Disaster After Disaster, and Weird Weather

maranatha14

I was wondering if I am jumping to conclusions here, or making "something" out of "nothing". Today in the paper, I read of horrible fires, ongoing floods, tornadoes in Indiana, earthquakes in Alaska, and record cold temps in the East.

I suspect that you, like I, have noticed the following in the past few years.....
•warmer weather than ever
•colder weather than ever
•more disastrous fires that go on for days
•tornadoes no longer come in seasons; they are constant
•hurricanes no longer come in seasons; they are constant
•floods everywhere and never ending
•droughts that have changed the landscape
•ALL of the above happening on top of each other

As believers who follow prophecy, many of us are looking at these as birth pangs; disasters becoming more often and closer together. And this may well be the case.

But recently, with our country's changing morals, and acceptance of things we never used to accept, I can't help but wonder if this isn't a judgement of God. Chuck Missler used to warn of an Abandonment Judgement of God. Just as God can turn an unrepenting people "over to their own desires", (Romans 1:24) He can also turn His back on societies who continue deeper into sin. (Even Billy Graham once said "if God doesn't judge America, He will owe an apology to Sodom and Gommorah"...)

I can't help but wonder when I look DAILY at all the disasters. They are happing so often, many people don't even notice anymore.

Any thoughts on this?

Kaatje

Listening for that trumpet sound
As believers who follow prophecy, many of us are looking at these as birth pangs; disasters becoming more often and closer together. And this may well be the case.

But recently, with our country's changing morals, and acceptance of things we never used to accept, I can't help but wonder if this isn't a judgement of God.
I agree totally with everything you wrote, Maranatha14.

And I think it is both, birthpangs that are increasing in frequence and strength.
But also the announcement of Gods’ judgement, like a last wake-up call,
and I daily pray that many will see it and repent, so they may live and not perish.

Erin

I agree with you Kaatja. If it is punishment then it's not just us, the world over seems to be having an increase in natural disasters. I had been thinking for quite a while that the states were lucky, things seemed to be much worse in most other parts of the world, with natural disasters of all kinds and islam infiltration.I won't even get into the persecution of Christians!

MePlus6

I don't fall in the punishment camp. We know from Matthew that these signs will come in waves like birth pangs but there are plenty of godless countries that aren't suffering these things.

Salluz

You mean we can change these titles?
I don't fall in the punishment camp. We know from Matthew that these signs will come in waves like birth pangs but there are plenty of godless countries that aren't suffering these things.
Right I don't think any country with even a few Christians in it would experience God's wrath, since God would have spared Sodom and Gamorah for the sake of just ten righteous people.

25 Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?”

Warning maybe, or a sign of the earth groaning? But I don't think God's judgment is applicable when there are far more than ten Christians in America, even though sometimes it doesn't feel like it.

OnlyHim

Romans 8:20-22
20 For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, 21 that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.