Do You Have "God Moments" to share?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I was praying and fasting for days... I had a wife in multiple adulterous relationships and we had four young children. It was a difficult time. I'd been doing everything I could think of to help bring sanity to my spouse's behavior. The Lord chastised me for my own failures, and I immediately felt His love consume me. The Lord chastises whom He loves, and I can't express in words how wonderful that was, to be chastised by my heavenly Father. My wife's behavior didn't change. She never repented. I never divorced her though I am in rights to do just that. I'm at peace and have been ever since that chastisement. The covenant I made with my wife is broken. I have peace about it. I remain with her for her own benefit, not mine, and I know peace. God is good.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
A good friend of mine told me he was going to Russia to try and bring home a young man (teenager) who he wanted to adopt from Russia but roadblocks kept blocking the adoption. While he was in Russia to hopefully bring home the boy I entered into prayer and fasting. Around the third day or so, in a moment of time I understood that my friend would succeed in the adoption and bring the boy home. The Holy Spirit essentially advised me that I could end the period of fasting and prayer as the deed was done. I praised God for the miracle. When my friend came home with his adopted son, I shared the experience I had with him but then understood by my friend's reaction that that was between me and the Lord, as are many experiences.

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
When I was a missionary in Colombia, S.A., it was common for myself and two or three others to enter into a period of prayer and praise and song before we went to sleep. On a couple of occasions it seemed that the doors to heaven opened and we were joined by the hosts of heaven. I can't begin to tell you how incredible that was, nor can I truly remember myself as many decades have passed.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I don't remember where the trip began, but for some reason I was on a train to Bogota, Colombia. The train broke down and we spent most of the day on tracks before repairs were made and we were able to get going again. We finally arrived in Bogota with evening dawning. Where we were let off there was a riot in progress. As I exited the train and looked for a safe way to go, a person in military uniform came towards me pointing his M-16 at me and demanding my wallet and passport. There was another military member with him asking him not to do what he was in the process of doing (robbing me). I was praying of course, as Believers tend to do in dangerous and emergency situations. I held out what he was asking for as I did not want to die and as he reached out his own hand he hit an invisible wall. He continued to try and grab my possessions but that invisible wall kept him from taking my things. He could not breach the wall that God's helper had put up between us. He got a scared look on his face and fled. Praise God. I do not deserve all of the wonderful things that God has done for me over the course of my life. That is for sure and for certain.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I was praying and fasting for days... I had a wife in multiple adulterous relationships and we had four young children. It was a difficult time. I'd been doing everything I could think of to help bring sanity to my spouse's behavior. The Lord chastised me for my own failures, and I immediately felt His love consume me. The Lord chastises whom He loves, and I can't express in words how wonderful that was, to be chastised by my heavenly Father. My wife's behavior didn't change. She never repented. I never divorced her though I am in rights to do just that. I'm at peace and have been ever since that chastisement. The covenant I made with my wife is broken. I have peace about it. I remain with her for her own benefit, not mine, and I know peace. God is good.
Very powerful brother.

Walk Softly

There have been many, but here is one I think is special. Back in Colorado, I had a friend suffering stage 3 cancer. He didn't have a car, he had to use the bus because he couldn't ride his bike or walk too far. One afternoon, my husband and I were at the thrift store about 4 miles from where my friend lived. We "happened" to run into my friend, who had been very sick from chemo and in a good deal of pain. We gave him a ride home. I love it when I can be a vehicle for God's mercy.

ItIsFinished!

There have been many, but here is one I think is special. Back in Colorado, I had a friend suffering stage 3 cancer. He didn't have a car, he had to use the bus because he couldn't ride his bike or walk too far. One afternoon, my husband and I were at the thrift store about 4 miles from where my friend lived. We "happened" to run into my friend, who had been very sick from chemo and in a good deal of pain. We gave him a ride home. I love it when I can be a vehicle for God's mercy.
Amen.

moosejive

I struggle with trusting the Lord in all of my affairs. I don't have " God moments ", anymore. His silence crushes me. Pray for me, brother.
Praying for you Eric, that the silence will be broken. God’s Word is always at our fingertips in the Bible. When David was heartbroken and crushed in Spirit, he wrote and prayed beautiful prayers in Psalms. I was listening to Ben Courson today, he’s a young preacher in the Pacific Northwest, talking about depression, anxiety and fear. He was saying it is rampant today in America and people feel hopeless, but our God is a god of hope and love and can reach out to us in many different ways. Spending time in Psalms may allow God to speak to you now. :hug:pray

Eric Nicholas

Praying for you Eric, that the silence will be broken. God’s Word is always at our fingertips in the Bible. When David was heartbroken and crushed in Spirit, he wrote and prayed beautiful prayers in Psalms. I was listening to Ben Courson today, he’s a young preacher in the Pacific Northwest, talking about depression, anxiety and fear. He was saying it is rampant today in America and people feel hopeless, but our God is a god of hope and love and can reach out to us in many different ways. Spending time in Psalms may allow God to speak to you now. :hug:pray
Thank you, Moose and God bless you. I hope you are always well.

sissy kidwell

My husband was laid off from his job Dec 10, 2018. We had been here renting a house as we wanted to make sure this job was stable before we decided to buy. After 2 years we bought what we believed was our final home and retirement home. He was without work for 10 months and we were going under. We lived on his 401k and began to draw unemployment. One day I was looking at our bank acct and told him you need to get to the bank quick and put some money in the bank before we are over-drawn. He was showing signs of depression and I prayed for him nonstop. We live in the Blue Ridge Mts and he was on top of the mountain about to cross over. I looked at the bank acct a second time and the statement read 690.00 pending deposit and not withdrawal. I called him to share with him that it was a deposit and not withdrawal and he was sobbing. He had pulled over on the side of the road and begged "God please give me something!!" We must have sent out over a hundred resumes. Immediately his phone rang and it was the company he now works for calling wanting him to come in for an interview. The waves of relief washed over us and we could hardly contain our joy as we knew it was God taking care of us.

ItIsFinished!

My husband was laid off from his job Dec 10, 2018. We had been here renting a house as we wanted to make sure this job was stable before we decided to buy. After 2 years we bought what we believed was our final home and retirement home. He was without work for 10 months and we were going under. We lived on his 401k and began to draw unemployment. One day I was looking at our bank acct and told him you need to get to the bank quick and put some money in the bank before we are over-drawn. He was showing signs of depression and I prayed for him nonstop. We live in the Blue Ridge Mts and he was on top of the mountain about to cross over. I looked at the bank acct a second time and the statement read 690.00 pending deposit and not withdrawal. I called him to share with him that it was a deposit and not withdrawal and he was sobbing. He had pulled over on the side of the road and begged "God please give me something!!" We must have sent out over a hundred resumes. Immediately his phone rang and it was the company he now works for calling wanting him to come in for an interview. The waves of relief washed over us and we could hardly contain our joy as we knew it was God taking care of us.
Amen , amen, AMEN!!!
Love it.

Our Father will provide for His children.
There is a grand truth in that promise.

Praise Him!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
For a while when I was in Colombia I went through a period of homesickness. I just couldn't shake it. I really had the blues. About halfway between our farm and the nearest village there was a family of a mom and a few children who ran a small store from their home. When I had pesos in my pocket I would buy a two liter bottle of pepsi from them for 6 pesos which at the time was the equivalent of about 15 cents U.S. One day when I was feeling especially blue, this family invited me in to their home, handed me a little chick, and told me it was a gift for me. At that moment I was filled with the Holy Spirit and the peace that surpasses all understanding. God used this poor family to bless me. They held on to the little chicken until it grew and was ready to butcher, then they prepared it for me for a meal. I was never quite so blue again.

Last edited:

Eric Nicholas

For a while when I was in Colombia I went through a period of homesickness. I just couldn't shake it. I really had the blues. About halfway between our farm and the nearest village there was a family of a mom and a few children who ran a small store from their home. When I had pesos in my pocket I would buy a two liter bottle of pepsi from them for 6 pesos which at the time was the equivalent of about 15 cents U.S. one day when I was feeling especially blue, this family invited me in to their home, handed me a little chick, and told me it was a gift for me. At that moment I was filled with the Holy Spirit and the peace that surpasses all understanding. God used this poor family to bless me. They held on to the little chicken until it grew and was ready to butcher, then they prepared it for me for a meal. I was never quite so blue again.
I love reading these stories from your missions. Bless you, brother. I wish that I grew up under men like you and some others here.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I walked from the village of La Belleza, Colombia, to an area of deep and formidable jungle called "El Otro Mundo". It's a long ardous days walk so you have to start early to get there by nightfall. I only knew the way to one family's hut and from there would need assistance getting to my final destination. On prior trips the family whose hut I could reach would keep me there without letting anyone know I'd arrived until someone learned about it and came for me. I'm not sure why they did this but I never held it against them. On this particular trip I met up with my dear friend and brother in Christ, Angel Erasmo Espejo on the trail. When he saw me he got a strange look on his face and literally fled in the other direction. After a long while he came back while I continued on the trail towards El Otro Mundo. Angel told me that he'd had a dream the night before and in the dream he met up with me on the trail precisely where he did. When he saw me he was scared out of his wits until he had time to connect the dots.

Angel needed to continue to La Belleza where he needed to go to market. The locals can make the trip back and forth in one 24 hour period... but they usually stay somewhere in town overnight. Angel found me that evening. I was at their school building. I'd gotten a bunch of blisters on my poor feet and my feet were killing me. The only pair of boots I had for my last year and a half or so in Colombia were too small for my feet, but my feet were too big for any footwear available in Colombia, so I was stuck with what I had. When I next saw Angel he noticed that I was suffering and understood my feet were hurting. He had me sit down. He removed my boots and along with his wife began to provide first aid care to my feet. While doing so, he said to me, "How beautiful are the feet of him who brings good news". At the moment of his words, the Holy Spirit flooded me with God's presence and the peace that surpasses all understanding (this happened several times during my time as a missisonary). As with other times, the moment was so profound that I remember it quite clearly to this day. I had traveled to El Otro Mundo to share the gospel and provide dental care and eye exams and glasses for those who needed them. I made several trips to El Otro Mundo, and God gave Angel and myself some kind of spiritual connection. On a couple of more occasions he knew I was coming, but he understood after that first time.

Momma D

When my boys were still in school, I was driving our maxi van to a specific place for a specific reason, but changed the regular way I would normally go there. As I passed an area near the elementary school, I noticed a boy hunched down on his knees, and thought he was playing marbles. Didn't really think about it...
I went about three blocks further, and decided I really didn't need to go where I was planning to go, so I turned around and followed the same street heading back home. I saw the boy again, and realized he was a close friend of one of my sons. Since my drivers side was now next to the curb, I rolled my window down, and called out to him.
He was a bloody mess, and told me he had been mauled by a German Shepherd. Having the van, it was heartbreaking, but easier to get him in the car. He told me his mom was at work. I knew exactly where that was, and drove him straight over there, and ran in the building yelling her name. I was able to get them both to the hospital, and everything turned out fine. He was bleeding profusely, but the Lord knew he needed help right then.
I went home, praising God for literally turning me around...a blessing for all of us!

Last edited:

ItIsFinished!

When my boys were still in school, I was driving our maxi van to a specific place for a specific reason, but changed the regular way I would normally go there. As I passed an area near the elementary school, I noticed a boy hunched down on his knees, and thought he was playing marbles. Didn't really think about it...
I went about three blocks further, and decided I really didn't need to go where I was planning to go, so I turned around and followed the same street heading back home. I saw the boy again, and realized he was a close friend of one of my sons. Since my drivers side was now next to the curb, I rolled my window down, and called out to him.
He was a bloody mess, and told me he had been mauled by a German Shepherd. Having the van, it was heartbreaking, but easier to get him in the car. He told me his mom was at work. I knew exactly where that was, and drove him straight over there, and ran in the building yelling her name. I was able to get them both to the hospital, and everything turned out fine. He was bleeding profusely, but the Lord knew he needed help right then.
I went home, praising God for literally turning me around...a blessing for all of us!
Amen!