Diesel related products

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Looks like Biden intervened today to get the parties to the table. Possibly only delaying the strike to 60 days from now. Hopefully they can work something out cause it's a mess and the employees deserve a better contract, especially with record profits.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/15/business/railroad-strike-threat/index.html

They also deserve better security in the freight yards. Some are "interesting" places at night :eek :yikes

However, a strike during harvest time would be absolutely disastrous for the whole country. Not just moving foodstuffs, but also people and equipment that follow/lead the harvest.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

cshere

Hearing there are only 25 to 20 days of diesel left. It’s going to get really tough folks. Our strength is in the Lord. :pray

People keep saying it’s like in the 70’s. I don’t remember it ever being this bad in the 70’s. Yes, there was the so called gas shortage but not basically shutting down the country.
We also still had a manufacturing base, and the whole government was not trying to shut off every form of fossil fuel. The 70's was still a time of belief in America and its' "we can handle anything" attitude. There was also still a GREAT dependence on the Lord and many Christians....that was The Most Important part of it vs. today, I think

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The 70's was still a time of belief in America and its' "we can handle anything" attitude.

The 70s fuel crisis aside, the country as a whole was demoralized and living through extreme inflation. Carter seemed completely incompetent at his post. The country was somewhat discombulated by the Viet Nam war. Things were sad. Reagan quickly pulled us out of that funk and America became America again. Reagan helped to make America great again. I hope we can see that one more time after these depressing days with diben in office and the fairly obvious efforts to bring the country to its knees.

Hearing there are only 25 to 20 days of diesel left. It’s going to get really tough folks. Our strength is in the Lord. :pray

People keep saying it’s like in the 70’s. I don’t remember it ever being this bad in the 70’s. Yes, there was the so called gas shortage but not basically shutting down the country.
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/u-s-diesel-supply-dwindles/

America has about 25 days’ worth of diesel fuel at the moment, according to the Department of Energy’s Energy Information Administration. That’s the lowest level the national stockpile has seen in well over a decade.

Short-term relief could be on the way. Bloomberg reports, “At least two vessels carrying around 1 million barrels of diesel are due to arrive in New York after being diverted from their original destinations in Europe.

cshere

The 70s fuel crisis aside, the country as a whole was demoralized and living through extreme inflation. Carter seemed completely incompetent at his post. The country was somewhat discombulated by the Viet Nam war. Things were sad. Reagan quickly pulled us out of that funk and America became America again. Reagan helped to make America great again. I hope we can see that one more time after these depressing days with diben in office and the fairly obvious efforts to bring the country to its knees.
Yes, that is true, I was just thinking about the people I knew, I guess. My parents and grandparents had lived through the depression and the World Wars and it just seemed like they were still overcomers at heart. With faith in the Lord and their proven ability to work hard, lead and achieve, I think they were stronger than we are now. Their overall faith in the Lord and confidence in His provisions and success in their given fields of work gave them an optimism and confidence that the country would rebound. But, I remember the Carter years, too. So, I do see your point. I just did not experience the demoralization....I guess it may have depended on where you were at the time....Appreciate your points.

ChildofLight

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Your post got me thinking.... could urine be converted to gas?

Nigerian scientist advances technology to convert urine into gas​

Now we're POed.

The problem is emissions and all the garbage they tack on a vehicle to stop it. I suspect older diesels will run fine.

My understanding is my Kubota will run better as the additives varnish the internals of the motor. Many old tractors soldier on out there, in the winter i use some kerosene to keep the fuel from jelling. There is a dye they add to Kero that gums up home heaters and can result in a fine if the dye is found in your truck tank as it says your trying to avoid fuel taxes.

There was also a bio diesel process where you could run on old deep fryer oil, but word spread and cost went sky high on the old oil.

Its all about money. No sooner than gas gets back to $4.00+ a gal and I see more shale oil trains running.
I suspect the Nigerians who figured this alternative fuel thing will be bought out and disappear , IF we can believe the report.

Perhaps what we really need is names and address of the people creating this global economic train wreck.
Do we have a Guy Fawkes emoji?

Sissy

I just wanted to apologize to everyone for my post that was tasteless and inappropriate. It bothered me after I posted it and felt really bad about it hence my coming back to delete it and I think Chris deleted it. Please forgive me for my poor taste in thinking it was funny when it was offensive. I'm sorry Guys.

Back