Deceptions: QAnon, Great Awakening and Hysteria

SafReb

Some of you might be aware of the phenomenal Q movement. It has attracted support from "Christians", "Churches", the conservatives, Republicans and Trump supporters. In their platform Trump is the saviour / warrior like hero who battles the deep state and it lists endless activities performed by Trump to drain the swamp, backed up by outlandish conspiracy theories. It also uses the bible to affirm their movement, completely taking scriptures out of context. I visited this site and one of their mantras, which are many, is the "Great Awakening".

They are using this term to define the exposure of corruption, which are legitimate concerns and factual. But the movement masks a dark agenda of New Age, NAR and the Seven Mountains Mandate teachings. Apparently, Trump is preparing the world for the control of civic societies to be rid of corruptions and so on.

The Great Awakening is the New Age term used by previous gurus and is linked to very dark characters. Please stay away, but expose this cult and warn your friends and family. People are so vulnerable right now and many are turning to this and similar stuff not recognising its deception.

"On Feb. 23, I logged onto Zoom to observe the first public service of what is essentially a QAnon church operating out of the Omega Kingdom Ministry (OKM). I’ve spent 12 weeks attending this two-hour Sunday morning service.

What I’ve witnessed is an existing model of neo-charismatic home churches — the neo-charismatic movement is an offshoot of evangelical Protestant Christianity and is made up of thousands of independent organizations — where QAnon conspiracy theories are reinterpreted through the Bible. In turn, QAnon conspiracy theories serve as a lens to interpret the Bible itself....

OKM is part of a network of independent congregations (or ekklesia) called Home Congregations Worldwide (HCW). The organization’s spiritual adviser is Mark Taylor, a self-proclaimed “Trump Prophet” and QAnon influencer with a large social media following on Twitter and YouTube.....

The resource page of the HCW website only links to QAnon propaganda — including the documentary Fall Cabal by Dutch conspiracy theorist Janet Ossebaard, which is used to formally indoctrinate e-congregants into QAnon. This 10-part YouTube series was the core material for the weekly Bible study during QAnon church sessions I observed.

The Sunday service is led by Russ Wagner, leader of the Indiana-based OKM, and Kevin Bushey, a retired colonel running for election to the Maine House of Representatives.

The service begins with an opening prayer from Wagner that he says will protect the Zoom room from Satan. This is followed by an hour-long Bible study where Wagner might explain the Fall Cabal video that attendees had just watched or offer his observations on socio-political events from the previous week.

Everything is explained though the lens of the Bible and QAnon narratives. Bushey then does 45 minutes of decoding items that have appeared recently on the app called QMap that is used to share conspiracy theories. The last 15 minutes are dedicated to communion and prayer.

At a service held on April 26, Wagner and Bushey spoke about a QAnon theory, called Project Looking Glass, that the U.S. military has secretly developed a form of time-travel technology. Wagner suggested to e-congregants that time travel can be explained by certain passages in the Bible"....

https://theconversation.com/the-chu...-the-basis-of-a-new-religious-movement-137859

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
This is so dangerous! No one knows who this person is and to be following them so, well literally, religiously is foolish. For all they know this could be someone just jerking people's chain for fun.

Not to mention some of the things espoused doesn't seem biblical, like the oath taken for instance.

And this will only slander the name of Christ and His Way so much more.

In turn, QAnon conspiracy theories serve as a lens to interpret the Bible itself....

And that's how a cult gets started. One must read the Word as a lens to the world and all that's advocated in it. All that one encounters must be filtered through the Word and the Bible interpret's itself. This is sounding like crazy Gnosticism.

Your word is a lamp to guide my feet
and a light for my path.

Psalm 119:105

We ourselves heard that voice from heaven when we were with him on the holy mountain.

Because of that experience, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place—until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines in your hearts. Above all, you must realize that no prophecy in Scripture ever came from the prophet’s own understanding, or from human initiative. No, those prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God.

2 Peter 1:18-21

Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world. This is how we know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God. But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here.
1 John 4:1-3

Last edited:

athenasius

People seem to want to know the scoop of what's going on in our world, but the Bible is what will give the solid truth on this.
same ol' same ol'

Here eat this fruit-- it'll make you wise! You can know stuff like GOD knows stuff.

Here eat this news-- it'll make you smart! You can know stuff, stuff to keep you safe, never mind praying to God for safety. God helps those that help themselves right????

Satan's tactics remain very similar.

MapleLeaf

I always thought the Q stuff was just bunk but when I really looked into it I was creeped out. I have had a niggle in the back of my mind for years now that the populast backlash could be the true Beast System rather than the New World Order. Q sort of strengthens that fear. It promises salvation and freedom but it is so shadowy and elusive you can never tell what you are really dealing with. Or, it still could be that Q is fake and powerless. People used to make a big deal out of Anonymous. Just garbage to entertain the masses.

dreamermind

I follow a lot of the Q movement and being very discerning about it, I have to disagree with lumping everyone who follows into your judgment. There are a lot of true bible believers, such as myself who are interested for the mere sake of information. They are very concerned with child trafficking and have brought a great deal of that to the public space. Just like a few bad apples in Christianity or any other group, you can’t judge the whole by a few.

soundingthealarm

Fleethewrath2come
Q resonates with “kingdom now” “dominionist” types.

those who think Christians are to reform earth instead of preaching THE Gospel.

our mission is NOT to save Titanic, it’s to get everyone to know Titanic hit iceberg and point all who listen to THE Only Life Boat given man, Jesus Christ the Son of God.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I follow a lot of the Q movement and being very discerning about it, I have to disagree with lumping everyone who follows into your judgment. There are a lot of true bible believers, such as myself who are interested for the mere sake of information. They are very concerned with child trafficking and have brought a great deal of that to the public space. Just like a few bad apples in Christianity or any other group, you can’t judge the whole by a few.

I'm glad that you are being discerning dreamermind. :) And, certainly not everyone can be lumped into one lump on this, the author of the O.P. is observing and being discerning. It's very good to have anyone concerned about child trafficking and other issues for sure! :nod I'm going to lay out some of my concerns dreamermind which are not directed at you but rather just a general laying out my own concerns about this subject as described in the OP for anyone reading. :)

Here's my concern. I've seen people, groups of people give their allegiance and complete loyalty to personalities and leaders, supposedly following the bible but not letting the bible actually give proper guidance and compass. Rather they let a human being dictate to them what to believe and how to act often to a detriment. It's the bane of human nature to do so and as the bible says we are like sheep so easily led astray and boy is that so true.

From the OP:
Leveraging authority

What is clear is that Wagner and Bushey are leveraging religious beliefs and their “authority” as a pastor and ex-military officer to indoctrinate attendees into the QAnon church. Their objective is to train congregants to form their own home congregations in the future and grow the movement.

OKM’s ministry is rooted in Taylor’s prophecies. Wagner regularly mentions that if it wasn’t for Taylor, he would have never started this ministry.

On its website, OKM references the Seven Mountains of Societal Influence. Seven Mountains utilizes
the language of Dominionism.....

The caution here is that a person a Christian or one who claims Christ not be manipulated. Is there a group of people, Washington insiders trying to take Trump down and foist their own agenda on America? Well, based on the Durham investigation of the FISA court sham, where the FISA court was lied to 17 times along with other disturbing information about some of the bad actors that have come to light, yes, there does seem to be some serious issues which the American people rightly are disturbed about. There's enough evidence from the courts and hearings and investigations alone to stand on as reason to be concerned. I think that by invoking Qanon rather than what's come out in legal investigations undercuts legitimacy of concern. eta: Not to mention potentially undercutting legitimacy of Christ, His Church and His Way as the Bible instructs (but God can work despite this).

One must be very careful not to allow their emotions, their deep concerns about what they are seeing to be manipulated by other, unknown, unproven, unaccountable and in the dark entities as well. One needs to be very wise and biblically discerning in this.

Could qanon be the real deal? I don't know. But I do know that there are many upon many people who are shysters and will leverage anything to get a following to the detriment of people and their lives. It's good that the American people are seeing that something is wrong and want to do something about it. But in that zeal one must be guided first and foremost by God's Word and His Spirit. As I'm looking at this in the 'fruit' I'm seeing from the OP, people are being organized or funneled towards false teaching by 'leaders' following Qanon. This may not be Q's intentions (whoever they are) but the groups being organized as reported by the OP is giving me major red flags biblically speaking. The fact that Q is this unknown, unaccountable person gives me pause and red flags as well.

So, I really exercise caution, especially with an unknown person of whom no one knows who they are and really what their motivation is.

From the OP:
‘Deep state church’
They further insist that as Trump continues to “drain the swamp” in Washington, it’s “our” responsibility to drain the deep state church swamp. They believe the same deep state that controls the world has also infiltrated traditional churches. As Wagner stated in his April 12 service: “I am here to focus on the deep state church. This goes beyond our church and involves our culture and our politics. Kevin is here to talk about QAnon and the military operation to save the world.

In addition, we are not called to form or grow Q movements in a church like fashion. The military is not going to save the world, Christ is and already has provided the means for this by His Work on the cross and through faith in Him. We are called to preach the Gospel and set up churches as God's Word shows us until Christ comes to take the church out of the world before the Tribulation. We have to be about God's work not man's work.

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be provided for you. Therefore don’t worry about tomorrow, because tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:33-34

Then He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:15-16

As far as dealing with 'deep state church' well the answer is so very simple. Preach the Word of God without compromise.

“So guard yourselves and God’s people. Feed and shepherd God’s flock—his church, purchased with his own blood—over which the Holy Spirit has appointed you as leaders. I know that false teachers, like vicious wolves, will come in among you after I leave, not sparing the flock. Even some men from your own group will rise up and distort the truth in order to draw a following. Watch out! Remember the three years I was with you—my constant watch and care over you night and day, and my many tears for you. Acts 20:28-31

That’s why I have sent Timothy, my beloved and faithful child in the Lord. He will remind you of how I follow Christ Jesus, just as I teach in all the churches wherever I go. 1Cor 4:17

Until I get there, focus on reading the Scriptures to the church, encouraging the believers, and teaching them. 1Tim 4:13

If you explain these things to the brothers and sisters, Timothy, you will be a worthy servant of Christ Jesus, one who is nourished by the message of faith and the good teaching you have followed. Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives’ tales. Instead, train yourself to be godly.
1Timothy 4:6-7

We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments. We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ. And after you have become fully obedient, we will punish everyone who remains disobedient. 2Cor 10:4-6

So we tell others about Christ, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all the wisdom God has given us. We want to present them to God, perfect in their relationship to Christ. That’s why I work and struggle so hard, depending on Christ’s mighty power that works within me. Col 1:28-29

Last edited:

Amethyst

Angie ... †
I agree about Q related stuff! :ohno

Just like cults can teach a lot of truth, they have just enough fake to leaven the whole deadly lump! My advice to anyone would be to stay away from that stuff altogether!

You never know on a given day whether you're getting the full truth, truth mixed with deception, or complete fabrication. :doh

Amethyst

Angie ... †
Here eat this fruit-- it'll make you wise! You can know stuff like GOD knows stuff.
SO true!

Trust the plan! Trust the plan! Trust the plan! :doh

No. Trust Jesus. He may or may not allow something to happen. He may allow Trump to succeed with something but then again He may not.
You say that to some Q-people they will nastily accuse you of trying to "derail the Trump Train!" :nope

depserv

A good liar mixes as much truth as he can in with his lies, and a really good liar can deceive you without saying anything you can put a finger on and say this is a factually untrue statement. This is why being well-grounded in truth is so important.

I had heard of the Q movement but knew very little about it. I had assumed that there must be good in it to be so deeply hated by liberals. But I guess what might appear to be the enemy of evil is not necessarily the friend of good, because the enemy of evil might only be pretending, and is simply making a stealth attack against good from a different angle.

I'm glad to have learned these things about Q here.

athenasius

I am so confused about Q anon. Is it a person? Wasn't there a twitter account at one time? Now if I am understanding correctly, it has turned into a religious movement? How long has Q anon existed? Weird stuff.
It started out on 4Chan in one of those murky chat groups. Someone who called him or herself Q who said they were a Washington insider was giving some inside information -- whether that was more of the same-- all hype and promises of the right wing dream or whether it was good solid info I don't know because Q quickly evolved to have a bunch of people who said they were hearing from the real Q. Conflicting information, most of the statements were things like Hilary's going down soon-- Q was aware of indictments that had been prepared.

No matter what fate Q predicted for Hilary or John Podesta -- the indictments never came true. Meanwhile Q also gave clues to some pretty awful stuff which is really really hard to verify. Some is likely true for the very reason given above-- some truth is necessary in the most plausible lies.

As time has gone on, I noticed whenever a Q prediction was happening-- it would always fizzle out. And the Q movement attached to some of the more NAR type christian groups--ones that expect to go thru a minor version of the Tribulation and survive coming out on top of the chaos. Eventually bringing the government of the USA and presumably the rest of us (but Q is hyperfocused on America) under the righteous control of the Q christians. The Q group uses the Bible when it suits them, but leaves things out when it doesn't.

What I've noticed all along was how enticing to the right wing the Q announcements were. Almost like they were built to entice the right. And how the Q promised stuff would happen that never does. So I began looking at it as a Trojan Horse within Christianity, much like the social gospel has infected the left leaning side of Christianity. And my conclusion was that Satan was behind it. He doesn't care which side people are on, as long as he can pull their focus OFF Christ and the Bible and onto doing stuff--even good stuff can be a distraction when you lose focus on God.

In fact that is the kicker for me. Good stuff that isn't what God wants us to do-- is a distraction. The fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil still looks good to the eye, pleasant and full of promise. And it is deadly.

The best temptation Satan has ever put in front of a Christian is the distractions of good deeds done to excess-- too many meetings at church at the expense of the family for example. Most Christians aren't tempted to become gangsters. They are tempted to over do church meetings, phone calls to "help" others and neglect their own family.

And that is what I see Q doing on the Right Wing.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
I have a couple of friends on Facebook who are absolutely OBSESSED with Q. They are saved, but they are deceived in this area. They are so fanatical about Q, that you can’t reason with them. I’ve seen it destroy a friendship between one zealous Q follower and a friend of hers who does not believe that Q is legit. The Q follower cut herself off from her former close friend, simply because of a difference of opinion about Q. That right there is very concerning and very telling, in my opinion...

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
Another thing which made me very uneasy about Q is how many famous people have been essentially accused by Q of being pedophiles. Yes, it’s possibly true. But if it isn’t...how terrible to slander a person and ruin their reputation with such a horrific accusation...

soundingthealarm

Fleethewrath2come
It started out on 4Chan in one of those murky chat groups. Someone who called him or herself Q who said they were a Washington insider was giving some inside information -- whether that was more of the same-- all hype and promises of the right wing dream or whether it was good solid info I don't know because Q quickly evolved to have a bunch of people who said they were hearing from the real Q. Conflicting information, most of the statements were things like Hilary's going down soon-- Q was aware of indictments that had been prepared.

No matter what fate Q predicted for Hilary or John Podesta -- the indictments never came true. Meanwhile Q also gave clues to some pretty awful stuff which is really really hard to verify. Some is likely true for the very reason given above-- some truth is necessary in the most plausible lies.

As time has gone on, I noticed whenever a Q prediction was happening-- it would always fizzle out. And the Q movement attached to some of the more NAR type christian groups--ones that expect to go thru a minor version of the Tribulation and survive coming out on top of the chaos. Eventually bringing the government of the USA and presumably the rest of us (but Q is hyperfocused on America) under the righteous control of the Q christians. The Q group uses the Bible when it suits them, but leaves things out when it doesn't.

What I've noticed all along was how enticing to the right wing the Q announcements were. Almost like they were built to entice the right. And how the Q promised stuff would happen that never does. So I began looking at it as a Trojan Horse within Christianity, much like the social gospel has infected the left leaning side of Christianity. And my conclusion was that Satan was behind it. He doesn't care which side people are on, as long as he can pull their focus OFF Christ and the Bible and onto doing stuff--even good stuff can be a distraction when you lose focus on God.

In fact that is the kicker for me. Good stuff that isn't what God wants us to do-- is a distraction. The fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil still looks good to the eye, pleasant and full of promise. And it is deadly.

The best temptation Satan has ever put in front of a Christian is the distractions of good deeds done to excess-- too many meetings at church at the expense of the family for example. Most Christians aren't tempted to become gangsters. They are tempted to over do church meetings, phone calls to "help" others and neglect their own family.

And that is what I see Q doing on the Right Wing.

excellent post

years ago, I was invited to speak at a Assembly of God “mega conference“ in Nebraska.

unbeknownst to me, the conference had been sucked into the Toronto Blessing-Brownsville Revival stuff that included a teaching called the “10/40 wIndow” where “special intercession” had been declared to have found and cornered Satan.

anyway upon my arrival to Nebraska I was quickly whisked into a prayer meeting and asked if I would help determine the “territorial stronghold/demon” and help expose local officials involved

I was in shock and didn’t say anything but just went and prayed and like 30 seconds later stood up and said “hogwash, I’m not suppose to study darkness, but rather expose it by Preaching Jesus (the light)

Q is a huge distraction from our commission

“Vengeance is mine says the Lord”

I have Little hope that justice will prevail UNTIL it lands in God’s courtroom anyway.

I don’t know I was ever called to preach except for maybe that conference cause I did preach there! I was invited to NEVER come back lol

Q is Twilight Zone meets New Age meets National Enquirer.

Anastacia

...Q also gave clues to some pretty awful stuff which is really really hard to verify.

...whenever a Q prediction was happening-- it would always fizzle out.

Something about this just doesn't make sense to me... probably because I don't want to look too close. But in our couple's Bible study, one person gets 100% of their info from Q, and believes Q is Trump, and sees the near future hhappening according to "Q drops" and predictions. Unfortunately, there is no balance with the Bible and prophecy, but I don't know if there are or are not any similarities. Prophecy goes out the window because there is so much faith in Q. But I have been hearing that Q is often making predictions, though I dont know specifics. Is Q possibly taking the place of Q-following-Christians' attention to prophecy?

And...
Margery, I'm not sure if the "clues to pretty awful stuff" is related to the pedofile and ritualistic abuse. ??
I have been so troubled by what our Q-following friend has told us... I've literally been sick-- heartsick, physically sick, in such grief, and depressed, from learning the most unfathomable things that have kept me from sleeping well for 3 straight weeks now. I hope with my whole heart that you are implying this "awful stuff" is not true. Or, is it related to something else?

In any case, how would one explain to a Q follower that there is a difference between being a conservative and being into Q? There seems to be such a blurred line.