Do we choose God or Does God Choose us?

soundingthealarm

God is NOT willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance, Jesus came and died for the sins of the whole world, God chose all, but most refuse Him when given the opportunity to see, they choose unbelief. "There is a way that seems right to man but leads to death." Proverbs 16:25

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.”

Psalms 139:13-16 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book, they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

Ephesians 1:3-6 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He [a]made us accepted in the Beloved.

JSTyler

I like to ask the question a little differently, "Do we choose to reject God or does God choose us?"

Hell wasn't created for humans, any human that winds up there is a willful trespasser.

Another fairly clear analogy that my wifey introduced me to ages ago...we're all slowly drowning in the ocean of creation, God throws every person a lifeline, however, not every person decides to reach out and grab it.

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
I like to ask the question a little differently, "Do we choose to reject God or does God choose us?"

Hell wasn't created for humans, any human that winds up there is a willful trespasser.

Another fairly clear analogy that my wifey introduced me to ages ago...we're all slowly drowning in the ocean of creation, God throws every person a lifeline, however, not every person decides to reach out and grab it.
Good one! :)

God is good!
Satan is evil!
In this world we have both good and evil.
At some point to two systems will be separated.
Which system do you want to end up in?
Choose wisely my friend!

Back