Do You Have "God Moments" to share?

Discussion in 'Bible Readings, Reflections, & Devotions' started by mbrown1219, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Walter,
    thank you for sharing.
    betty

Hidden, Andy C, mbrown1219 and 3 others like this.
  2. Círeth

Círeth Well-Known Member

That's amazing Mish. :)

Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Mish, Hidden, Andy C and 3 others like this.
  3. mbrown1219

mbrown1219 Heaven's Stables

Thank you so much Mish for taking time to share your God Moment (a MIRACLE story)! :hug

Mish, Hidden, Círeth and 1 other person like this.
  4. Círeth

Círeth Well-Known Member

God is great! He is amazing. He answers our prayers before we even ask. :bouncies

We had an amazing time at home group tonight. :D First of all we had a visitor, a sister who goes to our church but normally doesn't come to our group. I won't give specifics, because what happens in Homegroup stays in Homegroup, but she's been having a really tough time. I found that out in the last couple of weeks and have been praying for her.

Two weeks ago in homegroup, before I knew and was praying for her, I got and shared a picture that puzzled everyone. It wasn't for anyone in the group and we were confused. I thought that my imagination had made it up, rather than it being from God and was a bit discouraged. However unknown to me on the same night something was going on in our sister's life that perfectly paralleled the picture I got. She told us all about it tonight and we've all been so encouraged by that. :)

Then we ended up sharing testimonies for the rest of the evening and they were great. We have a new brother in the group who was saved this week with us this evening. HALLELUJAH! Praise be to the Lord for He is Good and His Mercy is unending!!!

After hearing his testimony I felt prompted to share something, which I was really scared to share but God gave me the courage and which I had no idea I'd be sharing tonight and while it was scary people said they were really encouraged by it. :D

God is so Good and I'm still hyper. :D :bouncies

Betty, Bron, Andy C and 4 others like this.
  5. Mish

Mish Well-Known Member

Way to go, Cireth! :cheer I love it when God allows us a tiny glimpse of His fingerprints in our lives or the lives of His children! In our house, 'coincidence' = God!:thumbsup:wink2

Andy C, mbrown1219 and Círeth like this.
  6. Mish

Mish Well-Known Member

I agree, Cireth! To God be ALL the glory!:thankyou

Andy C, mbrown1219 and Círeth like this.
  7. Mish

Mish Well-Known Member

The pleasure was all mine, the medical results were ALL God!

I am forever in awe of our Lord!:yay:waltz

8. Círeth

Círeth Well-Known Member

Totally agree. There is no such thing as coincidence only Godincidence. :)

9. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

I am :bump this thread in honor of Mary Brown who started this thread.

I would also like to update this "God Moment" that I posted over 2 years ago. The man this is written about has become part of our family. He recently came to my Dad's funeral and he went to Church with my Mother and me on Mother's Day this year.

Círeth, maryrae, Andy C and 4 others like this.
  10. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

There are many touching stories in this thread so please take some time and read through them. If you have any God Moments to share please do, we could all use some encouragement these days as we watch and wait together.
    Be Blessed

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    Círeth, Andy C, mattfivefour and 3 others like this.
  11. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

Excellent older thread and brings back lots of memories.

12. Channah

Channah Well-Known Member

This is a great thread. Last week my daughter who is attending school in Sardinia, Italy asked for some important paperwork. I looked in my place where I keep important papers. They were gone. My husband and I looked everywhere and I thought my husband accidentally shredded the papers. We looked for a while then I said a prayer and said Lord please help me find the papers and then a minute later my husband found it. Praise the Lord. He's so good.

13. maryrae

maryrae Well-Known Member

Channah, I am glad you posted. I cannot count the times that I pray as you do, when something has been misplaced or goes missing! More times than not, I find that which has been lost!

14. Channah

Channah Well-Known Member

I had a God moment last night. I said "Oh Lord." Out of the blue in my spirit, I heard "Yes, my child." I felt so blessed. Lately I've been talking to the Lord a lot and just praising Him. I always when I get this I say Lord please let me not my own imagination but it's from you.

Bron, ShilohRose, newstate and 3 others like this.
  15. newstate

newstate Well-Known Member

One evening last year, we went to an inexpensive restaurant for supper, and
    on the way out we saw walking in an older man with his cane, and he was walking
    with a younger man who may well have been his son. They looked like they were perhaps farmers.
    I heard a whispered command in the spirit telling me to say "God bless you." to them as we went by. Well, these days some people might take offense at that and perhaps cuss me out or something.
    But I felt like I was supposed to say it to them, and so I did. In just a moment came a surprised
    reply from one of the men. "God bless you!".

Stevelw, Bron, Kem and 4 others like this.
  16. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Relying on God works!

Bron and maryrae like this.
  17. Kem

Kem Citizen

It is a somewhat common thing here in the south to hear that and always warms my heart.

18. ehbowen

ehbowen Well-Known Member

I can't share some of my "God Moments" without busting rules. But I think I can say this: One night aboard the oil tanker I was reading out of 2 Chronicles 1, where God appeared to Solomon and said to him, "Ask! What shall I give you?" There was no voice, nothing supernatural, but there was a quiet thought in my mind, "If you were extended that offer, what would you ask for?"

At first I was going to echo Solomon's request for wisdom, but then I thought about how that really hadn't worked out for him in the long run. So I said that, if God was ever going to extend that offer to me, what I would ask for is to know God's highest and best desired will for my life...and to have the courage to carry it out.

That was 28 years ago. Developments since then have been...encouraging, on the whole.

19. Spartan Sprinter 1

Spartan Sprinter 1 Well-Known Member

My God moment was 12 years ago at my great aunts funeral whom I loved very dearly.
    She had a very tough life and as I asked the lord to give me some sort o confirmation that she is now at peace in heaven,literally within 2 minutes tis really bright ray f sunlight just shone on her coffin. The feeling of closure and comfort I felt was amazing and I knew God answered my prayer

20. greg64

greg64 Well-Known Member

Last weekend for me was one big God moment. I was away at a men's experiential Christian retreat. It was very intense, but also very rewarding. Lots of broken people there, including me. The Holy Spirit was definitely at work -- I saw more healing and hope in those couple of days than I've probably seen in the rest of my life. What I personally got out of it was significant, but what I saw happen in the faces and spirits of others was nothing short of incredible.