DeSantis: I will pardon Jan. 6 defendants - including Trump

Aiyanna

Just thinking about the election gives me so much anxiety.
There's so much pure evil on the lose. So much injustice, lies, misinformation, and hatred.
I take comfort in the Bible because I can't find it anywhere else.

I would love it if DeSantis made it in, was able and willing to pardon - free - all the Jan 5 hostages and make huge changes to everything that the Biden administration has so quickly corrupted.
But what would come after him? There's a force at work right now that is pushing evil forward. We can slam on the brakes, throw down our anchors, dig our heels in, but we're being dragged into something that can only end with the Rapture and return of Christ.

I really can't wait. "Soon" is taking entirely too long. :confused:

Momma D

There's so much pure evil on the lose. So much injustice, lies, misinformation, and hatred.

I would love it if DeSantis made it in, was able and willing to pardon - free - all the Jan 5 hostages and make huge changes to everything that the Biden administration has so quickly corrupted.
But what would come after him? There's a force at work right now that is pushing evil forward. We can slam on the brakes, throw down our anchors, dig our heels in, but we're being dragged into something that can only end with the Rapture and return of Christ.

I really can't wait. "Soon" is taking entirely too long. :confused:
I can't explain why, but I have lost confidence in DeSantis over the past 3 or 4 months. He seems to have changed, and I don't know why.
He's definitely a work in progress, but I don't know where it it he's progressing towards. No doubt he has changed recently...
I honestly believe he needs to maintain his position as the Gov. of Florida.

Aiyanna

I can't explain why, but I have lost confidence in DeSantis over the past 3 or 4 months. He seems to have changed, and I don't know why.
He's definitely a work in progress, but I don't know where it it he's progressing towards. No doubt he has changed recently...
I honestly believe he needs to maintain his position as the Gov. of Florida.
I don't follow anyone that closely. No one is "perfect" or without sin. The heart of man is pure evil. DeSantis is just as capable of sinning and making poor choices as the next person.
In the end, I won't be voting for the "perfect future president," I'll be voting for the next president least likely to destroy what's left of the home that I am so grateful for.
I follow and educate myself just enough that I know who I'm voting for. I don't eyeball people so closely that I begin to see all the flaws and get suspicious of everything. Because if I do that, I will find exactly what I'm looking for. A fallen human.

Momma D

I don't follow anyone that closely. No one is "perfect" or without sin. The heart of man is pure evil. DeSantis is just as capable of sinning and making poor choices as the next person.
In the end, I won't be voting for the "perfect future president," I'll be voting for the next president least likely to destroy what's left of the home that I am so grateful for.
I follow and educate myself just enough that I know who I'm voting for. I don't eyeball people so closely that I begin to see all the flaws and get suspicious of everything. Because if I do that, I will find exactly what I'm looking for. A fallen human.
I wasn't criticizing DeSantis as though he was not perfect, or a man mired in sin.
He just seems to have changed in some ways. It was simply an observation on my part.

I think you may have mis-interpreted my post. If I wasn't clear, I' m sorry.
And I agree with you...there is no 'perfect future president.'

Aiyanna

I wasn't criticizing DeSantis as though he was not perfect, or a man mired in sin.
He just seems to have changed in some ways. It was simply an observation on my part.

I apologize as well if I came off wrong. I guess I've heard too many people looking for that perfect president.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has changed a bit in some things or ways. I've never been in his position and never want to be governor or president. But I would imagine the pressures, expectations, responsibilities, and requirements for each are different. He's having to campaign more and reach a much wider audience.
I haven't seen the changes you speak of, so I guess I can't really say, but I can only imagine there would be some changes in things.

Aiyanna

All we can do is keep praying for him, along with everyone. We never really know who we might end up with.

wanderingfreeman

Imo, he hasn't changed. The lamestream media have just adopted a much more negative spin on their reporting about him. Same with social media and other less traditional news sources. It all came together recently like it was a planned attack. Even Trump is attacking him though they should be allies Imo. Imo, Trump's main fault is his ego followed closely by his inability to think before he speaks.

depserv

The Donald Trump that ran for president was a better president than the one that actually served, but even the one that served was a better president than any president since Reagan (and he was far from perfect). The same thing could be true of DeSantis, since keeping campaign promises seems to be pretty rare.

But I do hope the J6 political prisoners are released, no matter who gets in. I think only a small number of them rioted and committed other violent acts, and even those that did didn't come close to doing what BLM and Antifa thugs did over and over and mostly got away with. The J6 patriots are in jail for the crime of patriotism, and that is something that never should happen in America.

For this reason I would also like to see the perpetrators of this crime brought to justice, including Nancy Pelosi. What they did to these patriots they can do to any of us, and likely will anytime it ever serves their purpose, as long as they know they won't get into any trouble for it. Those who weaponized the so-called justice system to attack Trump like to tell us that no one is above the law, but apparently they are, or at least they think they are. We need to remind them that they are not, because if we don't, this kind of thing will just keep getting more common.

And not just at the federal level; the weaponization of all government power is likely to become common, like it is in third world countries. And why shouldn't it, as useful as it is to the ones that do it, since there is never any penalty for it.

Making this promise can only help DeSantis, because anyone inclined to vote patriot instead of liberal knows the truth about the J6 political prisoners and wants them released; anyone who believes the lies about them is so brain dead he will vote for whomever the smiling liberals on TV tell him to vote for.

This is all assuming that we have a real election, and I don't see why we should, since little or nothing has been done to stop massive election fraud.

daygo

The Donald Trump that ran for president was a better president than the one that actually served, but even the one that served was a better president than any president since Reagan (and he was far from perfect). The same thing could be true of DeSantis, since keeping campaign promises seems to be pretty rare.

But I do hope the J6 political prisoners are released, no matter who gets in. I think only a small number of them rioted and committed other violent acts, and even those that did didn't come close to doing what BLM and Antifa thugs did over and over and mostly got away with. The J6 patriots are in jail for the crime of patriotism, and that is something that never should happen in America.

For this reason I would also like to see the perpetrators of this crime brought to justice, including Nancy Pelosi. What they did to these patriots they can do to any of us, and likely will anytime it ever serves their purpose, as long as they know they won't get into any trouble for it. Those who weaponized the so-called justice system to attack Trump like to tell us that no one is above the law, but apparently they are, or at least they think they are. We need to remind them that they are not, because if we don't, this kind of thing will just keep getting more common.

And not just at the federal level; the weaponization of all government power is likely to become common, like it is in third world countries. And why shouldn't it, as useful as it is to the ones that do it, since there is never any penalty for it.

Making this promise can only help DeSantis, because anyone inclined to vote patriot instead of liberal knows the truth about the J6 political prisoners and wants them released; anyone who believes the lies about them is so brain dead he will vote for whomever the smiling liberals on TV tell him to vote for.

This is all assuming that we have a real election, and I don't see why we should, since little or nothing has been done to stop massive election fraud.
Agree and can't see next election being any different.

GEOINTAnalyst

I really wish both Trump and DeSantis would run their campaigns without attacking each other…

Can an election be won without nasty attacks on the other candidates?
Better yet they should join forces, Trump as POTUS - DeSantis as V-POTUS that way the Republicans could possibly hold onto the Executive branch for the next 12 years 4 for Trump then DeSantis runs for POTUS the next 8 years, but I think there is too much animosity between them - the Republicans need to think "Long Term"

Hidden

I understand the feeling. If we're not raptured this year, just imagine how dark next year would be. All bets are off for the left. They have figured out a way to cheat and I'm sure they're already cooking up something for next year's elections. I also keep thinking about the eclipse next year. I'm not sure if this is allowed on this boards, but I keep thinking about it, its significance, if any. That and the SDG summit in September. Things have been deteriorating in recent years, we could only hope our Great Disappearing happens soon.

Momma D

I understand the feeling. If we're not raptured this year, just imagine how dark next year would be. All bets are off for the left. They have figured out a way to cheat and I'm sure they're already cooking up something for next year's elections. I also keep thinking about the eclipse next year. I'm not sure if this is allowed on this boards, but I keep thinking about it, its significance, if any. That and the SDG summit in September. Things have been deteriorating in recent years, we could only hope our Great Disappearing happens soon.
Remember that God is in control.

Back