Disney Launches New TV Show Featuring Demons and Witches

antitox

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/mikaela-matthews/disney-launches-new-tv-show-featuring-demons-and-witches.html

Disney has released a new TV show, “The Owl House” that has concerned some parents with its emphasis on witchcraft and demons.

The show focuses on a teenage girl named Luz who discovers a demon world and lives with a powerful witch named Eda the Owl Lady. Luz disguises her identity as a human in order to survive in the demon world and attend witch school. Her greatest ambition is to become like Eda.

“The original pitch [for the show] was ‘girl hangs out with witch in hell,’” said voice actor Alex Hirsch, according to Newsweek.

And, the show’s art director, Ricky Cometa, shared, “We really wanted to make this demon realm feel like home, and just had to figure out how to do it.”

“The Owl House” premiered on Friday, January 10 and has already been handed a second season from Disney. The show’s creator, Dana Terrace, anticipated push back when pitching the idea to Disney for a darker show, but the media conglomerate was willing to take the risk.

“There is sometimes a concern with family networks for what is considered family friendly…because Disney is such a big company that in certain corners, they say that maybe they don’t want to take those risks,” said Hirsch. “Walt Disney took those risks, and that’s why we are sitting in this building. You have to remind yourself that Disney is the full spectrum of emotions, creatures and scary things.”

Terrace also hopes to create an inclusive environment for kids with the show.

“I hope that people are entertained and learn that if you are a little weird, if you don’t feel at home somewhere, then there is a place for you somewhere. You just have to look a little,” she said.

But several parents have voiced concern of the show, including Deborah Bunting, an opinion writer for Faithwire.com. “Disney has gone farther and farther into the darkness of the spiritual world that opposes the living God,” Bunting asserted.

In the past several years, witchcraft has made a steady return to mainstream culture. As previously reported by Christian Headlines, thousands of witches gathered in October to cast a “binding” spell on President Donald Trump in an effort to stop “his malignant works.” Wiccans have grown in number from 8,000 followers in 1990 to an estimated 1.5 million in 2014.

According to Lifesite News, “The Owl House” joined the controversy stirred last month when major retailers debated offering a book called “A Children’s Book of Demons” which teaches children how to summon fiends.

“As ridiculous as the ‘demons’ contained in the book may be, there is nothing innocent or fun about even pretending to summon evil spirits,” said blogger Elizabeth Johnson on Activist Mommy. “But who is to say it is pretend? The spirit world is real and is no laughing matter.”

cavalier973

It isnt any more Satanic than Disney's promotion of the Molecules-to-Man Evolutionary Hypothesis.

The Disney company is about to be exposed, though. Look, for example at all the well-known actresses who started at Disney, and how crazy they are, now. What made them crazy? Being systematically abused by Disney directors and executives, that's what.

Disney is evil.

moosejive

I never felt comfortable with the Harry Potter series of books and movies, but it made lots of money and was entertaining.....so that meant it was”okay”. It was actually taking steps in normalizing the world of witchcraft, spells and the occult to children and adults, IMHO. :sad :confused: One of a long series of “harmless” steps that has included Disney over the past decades.

antitox

This is all a gradual, systematic, step by step introduction of conditioning children early on with images of demonic things to make it acceptable. This is a great abomination in our society. Who in the world would want to be responsible for the spiritual lives of so many children? The price of this is astronomical. They know not what they do.

moosejive

This is all a gradual, systematic, step by step introduction of conditioning children early on with images of demonic things to make it acceptable. This is a great abomination in our society. Who in the world would want to be responsible for the spiritual lives of so many children? The price of this is astronomical. They know not what they do.
Matthew 7:13-14 New International Version (NIV)
The Narrow and Wide Gates
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

fl2007rn

I never felt comfortable with the Harry Potter series of books and movies, but it made lots of money and was entertaining.....so that meant it was”okay”. It was actually taking steps in normalizing the world of witchcraft, spells and the occult to children and adults, IMHO. :sad :confused: One of a long series of “harmless” steps that has included Disney over the past decades.
I agree moosejive. I read one of the Harry Potter books and I had that sinking feeling in my heart. I know that it was the Holy Spirit telling me the books were evil and satanic in nature.

Last edited:

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Disney movies have been putting the occult in their movies for awhile. It is a shame that children don't have innocent pure movies to watch like Lassie growing up. I remember they did a movie called The Sword and The Sorcerer. Also, Bewitched was on tv in my teen years, and later Sabrina The Teenage Witch.

Last edited:

JSTyler

I agree moosejive. I read one of the Harry Potter books and I had that sinking feeling in my heart. I know that it was the Holy Spirit telling me the books were evil and satanic in nature.
I never read them, I listened to them when the entire series was complete. I was curious about all of the hullabaloo surrounding them. The narrator is top-notch, with a great voice and he gave excellent and unique characterizations for each individual in the books. I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoyed them very much, particularly when I consider where I was in my relationship with Jesus Christ back then. I'm however, looking back from an entirely different relational standing with Jesus Christ, and admittedly ashamed to say that I allowed myself to be fully seduced by them. The series is utterly satanic.

I had full intentions to dismiss them as pagan-light, fantasy tripe which they are, and after a listen through the first book, I'd simply move on to something else..but nope, I was willfully seduced and listened through the entire series multiple times, bought the movies, too. The movies were different in many-many details but entirely entertaining with very appealing actors/actresses. Very re-watchable. The series is utterly satanic.

J. K. Rowling is a tremendous story teller who understands narrative, is able to create vibrant worlds and has penned all seven books full of fascinating characters and scenarios. The series is utterly satanic.

The impact of the HP series on modern, young adult fantasy literature is indelible and unmatched by any other. I was a fool for willingly contibuting to the monstrous machine that the HP universe has become and the harm it's done to the hearts and minds of millions of children and adults alike. The series is utterly satanic.

Lesson learned? The series is utterly satanic.

Stay away.

See a pattern?

Anewcreationinjesus

I never read them, I listened to them when the entire series was complete. I was curious about all of the hullabaloo surrounding them. The narrator is top-notch, with a great voice and he gave excellent and unique characterizations for each individual in the books. I'm not ashamed to say that I enjoyed them very much, particularly when I consider where I was in my relationship with Jesus Christ back then. I'm however, looking back from an entirely different relational standing with Jesus Christ, and admittedly ashamed to say that I allowed myself to be fully seduced by them. The series is utterly satanic.

I had full intentions to dismiss them as pagan-light, fantasy tripe which they are, and after a listen through the first book, I'd simply move on to something else..but nope, I was willfully seduced and listened through the entire series multiple times, bought the movies, too. The movies were different in many-many details but entirely entertaining with very appealing actors/actresses. Very re-watchable. The series is utterly satanic.

J. K. Rowling is a tremendous story teller who understands narrative, is able to create vibrant worlds and has penned all seven books full of fascinating characters and scenarios. The series is utterly satanic.

The impact of the HP series on modern, young adult fantasy literature is indelible and unmatched by any other. I was a fool for willingly contibuting to the monstrous machine that the HP universe has become and the harm it's done to the hearts and minds of millions of children and adults alike. The series is utterly satanic.

Lesson learned? The series is utterly satanic.

Stay away.

See a pattern?
The devil comes as an angel of light ....he doesnt really look like this :diablo

Spot on JST!!!

Waitn4Him

Children learn to invite the dark spirit world in, and they will become channels for demons. All they need to do is invite them in, they will come. To me these are the people who are left behind when the rapture happens. Grateful the Holy Spirit is holding back what our world will look like in the tribulation.. As it was in the days of Noah so will it be before Christ's return.

daygo

Children learn to invite the dark spirit world in, and they will become channels for demons. All they need to do is invite them in, they will come. To me these are the people who are left behind when the rapture happens. Grateful the Holy Spirit is holding back what our world will look like in the tribulation.. As it was in the days of Noah so will it be before Christ's return.
Well said.