Do You Have "God Moments" to share?

pixelpusher

If your ever out and about certain times of the year stand and watch the Deer's with young teach them to dance . It is a awesome sight to see . They really are teaching them to jump , but the amazing thing is they use the height of each others back so mom jumps dad's then in a circle they get the young to join in and they go in a circular dance it is a sight to see

I would love to see that!

Hol

Worships Him
One time I was out fishing on my property along a river on an Indian reservation (very primitive beach) that I hike into, and I sensed the Lord telling me to stop fishing after about 40-min. Usually I would spend hours casting from the shore, but I listened. I got to my car 15-min later, and found I had left the headlamps on! My battery still worked! There is no cell phone service there & my nearest neighbor is several hours by foot.

Pixel, your 'sounds' made to that buck hit a chord with me. One of my uncles, raised on the Rez, taught me sounds to make that will calm a deer & draw it closer. I have no doubt that our Father can provide us sounds to urge them away. Never assume that any wildlife is safe, no matter how majestic they are, and sometimes just downright cute!

Elijah, I am vaguely aware of some animals training their young, but hadn't heard of the deer jump before. Thanks for sharing!

Walter Kerr

Thank you for the lovely story PP. It sounds like a wonderful time to me. We had a Canadian canoe (to carry all our gear) and my three boys had kyaks and we lived a similar type of life, but without hammocks. We used to paddle along rivers to get as far away as possible from others and set up camp. We have lovely memories of those times and my boys still talk about those far off days and are teaching their kids the same things.

These days we go to outback Australia, no canoes, no water but wonderful isolation. Out there the country is totally flat and, on moonless nights, the stars reach right down to the horizon on all sides. It is a majestic sight with the sky remarkably ablaze with millions of pinpoints of light. The heavens really "do declare the glory of God" and in that blackness and isolation it is impossible not to have a God Moment.
Ps 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handywork. 2 Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night shews knowledge. 3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

Last edited:

Andy C

4 years ago when I was a young 54 year old, I wanted to move a heavy chair by myself down our steep staircase. These stairs go straight down. This is not your normal staircase with a half way point landing area then you make a turn and go down another few stairs, Straight down. I think there are about 18 stairs, hardwood, no carpet. Well, being the then recently retired Marine, I knew I could outsmart the stairs, and get the chair down. I won't embarrass myself anymore then I have to, so no good details on the level of my stupidity.:nod. As I started to back down the stairs, at about the 3rd step from the top, gravity took over, and I fell backwards. As I was flying back, and then somersaulting on down, I thought this one is going to hurt, but I did not feel panic or even scared. I hit the hardwood floor on my back, and of course the chair kept coming and added insult to injury and ran over the top of me while I'm laying on my back. I did not move at first, and did a mental inventory to see if I was hurt. Nothing hurt, and I somehow avoided hitting my head on the floor. I slowly stood up, realized I was ok, and proceeded to go to the gym. (I know, not the best choice to do at this point).

I knew right away that the Hand of God guided me down the stairs, and prevented me from getting hurt. At 54, with my steep stairs, I could of easily broken my neck or back, or worse. How great is our God!

Last edited:

pixelpusher

Goodness Andy, what in the world made you think it was good to get on the downhill side of the chair? : ) Glad you escaped injury, and praises to God for it.

Last winter when we had an ice storm, I had to get out of the house. Go for milk or something at the store, was sure I'd figure out what I needed when I got there. I was thawing out the truck, and had already made several careful trips down the iced over brick steps to scrape at the windows as the truck sat running, defrosting. Finally it was OK to go, and I completely forgot about the steps as I clicked the front door shut behind me. Put my left foot down and it shot out from under me. Just like that, I kicked my right foot out too, crossed my arms in front of me, tucked my chin and slapped both forearms out at ~45°, like they taught us to do a back fall in hapkido. Fell right back on the edges of those brick steps, lay there for a moment like you did to take inventory, then got up cause my butt was getting wet. I was unhurt, just a small scrape at the small of my back. Thank God for training. We are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Goodness Andy, what in the world made you think it was good to get on the downhill side of the chair? : ) Glad you escaped injury, and praises to God for it.
No real reason to think the uphill side would be better, is there? :lol Thank You Lord for saving Andy!
Last winter when we had an ice storm, I had to get out of the house. Go for milk or something at the store, was sure I'd figure out what I needed when I got there. I was thawing out the truck, and had already made several careful trips down the iced over brick steps to scrape at the windows as the truck sat running, defrosting. Finally it was OK to go, and I completely forgot about the steps as I clicked the front door shut behind me. Put my left foot down and it shot out from under me. Just like that, I kicked my right foot out too, crossed my arms in front of me, tucked my chin and slapped both forearms out at ~45°, like they taught us to do a back fall in hapkido. Fell right back on the edges of those brick steps, lay there for a moment like you did to take inventory, then got up cause my butt was getting wet. I was unhurt, just a small scrape at the small of my back. Thank God for training. We are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14
Thank God you are ok and still with us!

Philadelphia

Total God Wink on the way home from church Sunday... I was praying and crying and praying and crying. (struggling with some stuff I won't post here because this is such a positive thread :)) when I turned on the music and this song came on. Coincidence? I think not! It's all HIM, you guys. HIS faithfulness, not ours. <3

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
Last week at the laundromat where I get WiFi and occasionally do my laundry, I had a most wonderful conversation which has gone down in my "God Moments" list and I would like to share with you all.

A youngish looking man came in and was having trouble with the money changing machine, so I helped him get it to work. Then he needed help with the dryer. So I helped him choose a dryer and a setting on the temperature control and I went back to my table and sat down at the computer. A little while went by and he approached me again. Can't really remember what he said at that point, but I asked him where he worked in response to whatever it was he was saying to me. He reported that he works at Raytheon.

I got up from the table at that point and went to the dryer area and a very lively conversation ensued! Probably the best conversation I've had in that laundromat all year, and I have had MANY.

He began working at Raytheon when he was 19 (he is 49 now but I would say looks about 30!) so he has worked there for 30 years. We talked about all the changes at Raytheon in the last 30 years, as I knew a few engineers and machinists from the Hughes Aircraft Company days which is when this young man began working there! So... long story a little shorter, it turns out he knew my friend who was a machinist at Hughes, and then GM when Hughes was bought out by GM, and then Raytheon before he (my old friend) retired!

We talked about the world situation and politics and other things too, and I told him I would be terrified at the state of this world if I was not a Christian with a strong belief God is in control.

This young man started at Hughes as a janitor, and he is now a Manufacturing Engineer with top level security clearance! He survived all the reorganizations that came with the different mergers and he had many job descriptions through the years, but never was laid off as so many others were during the times of change. He is 49 and has been at Raytheon over 30 years!

I told him exuberantly (as I am known for doing) that our conversation was the BEST one I had ever had in the laundromat and I had had many!

As his clothes began to be dry, and the next customer pulled up in front of the laundromat, the young man asked me if he could give me an early Christmas present? Then he opened his wallet and pulled out $35.00 and told me to go have a great dinner on him!

I can buy my own great dinners thankfully, but I graciously accepted (after he adamantly INSISTED).

Life has some divine appointments in each day, and I do believe the Lord sent me a divine appointment that morning -- for sure! :)

maryrae

My computer suddenly "died" on me today, so I thought I'd give it a good cleaning. Sometimes dust builds up and clogs the fans in the computer. The cleaning didn't help and I saw that the fan on the processer(?) had quite completely, so I phoned our repairman, and was told that if I brought it to the store in the next ten minutes, they'd fix it for me. I got to the store, and they didn't know if they had the proper part. I also saw why I had to make it in 10 minutes. They were permanently moving out of the store space today! If I had not phoned ahead, if I had delayed calling, I would not have found anyone there. They had packed up most of their merchandise, but they found the proper part in a box, and repaired my computer. Not only that, I only paid $25 and a few cents for a better part than the one that I had to replace!!

anath

I Love the Lord
Oh my, oh my, the Lord just blessed us!

We (dh and I) were at the grocery store getting a few things, a baking hen, and some gumbo shrimp to make Jambalaya tonight and a ham steak for tomorrow's dinner. Well as our total was displayed a lady came up out of the blue saying, 'I've got this, I got this, I've been blessed this year, please allow me to pay your bill!'
I was shocked and speechless but Mike immediately looked upward and thanked the Lord. I did hug the lady and thanked her, then thanked the Lord.

Thank you again Lord for blessing us tonight!

Walter Kerr

Thank you Maryrae and Anath for your stories.

Timing seems to be the key in both stories. Maryrae got there just in time and Anath was in the right queue at the right time too.

That Jambalaya sounds nice. I've only had it once when in the US, it does not feature in Australia as far as I know. I recall that I liked it but cannot now remember what was in it.

As you may guess from that comment I am not a gourmet chef, but I can make eggs on vegemite toast. My wife has asked "What are you going to do without me?" I do trust that I shall never find out.

GreyWolf

While this did't happen to me personally I heard this story from my youth leader a few years ago. This guy was driving and felt God wanted him to buy a gallon of milk for some odd reason. After buying it, no doubt wondering why he bought it, he once again felt God pulling him this time to a random house. Knocking on the door , a man answered and to both of their surprise the man needed the milk. As he had children ,in particular a baby, and were a very poor family. This really did happen just so you know.

Walter Kerr

This came to me from a friend today. I hope that I am not duplicating something that has already appeared here somewhere.

I have no idea who the author of this story is, but it is a good one and here it is.

The Song That Silenced The Cappuccino Machine

It was chilly in Manhattan but warm inside the Starbucks shop on 51st Street and Broadway. For a musician, it's the most lucrative Starbucks location in the world. The tips can be substantial if you play your tunes right.

During our emotional rendition of the classic, "If You Don't Know Me by Now," I noticed a lady sitting in one of the lounge chairs across from me. She was singing along.

Afterwards she approached me.
"I apologise for singing along on that song. Did it bother you?"

“No, we love it when the audience joins in. Would you like to sing up front on the next selection?"

To my delight, she accepted my invitation.
"You choose, What are you in the mood to sing?" I said.

"Well. ... do you know any Hymns?

I cut my teeth on hymns. Before I was even born, I was going to church. I suggested "How about 'His Eye is on the Sparrow’?" She knew it and soon began to sing.

"Why should I be discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart feel lonely
And long for heaven and home"

The audience of coffee drinkers became quiet. Even the gurgling noises of the cappuccino machine ceased as the employees stopped what they were doing to listen. The song rose to its conclusion.

"I sing because I'm happy;
I sing because I'm free.
For His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches me."

When the last note was sung, the applause became a deafening roar to the embarrassment of the woman. I embraced my new friend. "You, my dear, have made my whole year! That was beautiful!"

"Well, it's funny that you picked that particular hymn," she said.

"Why is that?"

"Well ..." she hesitated again, "that was my daughter's favourite song."

"Really!" I exclaimed.

"Yes," she said, and then grabbed my hands. By this time, the applause had subsided and it was business as usual. "She was 16 and died of a brain tumour last week."

I said the first thing that found its way through my stunned silence. "Are you going to be okay?"

She smiled through tear-filled eyes and squeezed my hands. "I'm going to be okay. I've just got to keep trusting the Lord and singing His songs, and everything's going to be just fine." She picked up her bag, gave me her card, and then she was gone.

* Was it just a coincidence that we happened to be singing in that particular coffee shop on that particular November night?
* Coincidence that this wonderful lady just happened to walk into that particular shop?
* Coincidence that of all the hymns to choose from, I just happened to pick the very hymn that was the favourite of her daughter, who had died just the week before?
* I refuse to believe it.

God has been arranging encounters in human history since the beginning of time, and it's no stretch for me to imagine that God could reach into a coffee shop in midtown Manhattan and turn an ordinary gig into a revival. It was a great reminder that if we keep trusting God and singing the songs, everything's going to be okay.

The next time you feel like GOD can't use YOU, just remember, God can use you to your full potential!!

Besides YOU aren't the message, you are just the MESSENGER.