Dems now officially the party of the "non religious"

DWB

https://pulpitandpen.org/2019/08/26/democrats-officially-vote-to-become-party-of-the-non-religious/

We have known the dems hate anything to do with Judeo/Christian values, but now they have gone on record as being the party that the best represents the people who have no religious beliefs. I'm not surprised but I do think it will hurt them come voting day. Pres. Trump should use this everyday to remind any remaining Christians who still vote lefty. I've said before, how can any Christian vote for the dems anyway?

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
...NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE recognizes:

1. The value, ethical soundness, and importance of the religiously unaffiliated demographic, a group of Americans who contribute in innumerable ways to the arts, sciences, medicine, business, law, the military, their communities, the success of the Party and prosperity of the Nation; and

2. That religiously unaffiliated Americans are a group that, as much as any other, advocates for rational public policy based on sound science and universal humanistic values and should be represented, included, and heard by the Party.....

Hmmmm....is this the new "minority"?

Hidden

Recently, I've realized what makes this generation worse than any other generations that have come and gone: it is self-righteousness. Unbelievers often accuse Christians of being "self-righteous", but when you think of it, they're actually the ones who are self-righteous -because they believe humanity is innately good and sufficient in itself while we believe that we are utterly wicked and only God can make us good.

In the Gospels, there are two types of sinners that the Lord dealt with. The first are the sinners who know they are sinners and are likely to seek repentance. They are the prostitutes, tax collectors, thieves, etc. Our Lord often mingled with them, dined with them, and taught them things about God.

The second type of sinners are the pharisees. Our Lord described them as whitewashed tombs, beautiful on the outside, but are dead on the inside. They circled our Lord like vultures, always trying to find fault, and they have rejected the Gospel and even accused our Lord of conniving with beelzebul, thus committing the unpardonable sin.

I see the same spirit of the pharisees at rise today. And even worse, because of all the intellectual, philosophical, and scientific progress made in the last 400 years, this generation thinks they have it all figured it out. And because they see themselves as "woke", they think it is their duty to purge the world of conservatism to finally move forward as a specie.

If you marry Noah's generation with the people of Sodom and Gomorrah and then you add the generation during the time of our Lord, you get today's generation.

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
they're actually the ones who are self-righteous -because they believe humanity is innately good and sufficient in itself
This is the definition of Humanism - spot on Hidden

And even worse, because of all the intellectual, philosophical, and scientific progress made in the last 400 years, this generation thinks they have it all figured it out. And because they see themselves as "woke", they think it is their duty to purge the world of conservatism to finally move forward as a specie.
They may see themselves as the "awakened" class, as you say, but what is sad is the amount of so-called believers in their ranks. We call them the Lukewarm:

Revelation 3:16–17 (NKJV)
16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—

In another article Dr. Jeffress states: (https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-religious-obama-adviser)
"that Democrats are 'finally coming to terms with who they are and who they aren't' by going after 'the godless and the faithless' and aligning with their values. Jeffress, who hosts a new show on Fox Nation called 'Pathway to Victory,' accused Democrats of being 'pro-abortion,' 'anti-Israel,' and 'anti-religious liberty.' "

"You know for a long time, Democrats have had a God problem, that is relating to traditional faith voters and they've tried a variety of things: faith outreach directors, talking about God more on the campaign trail," said Jeffress, the pastor of First Baptist Church in Dallas. "None of it's worked."

I agree that none of it worked, because you cannot mix light with darkness. This is just more evidence of the lines being drawn between true believers (light) and non-believers (darkness). The sifting sickle of God continues to swing as the non-believers sign their own certificate of entry into eternal damnation.

Does anybody believe that these crowds will not willingly acquiesce to a world leader known as the Antichrist?

They are just like the political leaders of ancient Israel complete with their own group of false prophets cheering them on.

I pray some will come to terms with their waywardness (some) and lostness (many) coming out of that dastardly party to embrace Christ as Lord. May the Holy Spirit illuminate them to their woeful spiritual condition before a righteous, just, and Holy God.

24 “Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’ - Luke 13:24–25

Isaiah 5:14-16 (NKJV)
14 Therefore Sheol has enlarged itself And opened its mouth beyond measure; Their glory and their multitude and their pomp, And he who is jubilant, shall descend into it.
15 People shall be brought down, Each man shall be humbled, And the eyes of the lofty shall be humbled.
16 But the LORD of hosts shall be exalted in judgment, And God who is holy shall be hallowed in righteousness.

Isaiah 5:18-21 (NKJV)
18 Woe to those who draw iniquity with cords of vanity, And sin as if with a cart rope;
19 That say, "Let Him make speed and hasten His work, That we may see it; And let the counsel of the Holy One of Israel draw near and come, That we may know it."
20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes, And prudent in their own sight!

Isaiah 5:24 (NKJV)
24 Therefore, as the fire devours the stubble, And the flame consumes the chaff, So their root will be as rottenness, And their blossom will ascend like dust; Because they have rejected the law of the LORD of hosts, And despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.

Brothers and Sisters in Christ, what these people are openly doing is an open shame.

GotGrace

https://pulpitandpen.org/2019/08/26/democrats-officially-vote-to-become-party-of-the-non-religious/

We have known the dems hate anything to do with Judeo/Christian values, but now they have gone on record as being the party that the best represents the people who have no religious beliefs. I'm not surprised but I do think it will hurt them come voting day. Pres. Trump should use this everyday to remind any remaining Christians who still vote lefty. I've said before, how can any Christian vote for the dems anyway?
Indeed. I was raised by dyed in the wool Democrats who have been gone from this world to glory for some time now. I believe they would be shocked at what their party has become. They would probably be shocked that it was not the party for me until they could see what it has become. IMO there are many who go along with a certain party who don’t realize exactly what it stands for. It’s the party mom and dad, grandma and grandpa have always belonged to so it must be the right one. I hope this makes sense.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
IMO there are many who go along with a certain party who don’t realize exactly what it stands for. It’s the party mom and dad, grandma and grandpa have always belonged to so it must be the right one. I hope this makes sense.

Yes, it does. :nod. I've met some Christians, who truly love the Lord and identify as Democratic, but I believe their compassionate hearts have been taken advantage of (not unlike those who've given money in the scam "to help their grandchild get out of prison, their 'unjust' incarcerations"). It is good to help the helpless, the struggling, etc. Of course the Lord has instructed us to do so, but wisdom is also needed. Just as a homeless shelter has certain boundaries (like no drugs, no violence and, depending on the shelter, the expectation of working a recovery program), so to is it very reasonable for our country to have boundaries.

It is also good to do that in this context:

Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good..... Rom 13:1-4

I believe part of the problem is that there is diminished digestion of God's Word and that hearts are being manipulated. At the same time, I don't think that real life consequences of having the situation we are in is realized either. At least that's been my experience.

mikhen7

One thing is for sure, when Jesus does return, political parties are not what He will be concerned with. Jesus' concern is what you did or did not do with Him. Jesus once sent out His disciples to work miracles among those in need and to proclaim His words to the people in darkness. When they returned, they were so excited that even the demons were subject to them and His authority. He said to them the following: Luke 10:20 (NKJV) 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven." This world is not our home.

Jesus' main concern is with salvation not politics and parties. But on that note, what we believe should drive our vote. If we have a biblical worlview then vote that worldview. Sometimes it is difficult because of the choices. I usually abstain in God's sight if no choice glorifies our Redeemer.

ItIsFinished!

One thing is for sure, when Jesus does return, political parties are not what He will be concerned with. Jesus' concern is what you did or did not do with Him. Jesus once sent out His disciples to work miracles among those in need and to proclaim His words to the people in darkness. When they returned, they were so excited that even the demons were subject to them and His authority. He said to them the following: Luke 10:20 (NKJV) 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven." This world is not our home.

Jesus' main concern is with salvation not politics and parties. But on that note, what we believe should drive our vote. If we have a biblical worlview then vote that worldview. Sometimes it is difficult because of the choices. I usually abstain in God's sight if no choice glorifies our Redeemer.
I hear ya brother.
On that note I voted and will again for President Trump.
Because he is prolife and pro Israel.
I support babies right to live and I support the State of Israel to exist.

Pray for the unborn.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

May the Lord be glorified.

antitox

This is my issue: There are Dems that claim they are Christian, yet they stand for all the wrong things. So when does the Dem get a conscience about human life, protecting the general populace, upholding personal responsibility, accountability, honesty, respecting opinions they don't like, etc,? Those are only a few. They seem quite secular. Like they have no consciousness of what they are doing - at least it appears that way. Do they not think that there will be any accounting? That would be the big mistake. We must all fear God because we will answer.

antitox

Seems some type of epiphany needs to occur. Some moment of realization. I've heard testimony of former leftists realizing by observation and thought come to where they see the rational difference and contrast of how they had been thinking and became conservative. I wish there were more of those, but they are too few and far between.

depserv

It's actually not true that the Democratic Party is non-religious. It's the political machine of the liberal cult, and liberalism is a religion. Liberalism is a satanic cult; I think that's obvious by looking at what it does. Devil worship is its religion.

It's so dedicated to its religion that it has managed to impose itself on America as a de facto official state religion. And it does not tolerate non-acceptance of its dogma, or belief in any other religion (except Islam, since the liberal and Islamic cults are allied by their mutual war on America and Christianity). How long now has the liberal cult been programming liberal dogma into our kids in the government schools, dogma that is antithetical to Christian beliefs? They even kick kids out for expressing thought that has been forbidden by the high seers of their cult.

The liberal cult is not just unchristian, it's anti-Christian.

This has been the case for decades. But in the past the liberal cult had to hide its true face. Now that the war machine it's been building is nearly complete its political machine can begin to show its true face, even though only partially. That's why it's ready now to openly abandon the Christian faith. But remember liberalism is called "progressive," which means it creeps up on us incrementally, and is always imposing itself more and more; it's never static. Like a plague of locusts, it keeps eating, going from one field to another. So just wait until the machine is complete, and see how ugly its true face is.

History gives us insight into this ugliness. But based on the deep hatred expressed by so many liberals and how readily they are led like cattle, I think what's coming will be worse than even the worst parts of world history. Those who herd liberal cattle are as evil as any ruler has ever been, they just don't have the power held by the Hitlers and Stalins and inquisitors of history. Yet. But with their war machine so near to completion they soon will. And only then will we see just how evil those who worship God's enemy can be.

Last edited:

mikhen7

It's actually not true that the Democratic Party is non-religious. It's the political machine of the liberal cult, and liberalism is a religion. Liberalism is a satanic cult; I think that's obvious by looking at what it does. Devil worship is its religion.

It's so dedicated to its religion that it has managed to impose itself on America as a de facto official state religion. And it does not tolerate non-acceptance of its dogma, or belief in any other religion (except Islam, since the liberal and Islamic cults are allied by their mutual war on America and Christianity). How long now has the liberal cult been programming liberal dogma into our kids in the government schools, dogma that is antithetical to Christian beliefs? They even kick kids out for expressing thought that has been forbidden by the high seers of their cult.

The liberal cult is not just unchristian, it's anti-Christian.

This has been the case for decades. But in the past the liberal cult had to hide its true face. Now that the war machine it's been building is nearly complete its political machine can begin to show its true face, even though only partially. That's why it's ready now to openly abandon the Christian faith. But remember liberalism is called "progressive," which means it creeps up on us incrementally, and is always imposing itself more and more; it's never static. Like a plague of locusts, it keeps eating, going from one field to another. So just wait until the machine is complete, and see how ugly its true face is.

History gives us insight into this ugliness. But based on the deep hatred expressed by so many liberals and how readily they are led like cattle, I think what's coming will be worse than even the worst parts of world history. Those who herd liberal cattle are as evil as any ruler has ever been, they just don't have the power held by the Hitlers and Stalins and inquisitors of history. Yet. But with their war machine so near to completion they soon will. And only then will we see just how evil those who worship God's enemy can be.
So true! And it will not be pretty for all those who have signed on to it. Many will not realize the impact of their liberal ways till hits them in the face. Right now they are experiencing the overflow blessings of God's restraining will. It is because of true believers and our intercessions for the nation that they have not become like Sodom and Gomorrah to this day. But that day will come. When Jesus comes at the trumpet sound and the remnant of believers is called to glory, then and only then, will see the full impact of their evil ways. Our God is a God of justice and every evil will be repaid back upon their own heads when we are taken to our eternal home. Come Lord Jesus! At that time the greatest comma in history will be in play.

(For those who are confused by the "Greatest Comma" see notes below. Basically when Jesus went into the synagogue to pronounce His ministry, (Luke 4;18-19) He quoted the LXX version of Isa. 61:1-2a and closed the book at the comma. This to the Jews was blasphemy and they tried to push him off a cliff afterwards (Luke 4:28-30 NKJV). But His first advent was to initiate the New Covenant and to bring salvation. At His second advent the rest of Isaiah comes into play--the day of vengeance.)

This world just does not understand the implications of rejecting Jesus and His grace!! May God show mercy and bring many to salvation beforehand.

Isa 61:1-3 LXX (Luke used LXX) Compare with Luke 4:18-19 (NKJV)

Lxx Isa 61:1-2a
61 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
on account of which he has anointed me;
he has sent me to bring good news to the poor,
to heal those who are crushed in heart,
to announce release to the captives
and recovery of sight to the blind,
2 to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, <-- Jesus stopped here in Luke 4 because His first advent was not the time for the rest of the Isaiah prophecy to be fulfilled. But that day is on the horizon--very near.

Luke 4:18-19 (NKJV)
18 “The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD.” <--the time for salvation -- The "πλαραω" as opposed to the "καιρος"

The rest of the Isaiah passage continues with:

Isa 61:2b-3
...and the day of repayment, [Day of vengeance - Begins soon after the Rapture]

to comfort all who mourn, <-- [bring closure to the evil that has overran the world these past 6000 years]
3 to give to those who mourn in Zion glory instead of ashes,
the anointing of joy to those who mourn,
a garment of glory instead of a spirit of weariness.
And they will be called generations of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord for glory.

InsuranceGuy

I posted recently on a Democratic message board. Someone had posted the Democrats are "too smart" to believe in such nonsense as religion. I posted my thoughts and some scripture. Turns out the original poster was correct. Within minutes, replies were pouring in about them being the party of the non-brainwashed and how anyone believing in an "old book" is off their rocker. It has become a rallying cry for many Democrats and Liberals to show Christianity is simply a divisive thing the world doesn't need. If the Democrats were to control everything, you may finally see the Bible listed as a banned book, or considered hate speech.

On the flip side, some did comment as to why they dislike Christianity and religion. They use the terms interchangeably, which I tried to explain is the incorrect view to have. Many posted comments that it's hard to like a group that will scream negative slurs at rallies for the LGBT people. The nutty Westboro Baptist Church was mentioned. The main thing they shared though was interesting. Most had a bad experience with a "Christian" group that left them thinking we're all the same. I was asked several times why Christians will show up to a Gay/Queer event and protest, yet not protest outside the big tobacco companies, protest against war and the killing of other people or why do we not get involved with racial issues. After some thought, I think I understand their position a bit better. Not us in particular, but Christianity as a whole has failed the sinning world. We have selectively picked our battles and not preached/taught the word in the proper places, at the proper times or even in the proper context. While I literally cannot stand the thought of them judging us with the atrocities they themselves cause, it makes me feel bad to know some of this was our own fault. Not ours as in people on this Forum, but ours as in the Christian Community at large. We've shown as much non-kindness to people that need to hear the Word as anyone else. I still believe these folks are insane, but some of their points were valid.

mikhen7

If the Democrats were to control everything, you may finally see the Bible listed as a banned book, or considered hate speech.
Yes sir! You are correct.

I was asked several times why Christians will show up to a Gay/Queer event and protest, yet not protest outside the big tobacco companies, protest against war and the killing of other people or why do we not get involved with racial issues. After some thought, I think I understand their position a bit better. Not us in particular, but Christianity as a whole has failed the sinning world.
Do not be to quick to agree with their talking points brother. If they were correct you could say it is our fault, but they are sincerely wrong. They are quick to parrot each others talking points without proof. The church has stood against all the things they mention and still do in major ways. Our society would not be as prosperous as it has been over the centuries if it were not for the church. I have my issues with shallow preaching, biblical illiteracy, and liberalism as a whole infiltrating the church, but I have no issue with what the church has done to make life better for all in the US and other places. We can all improve, but do not give in to their talking points? How many hospitals or charity organizations, homeless shelters etc., have names that represent liberal causes?

I recommend to all this book: "Unimaginable: What Our World Would be Like Without Christianity" Jeremiah Johnson

Here is an excerpt:
This book explores what the world would be like had Christianity not emerged and what will happen if Christianity collapses. Some will say this cannot be known; it would require a parallel universe. But I think we can at least get a pretty good idea of a world without Christianity. After all, until Jesus Christ began his ministry in the late twenties of the first century of the Common Era, there was no such thing as Christianity. We can study that world. Also, there are places around the globe today where Christianity has little visible effect. In his famous Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said, “For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.” 8 I will also magnify how Christianity has blessed the world to the degree that even if you are a person of no faith, the everyday conveniences and most of the rights you now enjoy would not exist without God working in the world through the faith of his children. I already mentioned my recent trip to both Santiago and Havana, Cuba, an experience that was both exhilarating and haunting all at once. Outside of a few Catholic cathedrals, Cuba is a modern example of what happens when society pushes God away. The most recent World Watch List from Open Doors USA documents the persecution of more than 215 million Christians living in fifty countries where either Christianity is illegal or Christians are persecuted, attacked, or marginalized. 9 What are those places like? And, of course, there are other examples that serve as stark reminders. We can look at Hitler’s Germany and the Communist states of the last century or so, where atheism is or had been the official worldview and Christianity was driven to the margins. In 2007, the late Christopher Hitchens came out with the book God Is Not Great. If his worldview wasn’t clear by the title, the book’s subtitle left no doubt: How Religion Poisons Everything. 10 Many people believe this and, in fact, appeal to this claim as justification for their atheism. But I contend evidence shows that belief in God, specifically as understood in Judeo-Christian theology, has in fact benefited humanity greatly. In fact, this book will show the exceptional Judeo-Christian worldview, which has blessed civilization with inherent values and God-given opportunities for all people. The poison to which Hitchens refers is not sourced in belief in God but comes from human sin. It is sin that poisons everything, including religion. This is the tragedy of the human condition. The fallen nature of humanity means that love, art, society, politics, education, sports, food, and drink— everything we do and produce— can be and often is corrupted, or poisoned, to one degree or another. But most tragically of all, human sin results in theological corruption, in gross misrepresentation of God, both in reference to his being and nature, as well as in reference to his will for humanity. 11 After speaking in churches, conferences, and numerous events across North America and the United Kingdom (not to mention my own experiences teaching in a university), what is troubling to me is that in the whole history of the church, the twenty-first century has some of the best-educated people ever to sit in its pews, while also being the most disengaged and biblically illiterate. When I read Judges 2: 10, it is difficult not to be challenged when I think of the unthinking faith represented by so many Christians today: “And there arose another generation after them, who did not know the LORD or the work which he had done for Israel.” This passage immediately follows the death of Joshua and the historic miracles of Israel’s exodus and inheritance of the promised land. Within just one generation, spiritual decline led Israel and the people of God into complacency, and complacency led to apostasy and eventually rebellion against God. This should cause us to pause and ask, “Where are we in the story? Have we forgotten the works of God? Or are we simply unaware?” As a professor, I can speak from experience about the modern university classroom. More and more professors are atheists, even nihilists (believing that religion is worthless), teaching that life itself is meaningless. Have we so quickly forgotten the message of Jesus from John’s gospel? “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” 12 It is this sense of an abundant life that we will unlock within the pages of this book. Notice that Jesus did not come that we might simply exist in an ordinary life, but rather we might have an extraordinary life. My prayer is that Unimaginable will remind us all of the Jesus factor in our world: the way Jesus through his Holy Spirit has worked through his followers to make the world a better place. Let the evidence speak. Judge for yourself. Are we not better off because Jesus came to earth, died to save us from our sins, and rose from the dead, founding a movement that changed the world?

Johnston, Jeremiah J.. Unimaginable: What Our World Would Be Like Without Christianity (pp. 19-24). Baker Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

InsuranceGuy

Yes sir! You are correct.

Do not be to quick to agree with their talking points brother. If they were correct you could say it is our fault, but they are sincerely wrong. They are quick to parrot each others talking points without proof. The church has stood against all the things they mention and still do in major ways. Our society would not be as prosperous as it has been over the centuries if it were not for the church. I have my issues with shallow preaching, biblical illiteracy, and liberalism as a whole infiltrating the church, but I have no issue with what the church has done to make life better for all in the US and other places. We can all improve, but do not give in to their talking points? How many hospitals or charity organizations, homeless shelters etc., have names that represent liberal causes?

I recommend to all this book: "Unimaginable: What Our World Would be Like Without Christianity" Jeremiah Johnson

Here is an excerpt:
This book explores what the world would be like had Christianity not emerged and what will happen if Christianity collapses. Some will say this cannot be known; it would require a parallel universe. But I think we can at least get a pretty good idea of a world without Christianity. After all, until Jesus Christ began his ministry in the late twenties of the first century of the Common Era, there was no such thing as Christianity. We can study that world. Also, there are places around the globe today where Christianity has little visible effect. In his famous Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said, “For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.” 8 I will also magnify how Christianity has blessed the world to the degree that even if you are a person of no faith, the everyday conveniences and most of the rights you now enjoy would not exist without God working in the world through the faith of his children. I already mentioned my recent trip to both Santiago and Havana, Cuba, an experience that was both exhilarating and haunting all at once. Outside of a few Catholic cathedrals, Cuba is a modern example of what happens when society pushes God away. The most recent World Watch List from Open Doors USA documents the persecution of more than 215 million Christians living in fifty countries where either Christianity is illegal or Christians are persecuted, attacked, or marginalized. 9 What are those places like? And, of course, there are other examples that serve as stark reminders. We can look at Hitler’s Germany and the Communist states of the last century or so, where atheism is or had been the official worldview and Christianity was driven to the margins. In 2007, the late Christopher Hitchens came out with the book God Is Not Great. If his worldview wasn’t clear by the title, the book’s subtitle left no doubt: How Religion Poisons Everything. 10 Many people believe this and, in fact, appeal to this claim as justification for their atheism. But I contend evidence shows that belief in God, specifically as understood in Judeo-Christian theology, has in fact benefited humanity greatly. In fact, this book will show the exceptional Judeo-Christian worldview, which has blessed civilization with inherent values and God-given opportunities for all people. The poison to which Hitchens refers is not sourced in belief in God but comes from human sin. It is sin that poisons everything, including religion. This is the tragedy of the human condition. The fallen nature of humanity means that love, art, society, politics, education, sports, food, and drink— everything we do and produce— can be and often is corrupted, or poisoned, to one degree or another. But most tragically of all, human sin results in theological corruption, in gross misrepresentation of God, both in reference to his being and nature, as well as in reference to his will for humanity. 11 After speaking in churches, conferences, and numerous events across North America and the United Kingdom (not to mention my own experiences teaching in a university), what is troubling to me is that in the whole history of the church, the twenty-first century has some of the best-educated people ever to sit in its pews, while also being the most disengaged and biblically illiterate. When I read Judges 2: 10, it is difficult not to be challenged when I think of the unthinking faith represented by so many Christians today: “And there arose another generation after them, who did not know the LORD or the work which he had done for Israel.” This passage immediately follows the death of Joshua and the historic miracles of Israel’s exodus and inheritance of the promised land. Within just one generation, spiritual decline led Israel and the people of God into complacency, and complacency led to apostasy and eventually rebellion against God. This should cause us to pause and ask, “Where are we in the story? Have we forgotten the works of God? Or are we simply unaware?” As a professor, I can speak from experience about the modern university classroom. More and more professors are atheists, even nihilists (believing that religion is worthless), teaching that life itself is meaningless. Have we so quickly forgotten the message of Jesus from John’s gospel? “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” 12 It is this sense of an abundant life that we will unlock within the pages of this book. Notice that Jesus did not come that we might simply exist in an ordinary life, but rather we might have an extraordinary life. My prayer is that Unimaginable will remind us all of the Jesus factor in our world: the way Jesus through his Holy Spirit has worked through his followers to make the world a better place. Let the evidence speak. Judge for yourself. Are we not better off because Jesus came to earth, died to save us from our sins, and rose from the dead, founding a movement that changed the world?

Johnston, Jeremiah J.. Unimaginable: What Our World Would Be Like Without Christianity (pp. 19-24). Baker Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

I understand completely with what you are saying and I do not give them much credence, nor room, when showing empathy. I have seen videos of many things the Christian Community has done that make us look horrible. I believe as a Community we've tried to do what is right and Holy, but at times, it hasn't worked out that way. If you know me, you know that LGBT folks literally make me sick to my stomach. Enough to actually throw up. That said, I have seen videos of Christian groups screaming names at them and even getting into fights. We're to hate the sin, not the sinner. We aren't perfect, and I know most Christians are have good intent, but we do sometimes forget that we aren't the judge and jury. I do it too. Quite often.

So, when someone simply posts things we do that have hurt them in some way, I will usually discard it without prejudice as being an excuse. When you can actually watch Christians doing things that are absolutely not Holy, it makes me queasy, just as the LGBT people do. I'll never, in any way, shape or form, agree with them. I do fully understand though that there are those that hate Christianity for a reason. Our job is to simply plant the seed. If showing them some understanding and a little brotherly love helps get that seed planted, I'm all for it. I'm far strong enough in my Faith and belief to not be turned to the dark side. lol

mikhen7

Our job is to simply plant the seed. If showing them some understanding and a little brotherly love helps get that seed planted, I'm all for it. I'm far strong enough in my Faith and belief to not be turned to the dark side. lol
Oh, I was not intending to mean that at all. I know you are strong in your faith. I read your posts. The problem is, the dems, libs, and gay folks all like to zero in on a fringe group that they can point to. You and I know from reading the Bible that there will be a great falling away of the church in the last days. We are in it. Unfortunately the church is not omnipresent. The good within it, including the protests in a peaceful manner for what we believe in and against what we do not want forced on our children, do not surface in all places. They only see what they want to see. That is where the blindness comes in. They also traffic in social sites and news media that propagandizes liberalism and attacks Christianity. In short, these are myopic folks. But unless the Holy Spirit opens their eyes to the truth, no matter what good the church does they will rarely see it and if they do, do not be surprised if they find ways to criticize it. We live in a fallen world.

All the time they say these things against the church, they are biting off the hands that worked and prayed to make this nation great.

As you pray for these folks take heart in this. God's conviction upon the heart of a person who realizes they are separated from God and in dire need of a Savior, will have its good work. A recent rally with Greg Laurie saw 8,000 souls come to Christ over its length. God is still at work. So yes, keep planting them seeds.