Disney at it again

Batfan7

The newest animated film "Strange World" will feature a gay teen romance prominently. Is anyone surprised at the progression at Disney? From subtle to in-your-face.

I'm certainly not going to see it or let my kids see it, but for some reason, I keep being disappointed at how evil this once family friendly company has become.

I can't wait for the Millennium when truly kid-appropriate movies will be created once again. I honestly like kid-movies (or maybe it's just I like that they tend to be clean and sweet. Or once were.) Anyway, this is a warning for anyone planning to see the newest Disney movie - the guy stuff won't be a background thing. Warn those you know to avoid it.

MapleLeaf

I have had to make it a general rule to avoid any current Disney projects for some time now. My husband and I previewed a few of their newer projects but they inserted that stuff into everything and we're not comfortable letting our kids see that yet but honestly, that stuff makes me cringe as an adult. I don't care for it. And that goes for hetero lewdness and foul language or gory violence as well. The other studios are inserting that nonsense into kids' stuff as well. We've had to turn off Pete the Cat for that and now I heard even Peppa Pig is getting into that.

The last 'new' Disney movie we let the kids see is Ralph Breaks the Internet and I honestly wish we would have previewed that one. It's not horrible but it's definitely deconstructive which I find more subtle but just as insidious. I also just hated that it undid everything the first movie -- Wreck it Ralph -- had set up. I loved that movie more than Frozen and maybe even more than Tangled. My daughter is scared of "Ralph Breaks the Internet" because of the ending so she never watches it. She is also scared of all of the Toy Story movies because she gets too involved and worries about people stealing her favourite comfort toy. The last 'new' Disney movie that I liked was "Zootopia". I know some people thought that was woke already because of it's talk about racism but I thought the messaging was fair in how the prejudices were coming from all directions and it taught grace, understanding and forgiveness to everyone. Wokesters are absolutely not forgiving. And the main villain turned out to be one of the "oppressed" groups looking for vengeance. It wasn't a Christian movie so I didn't expect it to come to the realization that only Jesus can truly unify people and help them overcome their tribal conflicts.

athenasius

The newest animated film "Strange World" will feature a gay teen romance prominently. Is anyone surprised at the progression at Disney? From subtle to in-your-face.

I'm certainly not going to see it or let my kids see it, but for some reason, I keep being disappointed at how evil this once family friendly company has become.

I can't wait for the Millennium when truly kid-appropriate movies will be created once again. I honestly like kid-movies (or maybe it's just I like that they tend to be clean and sweet. Or once were.) Anyway, this is a warning for anyone planning to see the newest Disney movie - the guy stuff won't be a background thing. Warn those you know to avoid it.
Thank you. We don't do movies anymore, but I'll warn the parents of our granddaughters. They avoid movies too, but you never know what other people will consider ok for a birthday party or some such thing where the girls might be invited out to.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Thank you. We don't do movies anymore, but I'll warn the parents of our granddaughters. They avoid movies too, but you never know what other people will consider ok for a birthday party or some such thing where the girls might be invited out to.
I am amazed at the shows my kids' friends are allowed to watch....horror movies and gory movies and movies that I wouldn't look at.