Did anyone watched the Olympics Opening Ceremony today?

GotGrace

I watched some of it and it was depressing in my opinion.
I’ve really lost interest in athletics/sports all the way around.

Get woke go broke.

I have a feeling I’m not the only one feeling this way. I think viewership will be way down. I just can’t get the excitement at watching U.S completion anymore.

What a shame that it has all been sullied like it has.

Andy C

No i didn't bother, it feels empty watching people parade to an empty stadium with no cheers
Im not an “artistic“ type person, so all opening cermonies are boring to me and seldom if ever, have I watched them. Even the majority of competing athletics dont attend, especially those competing the next day. I read that it takes standing around for a few hours before team USA actually marches out, which can impact the next days performance.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Im not an “artistic“ type person, so all opening cermonies are boring to me and seldom if ever, have I watched them. Even the majority of competing athletics dont attend, especially those competing the next day. I read that it takes standing around for a few hours before team USA actually marches out, which can impact the next days performance.
You're right, most athletes have that mindset and would rather save their energy so that they are both mentally and physically focused on their respective events.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
What times do you predict the top sprinter will hit for the 100 and 200? Any chance for a world record?
What times do you predict the top sprinter will hit for the 100 and 200? Any chance for a world record?

I think Trayvon Bromell will win from the US, he won't go anywhere near Usain's record, i think he will most likely win in a time 0f 9.80 seconds and for the 200m i'd say Noah Lyles of the US will win this in about 19.70 seconds.

I was disappointed that Sha'carri Richardson didn't get to compete as i honestly thought that her and the Jamaican ladies would break Flojo's long standing record but sadly she got banned for smoking dope

Andy C

I think Trayvon Bromell will win from the US, he won't go anywhere near Usain's record, i think he will most likely win in a time 0f 9.80 seconds and for the 200m i'd say Noah Lyles of the US will win this in about 19.70 seconds.

I was disappointed that Sha'carri Richardson didn't get to compete as i honestly thought that her and the Jamaican ladies would break Flojo's long standing record but sadly she got banned for smoking dope
Same here. However, at least she owned up to her using, and did not blame anyone other than her own poor choice. As she said, she is young, there will be a future olympics for her.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Same here. However, at least she owned up to her using, and did not blame anyone other than her own poor choice. As she said, she is young, there will be a future olympics for her.
Yeah she's having a real rough go at the moment, her mother passed away a few weeks before the trial and a lot of people are quick to jump on her because she has a very outgoing/flamboyant personality.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I'll probably peruse the medal count in the news from time to time... or not. As others have indicated, I've lost interest in sporting events because of all the wokeness. There's been enough of that that the whole sector has become tainted. Even before the wokeness, I was never keen on watching sporting events. While my boys were in youth soccer we made an effort to watch the world cup, when we could find a way to do it for free, but I've no interest in continuing that either. The USA men's soccer team can't compete at the world level and the women are about the worst example of women that mankind has to offer.

ChildofLight

I’ve never cared to watch the summer ones. I won’t be watching the winter ones anymore either though I’ve already lost interest in them the previous few times.

The only one I loved as far as the ceremonies was the one in Norway. That was soooo beautiful with all the snow, the king and queen, the sleigh and the reindeer. It was truly like a fairy tale.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
I watched some of the opening ceremony and have been watching a few of the events. I still think it's amazing that even with all of the wars and etc. going between nations, there's still enough cooperation to allow something like the Olympics to happen. How wonderful for the athletes that get to participate in the games, and also still good for those that got to participate in the various sports, but didn't qualify for the games.

Not saying there aren't issues in the Olympics and sports, in general, but sports, especially amateur sports, are a wonderful way for people to learn leadership and teamwork skills that carry over into other areas of life. Also, a way to honor and glorify God, especially if one builds a following and uses the influence for Godly purposes.