Denmark sermons law could stifle free worship, warns CofE bishop and a (Conservative!) MP lists prayer alongside rape in proposed ban

SafReb

Robert Innes says proposed translation law could have affect religious freedoms across Europe

The liberties of the centuries-old community of Anglicans in Denmark are being threatened by a draft law requiring all sermons to be translated and submitted to the state, the Church of England’s bishop in Europe has said.

Robert Innes, whose diocese stretches across mainland Europe, has written to the Danish prime minister, Mette Frederiksen, expressing his alarm at what he describes as an “overly restrictive” bind on freedom of expression.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ing-proposed-denmark-sermons-law-robert-innes

‘Fundamentally intolerable’

Dr Albert Mohler, president of one of the largest evangelical Bible colleges in the US, described the proposed law as something that was almost “unprecedented in modern church history”.

He said: “the Danish government now claims to itself the power to approve or disapprove messages, sermons that would be preached in the pulpits of Denmark”.

Dr Mohler said that such a “violation of religious liberty” was “fundamentally intolerable”, “should be unthinkable” and was “unconditionally wrong”.
https://www.christian.org.uk/news/a...vt-plans-to-monitor-foreign-language-sermons/

Tory (Conservative!) MP lists prayer alongside rape in proposed ‘conversion therapy’ ban

A Conservative MP has listed prayer alongside grotesque acts such as ‘corrective rape’ as she called on the Government to ban so-called conversion therapy.

Writing for The House magazine, Alicia Kearns, MP for Rutland and Melton, said the “fraudulent and abhorrent practice” must be criminalised, as existing laws do not enable prosecution where no physical harm has been caused.

She said any attempt to stop someone from expressing their chosen gender identity or sexual orientation is ‘conversion therapy’, which she said “can range from ‘therapy’ and prayer sessions, to aversive treatments like electroshocks or even ‘corrective’ rape”.

She made it clear that she wants a ban to include parents seeking to protect their children.

She said legislation should include a power for family courts to stop parents from trying to prevent their children being given harmful ‘sex swap’ drugs, and that it should be a legal requirement for people to report “known or suspected cases of ‘conversion’ therapy”.

https://www.christian.org.uk/news/t...side-rape-in-proposed-conversion-therapy-ban/

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Robert Innes says proposed translation law could have affect religious freedoms across Europe

The liberties of the centuries-old community of Anglicans in Denmark are being threatened by a draft law requiring all sermons to be translated and submitted to the state, the Church of England’s bishop in Europe has said.

Robert Innes, whose diocese stretches across mainland Europe, has written to the Danish prime minister, Mette Frederiksen, expressing his alarm at what he describes as an “overly restrictive” bind on freedom of expression.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ing-proposed-denmark-sermons-law-robert-innes

‘Fundamentally intolerable’

Dr Albert Mohler, president of one of the largest evangelical Bible colleges in the US, described the proposed law as something that was almost “unprecedented in modern church history”.

He said: “the Danish government now claims to itself the power to approve or disapprove messages, sermons that would be preached in the pulpits of Denmark”.

Dr Mohler said that such a “violation of religious liberty” was “fundamentally intolerable”, “should be unthinkable” and was “unconditionally wrong”.
https://www.christian.org.uk/news/a...vt-plans-to-monitor-foreign-language-sermons/

I wonder how the tiny Evangelical-Lutheran Free Church in Denmark (ELFCD) is going to react/do.

From the English-language portion of its website:

"Free Church: We are a free Church separated from the state because the Church in general should be free from state control and intervention particularly in a time when the civil authorities cannot be expected to adhere to Christ nor be trusted to respect the freedom and unique nature of the Church."

"The Evangelical-Lutheran Free Church is registered as an "approved church body" by the Danish Parliament."

Depending on what that denomination does, it might not be "approved" much longer.
I pray that they stand fast in faith and don't cave.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

DWB

The gospel is under attack from so many different groups I just don't think it can survive much longer. Between Muslims, alphabet people, commies, atheists, liberals, and globalists all determined to take down Christianity eventually they will succeed. A small remnant is all that will remain long term. Hopefully we will hear the trumpet very soon.

usoutpost31

The gospel is under attack from so many different groups I just don't think it can survive much longer. Between Muslims, alphabet people, commies, atheists, liberals, and globalists all determined to take down Christianity eventually they will succeed. A small remnant is all that will remain long term. Hopefully we will hear the trumpet very soon.
No they won't. Satan has been trying, and failing, to exterminate Christianity since the first century. Even during the Tribulation he has no power to stop the Gospel from reaching every corner of the earth.

Matt 16:18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting Gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation and kindred, and tongue and people
Matt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

God's Word will never fail and will never completely disappear. Even in the worst areas for suppression and persecution today, The Gospel and God's Word is alive and the Church is thriving (in secret). Christian believers die every day for their faith. It is hard for people in the west to understand the incredible faith of the persecuted.

This will change in the not-too-distant future.

:pray :pray :amen :amen