Difficult Season.

DH1991

Hello, I'm David, I'm 31 and I recently lost my wife, in June. Forgive me if l this is in the wrong section. I'm just asking for possible prayer for my situation. I feel like I'm just running in place, not motivated to do certain things without her here with me. I know God is with me, but things just don't feel right anymore. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you & God bless.

Hol

Worships Him
Praying for you David.

I am engaged with two widows, one in her 50s and the other in her 70s. It’s easy to find Bible verses for widows, yet widowers are not as easy to support. That’s for practical reasons related to survival. We [sic church] don’t easily engage in grief support.

I found this on an obscure website (sorry that they don’t provide a clear home page!).

Anyhow, soak up this up:
God has provided hundreds of verses for people who grieve. And there are many widowers in the Bible and books by Christian widowers of today.

One of my favorite verses is for widowers, widows, and all who grieve, Psalm 34:18 (NIV):

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted

and saves those who are crushed
in spirit.

Widowers can also know they are not alone. Bible characters who were widowers include: Abraham, Lot, Jacob, and Judah. Widowers today can learn a lot from looking at the mistakes of these men!
Widowers may also google to find Christian men of today who have experienced the loss of their mate: R.C. Sproul, C.S. Lewis, Jeremy Camp, Jerry Sittser, Dr. Robert C. De Vries, Dr. E.V. Hill, and many others.

Life is really a series of losses which we must learn to grieve and handle. Everyone grieves differently, for every loss and every relationship is different. And men in general respond differently to loss than women do. But men have feelings too, and like the person who asked this good question for today, I want to remember that and respond with compassion and hope.

David, seek a closer relationship with our Heavenly Father knowing how He deeply cares about you, about the loss of your beloved wife.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Hello, I'm David, I'm 31 and I recently lost my wife, in June. Forgive me if l this is in the wrong section. I'm just asking for possible prayer for my situation. I feel like I'm just running in place, not motivated to do certain things without her here with me. I know God is with me, but things just don't feel right anymore. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you & God bless.
We are glad that you came here to open your heart about the loss of your wife. Sorry for your loss. :praying love, peace, comfort, and strength. In Jesus Name. :amen Your RF family is here for you and we will lift you up in :pray ers. :bighug

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
David, so sorry for your loss. :sad I would imagine that things are sure feeling off right now. My mom lost my Dad about a year ago and she's just now coming out of the fog so to speak.

Whatever your dealing with is going to be normal. Your grief may go longer or shorter than others and may look different in certain ways as well, it's ok.

I've heard it suggested not to make any major decisions during the first year one is grieving to allow for less emotional decision making that one normally wouldn't make.

There's an organization called Grief Share that some people have found really helpful in processing their grief.

:pray ing.......

DH1991

Sorry for the late response. Her name was Marta, she had epilepsy and I came home to her dead in our bathtub. We're pretty sure she slipped and hit her head and then drowned.

God has given me peace and strength, but life is just very surreal right now. I need to get off cigarettes, which I started, after she passed away. I appreciate the kind words.

JamesSuth

David, I'm shocked to hear your story. It must feel like a nightmare that has come true. I have prayed for you just now, especially that the Lord will be really close to you, and gradually heal your heart and give you a vision for the future. It is nice to hear that the messages on here have been supportive, they will be a comfort, but ultimately it is the Lord alone who will become bigger in your heart and mind, and heal you. Hebrews 6:10 "We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain,". One day we will be reunited with loved ones, but God can heal your heart and give you purpose now as well.