help in getting her wallet back somehow. It didn't show up for about three weeks and then the other day she came down stairs exclaiming in surprise that she found her wallet! I asked her to show me where it had been and she pointed to the area where she usually places her wallet! We had thoroughly looked in that area, and I even did again when she later left the house. That wallet had been no where to be seen! Like our son I told her that it seems that God saw fit to directly get that wallet back to her.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
We have some newer neighbors that have moved into a home right next to us. One thing that I always do is to pray that God would bring Christians. He's been gracious to do so over and over. Today I got to sit and chat with the wife a little bit and she's so very sweet. We immediately started chatting about God, trusting Him - especially during difficult times, His Word. It was such a blessed conversation and I feel so blessed that God answered prayer in providing some nice neighbors who follow Him.

It seemed that it was meant to be as I was bringing over something to share and she was right there, sitting and enjoying the summer day. She's usually very busy but today a moment just kind of opened up and I felt prompted to go over with something I though they would enjoy.

God is so good, so involved and I love the moments that show His hand. :)

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Had a neat day yesterday! I was out running some errands and passed by Target (a store I tend to avoid) and felt a tug to go in but decided against it. Then, I passed it again and again that tug on the heart to go in, so, I decided that perhaps there might be a good reason.

As I was looking at some Christmas presents possibilities, a nice African American lady came around the corner in a scooter and we kind of started up conversation. She was telling me about how she found such nice presents for her family for a first Christmas get together since covid started. She was going back east to see them all again. Amazingly her parents are in their 80's and 90's and as she was talking, I gathered this was a strong Christian family. In the course of conversation we both learned that we were also both Christian and the conversation immediately took a deeper turn (love running into a sister or brother in Christ!!). She began to share some needs of hers, asking for prayer. After a little bit I said, "Hey, let's pray now for these needs!", to which she happily agreed.

So, in the middle of Target, during a busy Christmas shopping season, two Christians, who didn't know each other before then but connected through Christ, bowed their heads and began praying! Heads turned, people stared and Jesus Christ was honored right there in Target!

As it turned out, she was looking for a good bible study and shared that she had been praying specifically for one to join. Well, I 'just happened' to have some information of a good one on hand and gave it to her.

I realized then that God was indeed prompting me to go in as He desired to answer someone's prayer. How wonderful it was to be an avenue for this and my own day was greatly blessed! I was also encouraged in that it seems God still has work for me and His children to be doing, even if it's to just stop, listen and pray for someone.

alisani

Had a neat day yesterday! I was out running some errands and passed by Target (a store I tend to avoid) and felt a tug to go in but decided against it. Then, I passed it again and again that tug on the heart to go in, so, I decided that perhaps there might be a good reason.

As I was looking at some Christmas presents possibilities, a nice African American lady came around the corner in a scooter and we kind of started up conversation. She was telling me about how she found such nice presents for her family for a first Christmas get together since covid started. She was going back east to see them all again. Amazingly her parents are in their 80's and 90's and as she was talking, I gathered this was a strong Christian family. In the course of conversation we both learned that we were also both Christian and the conversation immediately took a deeper turn (love running into a sister or brother in Christ!!). She began to share some needs of hers, asking for prayer. After a little bit I said, "Hey, let's pray now for these needs!", to which she happily agreed.

So, in the middle of Target, during a busy Christmas shopping season, two Christians, who didn't know each other before then but connected through Christ, bowed their heads and began praying! Heads turned, people stared and Jesus Christ was honored right there in Target!

As it turned out, she was looking for a good bible study and shared that she had been praying specifically for one to join. Well, I 'just happened' to have some information of a good one on hand and gave it to her.

I realized then that God was indeed prompting me to go in as He desired to answer someone's prayer. How wonderful it was to be an avenue for this and my own day was greatly blessed! I was also encouraged in that it seems God still has work for me and His children to be doing, even if it's to just stop, listen and pray for someone.
Now that warms me more than sitting in front of the woodstove. Thank you for sharing. It's these stories, evidence of God's goodness, that provide an antidote to mainstream news.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
This last weekend my son helped me with changing a car battery. This one is in a weird location, inside the fenderwell that circles around the front tire. So, this was actually a longer job. While the instructions say that one can remove the battery with the wheel on (we're scratching our heads on how that's a possibility) it was suggested that taking the wheel off was easier. So, my son looked at a how to video and for the first time in his life jacked up a car, took off a wheel and then began the arduous task of removing bolts and plastic pegs, etc. from a panel, to get to the battery. He successfully removed and replaced the battery and then attempted to get the fenderwell cover on with the regular bolts and various plastic tabs that were complicated to put back on. He finally resorted to gently hammering them in place to no avail and began to get frustrated.

Mind you, this is my ADD kiddo with a touch of autism, so his frustration threshold can be lower at times. He did so well with getting everything else taken off and changing the battery and I didn't want to see him feel unsuccessful with a problem that might be easily solved. I began to quietly pray for God's help for him. Right at that time a truck came around the corner, stopped next to us, and a man asked if we needed help. He then saw the plastic tab in my son's hand, stepped out of the truck briefly and immediately told my son how to put them back in, and then got back in and drove off! So, my son followed the instructions, and was able to finish the repair! God is very good! I knew that was God sending help in that super short exchange of just the necessary information. And He cared about the small challenge we were having.....even in the midst of some intense challenges happening in our world.

And, I got to tell my son that I was praying for help right when that man stopped, giving a little testimony that God hears our prayers.

It reminded me that God is in control, sovereign and able to help in all places no matter where. And it reminded me of His faithful, loving care for his Children in their lives. :)

Bethlehem57

I was just thinking of a couple of my "God Moments" a while ago. You know, those favorite memories that just come back and give you a smile when you need one the most? Secular people call these "Kodak Moments" but we have a better perspective, yes?

One day I arrived at my son's house and the grandchildren were occupied doing their thing and did not particularly notice my arrival. As I walked into the family room, my 6 year old granddaughter was standing in the middle of the room watching her favorite movie "Beauty And The Beast" and she was so enthralled with the Beauty and the Beast dancing that she barely gave me a little glance. But her subconscious realized it was Grandma and she said "Grandma, would you dance with me?"

Several months later I was retelling her that story, and she did not remember it at all (that's how enthralled she was with the moment of being mentally inside that movie!) But I think it is safe to say I shall never forget that God Moment! I did not mind being my granddaughter's "Beast" for her magic moment!

Please share your God Moments with us all, if you are so inclined. We need some good things share and to ponder in these last days!

Please? "Dance" with me for a moment!
Awesome memories! So blessed to have a granddaughter in my life that I saw come into the world and have been close to for almost 8 years.

I treasure every moment, take lots of pictures and when she stays with me in the summer, we do lots of stuff! She has named every one of my chickens, has ridden my horse and we go to the beach every year.

She also knows Jesus and yesterday she explained to me about Jesus getting a crown of thorns. My heart was so touched! Every time I see her, I hear her say, “Granna, I love you so much!”

!