Do You Have "God Moments" to share?

ItIsFinished!

Amen!
You might enjoy the song, 'I Bowed on my knees and cried holy' I used to sing in a church choir and we sang this a lot. Loved it!
Wow! Just listened.
I never heard that before.
Awesome.
Anything that glorifies Jesus Christ thrills me.
I use to lead choir , but I always leaned towards the old time hymns, but I'll give new ones a chance and this was a good one.
I thought about how we all will spend time with Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.
Peter and Paul.
Moses , Isaiah, Zechariah, Daniel ect...
I'm not going to name them all but you get the picture.
However, and more importantly, we will realize that it will take eternity to grasp the fullness and glory of our Lord and Saviour Jesus the Christ!
Absolutely AMAZING future reality.

Walter Kerr

Walter, I think it's a YouTube link, and I'm not sure if we're allowed to post those anymore.
Thank you Lynn for aiming me in the right direction. I just watched two versions, the Gaither version and another with First Baptist Panama City choir. Both of them caused tears to well up in my eyes. Thank you Lynn for making me aware of this lovely hymn of praise to our loving Saviour.

Last edited:

antitox

The most unexpected moment for me was when I was changing the tire on an old Audi Fox at the gas station. As I was attaching the tire, I dropped one of the bolts. It's not a lugnut but a special bolt unique to the make. Looked everywhere. As far as 20ft out. Nothing. Nowhere. I was worried. In those days I was very poor and this was going to be a dealer part and I needed all 4 bolts because I traveled on a major highway to work. I prayed with all my heart and my might to the Lord, just short of tears. I opened my eyes and my gaze was already fixed on the bolt 10 ft away. That was so amazing I'll never forget it.

Terry

Might seem strange as a God moment. God gives me parking places. This has been going on since about 1973 when I needed a spot badly and took time to ask Him for a parking place. He granted that prayer. I won't bore you with years of details. I can say that getting the "impossible" parking place is thrilling because He lets me know that I am under His wings being cared for.

Accepted

The most unexpected moment for me was when I was changing the tire on an old Audi Fox at the gas station. As I was attaching the tire, I dropped one of the bolts. It's not a lugnut but a special bolt unique to the make. Looked everywhere. As far as 20ft out. Nothing. Nowhere. I was worried. In those days I was very poor and this was going to be a dealer part and I needed all 4 bolts because I traveled on a major highway to work. I prayed with all my heart and my might to the Lord, just short of tears. I opened my eyes and my gaze was already fixed on the bolt 10 ft away. That was so amazing I'll never forget it.
Your bolt story reminded me of this one. I was 23, working in downtown Los Angeles, and driving back to Orange County after work (where I lived). The sun was starting to go down, and my ‘70 VW Bug blew a tire on the freeway. So I veered off the freeway and, thankfully, almost right into a gas station. I started praying! Now, I did not know how to change the tire by myself. My dad thought he shouldn’t teach me because the risk was greater of my not using the jack properly and the car falling on me. (Oh, Dad!).

I spoke to the gas station attendant, who said he’d change it for $12. I actually opened up my wallet to him, showing that I only had $8. He said no and walked away!

No cell phones in those days. I used a pay phone to call my dad - no answer. I knew my then-fiancé, now-husband, was in class and couldn’t be reached. The sun was going down, I’m stuck alone in East L.A., in a skirt and heels no less. Talk about feeling helpless! Again I cried out to the Lord.

Four young men start walking toward me. I think I’m probably going to die, but put my trust in the Lord. They start speaking Spanish, and I know only a little. They gestured to me to show them the spare tire... and changed it for me! I tried to show them how grateful I was by saying “Gracias” and giving them the pittance that was in my wallet, but they just said “Te nada,” smiled and left.

My Mexican angels. I will never forget them.

hopefilled

We are heavy in drought were I live and have been for about 2 years.
The paddocks are more dust than anything else.
Sept is Spring here...but last night we received an unexpected heavy snowfall.

We might have snow once every few years where I live....by accounts of locals who have been here much longer than I, this snowfall was the heaviest in over 30yrs.

We have been looking out across dusty paddocks and hills for so long - it wearies the eyes and soul....the water tanks long dry.

This morning we awoke to see a beautiful white and fresh "wonderland".
Not a trace of dust.....

We were thrilled and overjoyed.....the children laughed and played, we could not stop smiling!
This snow melt will provide significant moisture for our district....and fill the water tanks and local dams and creeks.

How great and merciful is our God!

How quickly so much can be transformed.

I continue to look up....

In but a moment dear family our weary hearts will be refreshed, in a twinkling of an eye we will be transformed when He comes for us.

More rain has fallen today - Thank you Lord and the 4 inches of snow is melting fast - revealing the barren ground once more..but I cannot help but smile...new life will spring forth.

Lookingup83

Love this thread Mary, thanks for starting it. I too had a God moment
just reading this thread. I for some reason earlier today found myself
singing part of my prayer. I haven't done that in a long time. I'm tired
now and I'm going to bed but I want to share a God moment too. I love
hearing about others God moments. It is so encouraging. :nod
Funny I just sang prayers yesterday and I didn't know it was even a thing.

Channah

I have a few. A long time ago, I was working late and it was very dark and I didn't have my glasses with me. I took a side two lane road where there are no light posts. I realized that with my weak eyes I was not able
to see clearly. Now this is where the most unbelievable thing happened. As I was driving on the road, suddenly I saw on the side of the roads those lights that illuminate (the round ones) like a divider on the side of the road. I saw as clearly as day so I was guided by that until I exited the two lane road onto the community road. Some people might not believe me but I did see the lights and it was the Lord guiding me safely home.

Another one, when I was getting ready to go to Bible Study, I was hurrying my children along. I could not find the keys. I was very frustrated, so after a short while I found the keys. Then I heard a loud boom while I was looking for the keys, there was car that must have hit a tree or something so when the Lord delays you it is for a reason.

Walter Kerr

Some people might not believe me but I did see the lights and it was the Lord guiding me safely home.
I believe you Channah, for it really was the LORD guiding you home. He will always guide us home, praise His Name "For He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in ALL thy ways. (Psalm 91:11)