Do You Have "God Moments" to share?

Lynn

Longing for Home
There is a war going on around us we can't even begin to imagine. I've learned over the last few months though, when the Lord tells something to go, it goes. I'm not crazy, nor on any medication. This happened.
I totally believe you, and I bet everyone else on this forum believes you, as well. Personally, I think you've been allowed to hear the large footsteps of an angel who was sent to minister to you in your time of need. So-o thankful for this wonderful blessing! God could have answered the prayers in a different way and just let your doubts evaporate quietly. But, I think He wanted to give you a strong sense of what He was doing to help you. Such a loving, merciful God we serve. Not a sparrow falls to the ground without His awareness. Jesus said that we're (you are) of greater value than the sparrows. PTL!

Accepted

I have one I shared with Adrian on the phone. It seems like the attacks from the enemy are more frequent now, and I totally understand why. A dying person can be an incredible witness. I was in my office (at home) and kept having these weird thoughts pop into my head. "You're not saved. You're a fraud. You won't go to Heaven." Things like this, and they were really powerful. I was seriously starting to get down on myself. I felt something. I don't know how to explain it, but like something was walking in my hall outside the door and had heavy footsteps. It was something that could be FELT, not just "a feeling". It stepped into the doorway of my office and must have said "LEAVE". There has not been a single instance of doubt while in this office since that time. Something actually told the things causing my doubt to go away. There is a war going on around us we can't even begin to imagine. I've learned over the last few months though, when the Lord tells something to go, it goes. I'm not crazy, nor on any medication. This happened.
Wow — what assurance that the Lord is protecting you! Thank you for sharing and encouraging us all!

Walter Kerr

There is a war going on around us we can't even begin to imagine. I've learned over the last few months though, when the Lord tells something to go, it goes.
What a lovely little episode Dan and thank you for telling us. How true it is Dan, "We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against spiritual wickedness in high places" but sometimes we forget that great truth.

Walter Kerr

What Do You Make Of This Experience?
For many years I was involved in the Philippines opposing communism. The communists were a serious threat to the Philippines in the 1980’s and early 90’s and threatened the Church. At least one Pastor we knew was killed and many of our supporters were also killed. We were there to educate the Church about the so-called Liberation Theology which is the Gospel perverted by Marxism.

At one time we were invited to the University of the Philippines which was a hotbed recruiting site for the Marxist-Leninists. We accepted that invitation and duly went there expecting a very warm welcome, if not a boiling hot one. The meeting went OK and we told the Truth of Marxism-Leninism to a rather hostile audience, but we had some supporters there. This is the background to the incident that follows.

Some time later I attended a conference in Sydney. It was run by the Communist Party Of Australia, but they did not know who I was. I attended these conferences regularly, but this one was a bit different for it had a Filipino speaker from the Communist Party Of The Philippines (CPP).

The Filipino speaker told of that meeting we had had at the University of the Philippines and focussed on our group. He was asked from the floor “Why did you just not shoot them when you had the chance?” He replied “Because they were surrounded by the military.” The problem was that we were not and, as far as we knew, there was not one soldier there. (We always avoided the involvement of the Philippines Army, but they sometimes attended our meetings and we did have meetings at Army Bases all over those Islands.)

At the time I just thought that he was lying, not a rare thing with communists, but later the thought came to me that maybe he really had seen “Soldiers” even though there were none. Was this the Hand of the LORD? Maybe it was, and only in Glory we will find out how often the LORD has intervened in our lives!

Last edited:

Lynn

Longing for Home
This is one of my favorite threads to read through!
Yes, I agree! It's amazing how God ministers to His saints in such unique ways. A few months ago, I was scheduled for an appointment the following week at a major medical center. I was sitting next to my dh in church. He didn't have his arm around me at the time, but suddenly, I felt a gentle pat or two on my shoulder on the opposite side of where he was sitting. I looked behind me to see who could have patted me & no one was there to have done it. I shared this with my dh after church, and we decided that God was perhaps letting me know in a quiet way that He was with me and would be with me at my appointment.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I couldn't wait to get here to share my God moment today! :) And get this thread bumped up too.

So, I have a confession to make. I love books, well, hoard books. It's just a medium size problem :hidebut I just love books, particularly good ones about the bible.

This last Christmas season I came across two little pamphlet books about Heaven by Randy Alcorn - mini versions of his book. I gave one away and kept the other for kiddos that come around the house to look at. It was like a little treasure to me and I was so happy to have it. A few days later, as I was writing a thank you to one of my relatives I wondered if perhaps there was something I could send them to point them to God. Then, my eyes happened upon this little treasure book about Heaven. I really had a bit of a tug of war in the heart about sending out that last booklet. But, I realized that this relative needed it more than I, with eternal consequences at stake.

So, I picked it up and prayed, "Lord, I know that you can bring another one of these around for me, so I'll send this one out." and I did. This was about two weeks ago and I forgot all about it. Today, while out and about, one of my kids unexpectedly texted me to ask me to bring something to school that they had forgotten and so I did, which brought me across town. I decided to stop in a grocery store I don't usually go to and pick up a few items when a persistent thought came to me to go take a look at a used book store near by that often has some good books in the sale section of the store. In fact, I found The History of the Church by Eusebius there a few weeks back!! That was a cool find!

So, I milled around the sale cart section and picked up a book. Then I went to the main section, but very quickly went back out, along with several other people, to the sale cart area as someone who was, well.....let's just say, highly odiferous had come into the main section and my nose couldn't take it. At that point I had squatted down to put my purse on my knees and dig around for some money to go back in quickly and pay for what I had. As I did that, my eyes happen to catch a little section of little devotional books on the second shelf of the cart that I had missed previously. As I looked closer I took in an astonished breath. For there, in mint condition, just as new as when I purchased those two little Heaven pamphlets, was exactly one little Heaven pamphlet book by Randy Alcorn!! But, for much less money. I just sat there smiling at how God got me there to see this little book that was hidden like a needle in a haystack.

God truly is faithful in 'little' things, and things that are big to us. :) :nod

Walter Kerr

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
I've found that when I'm in a sad place or my heart is getting weary, something unexpected happens, where someone, even a stranger says something kind, or a baby smiles at me, or a dog comes up and licks my knees. It is all "you are loved, you are loved, you are loved" that message that I get. So, I try to put that message out to others with how I talk, smile, or look them in the eyes. Little things that make a huge difference when the world makes us feel more invisible every day. But God sees everything, our silent tears, or burdens.

Channah

Yes! Today. I was in church waiting for a funeral service to start and we had about 30 minutes or so. I started reading the Book of Luke and I prayed that God would give me wisdom in understanding. When Jesus healed the leper I had always been curious why Jesus would say go and tell no one. Then the Lord imparted this to me: Jesus told people not to say anything about Him because He was so humble while in the human flesh because He was giving Glory to God in Heaven. I hope this makes sense.

Eric Nicholas

There was one time, but two years ago that I had such sudden onset soreness and stiffness in my jaws, that I could barely open my mouth. Doctors, etc didn't know exactly what it was, but it showed no signs of slowing down. I was laying down, someone prayed over me, and I am not kidding, within three minutes of that prayer, I was healed.

That's one of the few moments I have had and honestly, I would love more. Haha. "God moments" are few and far between with me, at least in the instant healing context.

Last edited:

dreamermind

My car died while driving. I was in a neighborhood thankfully and was able to make it to the curb in front of a few homes. We had no idea what was wrong with it. Then a guy who lived in the home we parked in front of came out and asked if we needed help. He was a mechanic!!! He told us what was wrong and we fixed it! If he wouldn’t have lived there and came out, we would of had to pay to have it towed and then gone without a car until we could have saved enough to tow it to a shop and have it fixed not even knowing the cost. I thought that was pretty amazing and planned by God to show us he prepares for our troubles in advance!

Accepted

Dreamer mind, that reminds me of another one. Many years ago, before kids, we both worked in San Francisco, and were able to buy our first small house in a development that was being built in the East Bay (an hour and a half commute from SF, but affordable). So one Saturday we were making the drive out there to see the progress of the house. On the side of the road, in an open area, we saw a car pulled over to the side, with several Asian ladies standing by.

My husband, who is handy with cars, pulled over to see if he could help. It turned out that this was a car full of Christian women, who had driven together for a Bible study, and were not close to home when their car broke down! My husband had felt the pull of the Holy Spirit to help. It took awhile, I remember, and he had to take our car to the next town for a car part (while I visited with the ladies), but he fixed their car. They were so happy, and praising the Lord!

They wrote down our address at the new house, which was months away from completion. We forgot about the incident, but about six months later, after we had moved in, we received this huge package in the mail. This group of women had crocheted all kinds of things for us, and made a whole bunch of treats too, and sent them to us as a thank you! What joy it is to bear one another’s burdens!

dreamermind

Dreamer mind, that reminds me of another one. Many years ago, before kids, we both worked in San Francisco, and were able to buy our first small house in a development that was being built in the East Bay (an hour and a half commute from SF, but affordable). So one Saturday we were making the drive out there to see the progress of the house. On the side of the road, in an open area, we saw a car pulled over to the side, with several Asian ladies standing by.

My husband, who is handy with cars, pulled over to see if he could help. It turned out that this was a car full of Christian women, who had driven together for a Bible study, and were not close to home when their car broke down! My husband had felt the pull of the Holy Spirit to help. It took awhile, I remember, and he had to take our car to the next town for a car part (while I visited with the ladies), but he fixed their car. They were so happy, and praising the Lord!

They wrote down our address at the new house, which was months away from completion. We forgot about the incident, but about six months later, after we had moved in, we received this huge package in the mail. This group of women had crocheted all kinds of things for us, and made a whole bunch of treats too, and sent them to us as a thank you! What joy it is to bear one another’s burdens!
That’s awesome I love it!

ChildofLight

I’ve had quite a few God moments. The most memorable one was when I was a teenager in the late 70’s. I never told anyone about it till a few years ago,

To set the scene I was on I-35 and at that time there were few cars and trucks on the road. There is a portion of the interstate that has a slight curve and rises into an overpass that is about 200 yards long above cross streets below. That curve is always where a lot of wrecks happen from hydroplaning when it rains. The service roads below just recently became one way and a loop overpass was built just past the long elevated stretch of the interstate. I worked at the mall and go by way of the interstate then get off onto the loop crossing over the interstate.

It was summer and going to work early afternoon. Where that curve is going up to the elevated part I slammed into a wall of heavy rain. I do mean it was like running into a wall. I thought it would be a brief shower but it wasn’t.

My wipers were on high and I could not even see the other side of the windshield. I turned off the radio so I could focus. The rain was pounding down hard. I was terrified.

All these questions were rushing into my mind. What should I do? I wish my brother was with me. He would know what to do. The wipers were slapping, the rain was pounding. I keep driving. Should I pull over to the shoulder? No, I can’t see. What if I hit the guard rail? What if I go over the rail and fall on the streets below or on someone below? I can’t pull over. I don’t know where I am. I keep driving. Where is the guard rail? Where is the concrete divider? What should I do? Should I just stop in the middle of the road? Is there a car in front of me? Is there a car behind me? What if someone else stopped in the middle of the road or pulled over to the shoulder? I can’t see. I can’t even see the other side of the windshield. What should I do? I keep driving.

Suddenly for a few seconds, I felt so warm, at peace and felt as if I was wrapped up in a padded cocoon. It was the most wonderful feeling but lasted only for seconds.

Then it was panic again. I know the underpass of the loop. I’ll get under there and stop. Then I remembered not supposed to stop under an underpass. Also, what if there are already cars under there I’ll hit them. I can’t do that. I keep driving. Then I remembered the service station on the corner. I can pull off and get underneath the awning. Suddenly I jerked the wheel to the right. Oh my gosh I don’t know where I am. What if I go over the guard rail? But I must be on the exit ramp as I haven’t gone over and I’m not on the grass median. I can’t go to the service station there may be cars there and I’ll hit them or worse the pumps and cause an explosion. I jerked the wheel to the left. I keep driving. The rain still pounding and still can’t see a thing . No where I am. Where is the loop with the stop signs? Where am I? I can’t see. Suddenly- overpass! I jerked the wheel to the left. Oh my gosh. I don’t know where I am what if I go down grassy median to interstate below and kill somebody. I keep driving. What if I’m on the west bound instead east bound overpass? I keep driving. The blinding rain keeps pounding.

The sound is changing. I was coming out of the rain like driving through a curtain. Amazingly I was in the middle of the far right lane two thirds of the way across the east bound overpass. I pulled up to the stop sign. I remember a white compact car on my right. I still looked to the left and there was a small silver car in the far west bound lane at the stop sign. I looked back and the white car was still sitting there so I decided to cross since it was just sitting there. It was after I crossed I noticed it was like everything was at a standstill but then SLOWLY started moving. It was the strangest feeling. I was going to pull over into a parking lot and have a panic attack but decided I better get to work.

I later saw the first Star Wars and at the end where Luke shoved aside the instruments and just let The Force guide him, I knew what that was like. God was my Force driving that day. I often wonder about those seconds when I felt so protected. Was there a car there in the road and God took me in His hand and lifted me over?