Do you believe that our nation will have a Nineveh like repentance or is it too late?

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
I know that while we are in the age of grace, it is not too late.
I know that with God, anything is possible.
I know that God desires people to come to repentence.
I know that God listens to prayer, and we, as a church, are praying.

I also know that lately, when I witness to people, they scoff at me, even the polite ones look at me with pity. I've seen it building since the 80's. We had a preacher in the area going on television spots on his own dime, condemning the sins that were just becoming popular at the time and telling people the way to life. And like Noah, he was mocked and laughed at mercilessly.

There's a hardness of heart out there. It's only getting worse. Pride goeth before destruction- and pride seems to be the word-du-jour. Gay pride, black pride, proud boys- everyone on both sides is "proud."

I don't believe it's too late because I know that we are still here. I'm praying for the country and individuals, knowing that my God specializes in miracles- but I do think that that is what it's going to take at this point- a miracle.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I think our country has the opportunity to repent during the immediate reactionary time prophesied just after the Gog/Magog destruction and there are other opportunities during the Trib as also prophesied. Not sure otherwise.

I don't believe any gentile nation will experience national repentence during the Tribulation. Individuals yes, countries no. Only Israel and only at the very end.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I know that while we are in the age of grace, it is not too late.
I know that with God, anything is possible.
I know that God desires people to come to repentence.
I know that God listens to prayer, and we, as a church, are praying.

I also know that lately, when I witness to people, they scoff at me, even the polite ones look at me with pity. I've seen it building since the 80's. We had a preacher in the area going on television spots on his own dime, condemning the sins that were just becoming popular at the time and telling people the way to life. And like Noah, he was mocked and laughed at mercilessly.

There's a hardness of heart out there. It's only getting worse. Pride goeth before destruction- and pride seems to be the word-du-jour. Gay pride, black pride, proud boys- everyone on both sides is "proud."

I don't believe it's too late because I know that we are still here. I'm praying for the country and individuals, knowing that my God specializes in miracles- but I do think that that is what it's going to take at this point- a miracle.

The Holy Ghost works in wonderful and mysterious ways. Until you get to Heaven, you may never know who came to saving faith, in part because of you carrying out the Great Commission :pray :pray :amen :amen

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
I imagine a revival right after the rapture. So many will come to their senses, remember conversations, read left behind letters, etc. I think it's going to be astounding. I imagine my family participating in it, and it gives me so much hope.

castcrowns

I think it is too late. Call me pessimistic, but the hand writing is on the wall. We are eye witnesses to the falling away of the Church.

Also, we live in the Age of Grace, whereas Nineveh was very aware of the power of God, as the ancients knew of His judgments on the ungodly. Mankind for the past 2000 years takes grace for granted, thinking they can do as they please and God will deal with them like Santa Claus. Meaning they still receive blessings even though they remain unrighteous. These are the folks who proclaim themselves as "I'm a good person."

As a rule, I believe God can do the impossible. It is written that He will bring Israel to her knees during the Tribulation, and all of Israel will be saved. But look how many more gentiles will still refuse to worship Jesus even when they see Him coming in the clouds, and everything humanity endured. Many of them hear the Gospel before the Rapture, and all hear the Gospel during the Tribulation.

The reason I think the USA will not come to repentance is because the world, and the first world countries in particular are clearly the Laodecia age of the Church. And it was the last of the seven Churches of Revelation.

We are so close to the Rapture.

Last edited:

Neonap

It's not too late since we, as a nation, have not been destroyed.
Therefore, we as a nation. still have a choice.
With God, all things are possible (no matter how hopeless they seem to us)
God knows the future and His plan is perfect.

No different than an individual having until death (destruction) to come to saving faith in Jesus Christ.
Until death (destruction) he or she has a choice
With God, all things are possible (no matter how hopeless they seem to us)
God knows the future and His plan is perfect.

God's Will be done.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Indeed. God is so good, and desires everyone everywhere to repent and come to Him. I think that a worldwide revival is probably far from possible but nationwide repentance could be possible as long as we are here. Maybe a miracle will happen and we will turn back to God but only God knows.

I hope we do, but it seems that lawlessness is gaining ground not only in our nation but around the world as well.

I imagine a revival right after the rapture. So many will come to their senses, remember conversations, read left behind letters, etc. I think it's going to be astounding. I imagine my family participating in it, and it gives me so much hope.
Scriptural Prophesy seems to indicate a third of Israel repenting and "one in ten" of the Gentiles. Considering that prophesy analysts believe half of all people on earth will die in the plagues and judgements, including also jewish people, we could, if we hold our tongue right, extrapolate a few figures based upon those references.

1. One in ten gentilles of 4 billion: 400 million.
2. One third of Jews out of the half of the 17 million now alive (8.5 million): 2,800,000.

The Bible seems to indicate that most of these Jews survive, mostly by taking early shelter at Petra and environs.
However, the Bible seems to also indicate that most of the Gentiles do not survive the persecutions, but enough do to start having children after the Glorious Return. We Glorifieds cannot have children then.

crossnote

fully dependent upon His grace
When it comes to countries, God's timetable does not center around the USA but rather around Israel.
When it comes to individuals God can send revival whenever and however He wishes.
So He may have mercy on this country but if we continue on our current path as a nation, we are doomed apart from a Divine intervention of His grace.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Scriptural Prophesy seems to indicate a third of Israel repenting and "one in ten" of the Gentiles. Considering that prophesy analysts believe half of all people on earth will die in the plagues and judgements, including also jewish people, we could, if we hold our tongue right, extrapolate a few figures based upon those references.

1. One in ten gentilles of 4 billion: 400 million.
2. One third of Jews out of the half of the 17 million now alive (8.5 million): 2,800,000.

The Bible seems to indicate that most of these Jews survive, mostly by taking early shelter at Petra and environs.
However, the Bible seems to also indicate that most of the Gentiles do not survive the persecutions, but enough do to start having children after the Glorious Return. We Glorifieds cannot have children then.
What is your scripture reference for fhe 1/10? Thanks.

crossnote

Remember when Islamic terrorists destroyed the World Trade Center on 9-11-2001? America realized it had to "get back to God". This emotion lasted (on a national basis) for a few months.
Hardly. What I saw was a surge of Ecumenism, where Islamic Imams, Hindu priests and Buddhist monks, so called 'spiritual leaders' were gathered to pray alongside 'Protestant leaders' at the National Cathedral in Washington D.C.. Most of all that was a sham-show revealing the anemic condition of the Church.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Hardly. What I saw was a surge of Ecumenism, where Islamic Imams, Hindu priests and Buddhist monks, so called 'spiritual leaders' were gathered to pray alongside 'Protestant leaders' at the National Cathedral in Washington D.C.. Most of all that was a sham-show revealing the anemic condition of the Church.

That was inter-faith.
Inter-faith used to mean Christians and Jews, who worship the same God (The Father)
Now, it's a free-for-all.

The LCMS almost split over this issue. Denomination bylaws allow for participation in special events under extraordinary circumstances (9-11 qualified), so the Atlantic District President (headquartered in NYC metro) sought and obtained permission to lead a separate, Christian prayer during the New York City memorial. Some in the denomination objected. The issue was adjudicated using internal procedures and policies, and the issue reflected heavily in the convention the following summer, and again at the conventions 3 and 6 years later.

IMHO, it is important to have Christian witness/representation at such times, but the Christian prayers need to be clearly Christian and include The Gospel, must be offered separately from pagan/satanic prayers, must not be prayed by non-Christian leaders, and Christian leaders must not pray with or along-side of non-Christians. There is precedent in the Bible for this type of separate, but multiple faiths present, when Elijah prayed and sacrificed at the same public ceremony as pagans. If Elijah had not gone and offered Hebrew prayer, proclamation, and sacrifice, then there would not have been the public witness to God (of the Bible). In the case of 9-11, if Christians had not been present and participating at the national memorials, there wuld have been no proclamtion of faith in the true God (of the Bible) and it would have been acceding to islamic claims of victory because muslims preach, pray, and establish a mosque at the site of attacks to proclaim victory and claim the ground for islam.

Participation in an inter-faith anything is not to be undertaken routinely, casually, or without the leading of the Holy Ghost. In my lifetime, 9-11 and the Cuban Missile Crisis were the only two events that I think were extraordinary enough to justify Christian participation in a national inter-faith public service.

Traditionally, ecumenism is inter-denominational, meaning between/among different Christian denominations. However, today's politically correct ecumenism is becoming compromised to mean the same as the free-for-all inter-faith. Methinks this shift in meaning is deliberate muddying of the waters, and part of the plan and conditioning for the one-world religion :mad

[ducks rocks]

Last edited:

crossnote

IMHO, it is important to have Christian witness/representation at such times, but the Christian prayers need to be clearly Christian and include The Gospel, must be offered separately from pagan/satanic prayers, must not be prayed by non-Christian leaders, and Christian leaders must not pray with or along-side of non-Christians.
Personally (IMHO) a strong proclamation of the Gospel alone would have been sufficient. A call to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ as the ONLY hope and object of faith for this world. Anything more is prostitution of the Faith.
(BTW, I was involved in the LCMS at the time and was a big reason why I left).

railfan727

The bigger concern to me is how long the gap will be between the destruction of America and the removal of the church in order for the Tribulation to begin. How many more torts are the globalists going to be allowed to inflict on us? I would rather die than get put through the great reset!

I always thought the final stage of globalism would be brought about by the Rapture and the strong delusion.... but then came 2020. All bets are off... I know the Rapture is still coming.... but when??? I know we haven't officially entered the Tribulation (obviously), but how much else is Satan going to get to throw at us before it starts?

Andy C

I don't believe any gentile nation will experience national repentence during the Tribulation. Individuals yes, countries no. Only Israel and only at the very end.
Concur. Many new believers will still come forward, but as a nation, we crossed the line long ago, and its all going downhill. I believe any blessings bestowed on any nation have been removed, and judgement is coming soon.

Andy C

The bigger concern to me is how long the gap will be between the destruction of America and the removal of the church in order for the Tribulation to begin. How many more torts are the globalists going to be allowed to inflict on us? I would rather die than get put through the great reset!

I always thought the final stage of globalism would be brought about by the Rapture and the strong delusion.... but then came 2020. All bets are off... I know the Rapture is still coming.... but when??? I know we haven't officially entered the Tribulation (obviously), but how much else is Satan going to get to throw at us before it starts?
Good questions, and hopefully, we are removed before its total chaos. But, we are only promised to be removed before the tribulation starts.
Can you imagine being here five more years, evil is rampant, and reminiscing on how good we had it back in 2020?

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4

I am right there with you!! I am honestly shocked we are still here, and now I just wonder if we will be here for a lot more than we thought. Obviously not the Trib, but maybe WAY more war and destruction and famine than we thought. I, too, thought that the rapture would trigger all of this chaos, but we are seeing the collapse of all reason around us...definitely a scary time.

Hang in there, my friend!! I am saying the same thing to myself, too!

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
Ok, I'm going to ask an extremely vulnerable question here, but some days, a little doubt creeps in my head that maybe we will be here for the Tribulation, and then I wonder if that means the loss of the crown for Loving His appearing? Or, if I get tired and depressed waiting for the rapture and stop praying for it everyday, and if the rapture happens in that moment, then I will be left out of that crown? Has anyone else ever wondered this before, or just me? Like, it is running a race and you are doing great, but right before the finish line, you totally faceplant and have to go to the hospital instead of crossing the finish line(?). Sometimes I have this image of God playing the reel of my life and the last sentence is, "you did great until the end, and then you lost hope and your faith was weaker." Maybe the very fact I'm worrying about this means that despite my little human doubts and fears, He who began a good work in me will complete it, and then when I lay the crown at His feet I will say, "wow, you really did all the work!"

Back