Debbie Dingell's Class in Economics

Wings Like Eagles

Democrat Representative, Debbie Dingell (D-MI--who took over her husband's seat, after his death) argues that passing the $4.5 trillion "build back better" bill will "bring down inflation". Can't post the video clip from Fox Business but, if you go to the Gateway Pundit website, it has a link to the statement by Dingell. I could feel myself getting dumber by the second, as I was watching it. Get the same feeling when I watch many government types here. Stupid and corrupt politicians, supported by followers who are stupid, crazy and often evil? What could go wrong?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
We're at a level not seen since the 70's right now, when the interest rates were in the double digits to try to manage it. If that bill had become law I believe we'd see inflation much higher than the US has ever seen, and by a lot. The value of savings would be cut hugely, and the percentage of our poor would probably double. Folks on fixed income would likely fall into a hole they'd never be able to get out of, financially speaking...

Wings Like Eagles

The games played with our money. Woodrow Wilson said it right when he discovered what the fed was going to do with money.. I have destroyed my country.
Many historians believe that Wilson was blackmailed into signing the Federal Reserve Act (1913). The bankers knew that they would also need the Internal Revenue Act which was signed the same year, in order to complete the mechanism for robbing the American people. Wilson apparently had a mistress after the death of his first wife (before he married his second wife, Edith). In those days, any hint of sexual scandal was enough to hound someone from office. Wilson was not a stupid man but he chose his own ambition over what was good for the country.

Wilson was well-aware of the resistance that previous Presidents had maintained against private (European-style) central banking. The distrust of the European private central banks was baked into the U.S. Constitution from the beginning. The Constitution states that only the U.S. treasury, under the authority of Congress, will be able to issue the currency. As it was, Wilson had a series of debilitating small strokes during his second term in office. It was said that his wife Edith ran the Executive Branch, during the remainder of Wilson's term. Even though Edith disliked and distrusted "Colonel" House, Wilson's chief political and diplomacy advisor, she apparently did accept House's help. House was and is a somewhat controversial character. It is said that House pushed Wilson into signing both the Federal Reserve Act and the Internal Revenue Act in 1913.

Andrew Jackson was wounded and nearly killed over his resistance to private central banking. His eventual dying words were, "I fought the banks."

Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth, an agent of the Bank of England, for his "greenback dollar" ploy. Lincoln knew that the Constitution did not provide for the borrowing of money at interest from private bankers and decided to float a new currency from the U. S. Treasury--which the Constitution stipulated should be the only issuer of U.S. currency. European private central bankers had previously quoted usurious rates (25% to 35%) to Lincoln, as he sought to borrow money to fight the Civil War. When Lincoln issued the "greenback" the central bankers were OUTRAGED, actually stating that if Lincoln was successful, what if every other government decided to follow his example! Day after day, there were editorials in the Times of London (you can read them online) which demanded that the British Parliament take action on the side of the Confederacy. Parliament finally agreed to send an expeditionary marine force (along with a French force) to try to break the Union blockade of the Confederacy. Lincoln knew that the entire country was at risk, if the Confederacy was able to prevail--that European money merchants were only too eager to re-establish colonies in the VERY productive American continent.

Lincoln appealed to his friend, Czar Alexander II of Russia. Alexander obligingly sent word to the leaders of England and France, that any action against the Union of the United States would be considered an act of war against Russia and backed it up by sending a small armada of Russian ships to the east and west coasts of America. The British and French forces scurried on back to Europe. As a side note, Alexander II was known as "the Liberator" for freeing the Russian serfs from the land in 1861, and he urged Lincoln to free the slaves in the U.S., which Lincoln subsequently did. Alexander II survived an attempted assassination in 1866 and was subsequently assassinated in 1881.

I think I just hijacked my own thread--lol But history is very important in the sorting out of present-day politics.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
Many historians believe that Wilson was blackmailed into signing the Federal Reserve Act (1913). The bankers knew that they would also need the Internal Revenue Act which was signed the same year, in order to complete the mechanism for robbing the American people. Wilson apparently had a mistress after the death of his first wife (before he married his second wife, Edith). In those days, any hint of sexual scandal was enough to hound someone from office. Wilson was not a stupid man but he chose his own ambition over what was good for the country.

Wilson was well-aware of the resistance that previous Presidents had maintained against private (European-style) central banking. The distrust of the European private central banks was baked into the U.S. Constitution from the beginning. The Constitution states that only the U.S. treasury, under the authority of Congress, will be able to issue the currency. As it was, Wilson had a series of debilitating small strokes during his second term in office. It was said that his wife Edith ran the Executive Branch, during the remainder of Wilson's term. Even though Edith disliked and distrusted "Colonel" House, Wilson's chief political and diplomacy advisor, she apparently did accept House's help. House was and is a somewhat controversial character. It is said that House pushed Wilson into signing both the Federal Reserve Act and the Internal Revenue Act in 1913.

Andrew Jackson was wounded and nearly killed over his resistance to private central banking. His eventual dying words were, "I fought the banks."

Abraham Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth, an agent of the Bank of England, for his "greenback dollar" ploy. Lincoln knew that the Constitution did not provide for the borrowing of money at interest from private bankers and decided to float a new currency from the U. S. Treasury--which the Constitution stipulated should be the only issuer of U.S. currency. European private central bankers had previously quoted usurious rates (25% to 35%) to Lincoln, as he sought to borrow money to fight the Civil War. When Lincoln issued the "greenback" the central bankers were OUTRAGED, actually stating that if Lincoln was successful, what if every other government decided to follow his example! Day after day, there were editorials in the Times of London (you can read them online) which demanded that the British Parliament take action on the side of the Confederacy. Parliament finally agreed to send an expeditionary marine force (along with a French force) to try to break the Union blockade of the Confederacy. Lincoln knew that the entire country was at risk, if the Confederacy was able to prevail--that European money merchants were only too eager to re-establish colonies in the VERY productive American continent.

Lincoln appealed to his friend, Czar Alexander II of Russia. Alexander obligingly sent word to the leaders of England and France, that any action against the Union of the United States would be considered an act of war against Russia and backed it up by sending a small armada of Russian ships to the east and west coasts of America. The British and French forces scurried on back to Europe. As a side note, Alexander II was known as "the Liberator" for freeing the Russian serfs from the land in 1861, and he urged Lincoln to free the slaves in the U.S., which Lincoln subsequently did. Alexander II survived an attempted assassination in 1866 and was subsequently assassinated in 1881.

I think I just hijacked my own thread--lol But history is very important in the sorting out of present-day politics.
Your history is so on point - I love your posts, it makes me feel like I am back in history class (one of my favorite subjects), back when teachers told a closer version of the truth. But does anything really change in the world?

Ecclesiastes says what has happened will happen again, the ones that learned will forget, the past will be forgotten, it's like chasing the wind, with much wisdom and study comes much sorrow.

I used to get upset about man's lack of knowledge when it came to ages past. Complete ignorance to what is going on in the world and why. But then I realized it was just my pride and me being uncomfortable with the story not turning out how I want it to.

At the end of the day God controls the hearts and minds of men. Directing HIS story to complete fulfillment of His word.

[Pro 21:1 NLT] 1 The king's heart is like a stream of water directed by the LORD; he guides it wherever he pleases.

Last edited:

Wings Like Eagles

Wings Like Eagles good post. I had dug most of that up with Obama's first election run. But couldn't find back up material so didn't post. You won't find any of that in modern history books will you?
No-the reason why history is such a dull subject for most people today, is that it has been "laundered" of anything but the "acceptable narrative". Not only did Rockefeller money take over modern medicine but modern education as well. In any history book currently published, one will never find a hint of just how disastrous the Federal Reserve Act was for the U.S.

DanLMP

Debbie Dingell is not speaking her own mind.

Just like OBiden does, she is parroting talking points handed to her by the OBiden handlers. But she is a willing accomplice.

The goal with this rhetoric is to establish a talking point for the upcoming midterms. They are going to try to portray the Republicans as having destroyed democracy by withholding needed funds and social systems from Americans.

You can already see this in the election rhetoric they are currently using. They are directly saying that the Republicans and the MAGA's are preparing to steal the midterm elections by hijacking the vote. They are claiming this is a direct threat to democracy. They are using the same rhetoric to try and get their Voting Right Bill passed.

For information: From the Constitution, Section 4

"Section 4 - Elections, Meetings
The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives,
shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any
time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of Chusing Senators.

The Congress shall assemble at least once in every Year, and such Meeting shall (be on
the first Monday in December,) (The preceding words in parentheses were superseded
by the 20th Amendment, section 2.) unless they shall by Law appoint a different Day."

The twist in there is that "...but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Place of Chusing Senators." If the Voting Rights Act gets approved I expect a large portion of States to sue to prevent it's implementation. It should probably eventually get handled by SCOTUS at which point it will be a battle between States Rights and Federal rights. I'm not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV, so I don't know all the ins-and-outs of how a Constitutional Case of that type would pan out.

DWB

I remember being in college and taking economics 101 wondering why this hadn't been taught in middle or high school. The basics are just plain common sense once presented and should be taught early. For Americans not to understand basic economics and capitalism is foolish. It's all supply and demand with a few exceptions. The free enterprise system works extremely well (without unions and govt. interference). Take away unions and the govt. and our supply chain problems would be solved quickly. Profit is a huge motivator.

twerpv

I remember being in college and taking economics 101 wondering why this hadn't been taught in middle or high school. The basics are just plain common sense once presented and should be taught early. For Americans not to understand basic economics and capitalism is foolish. It's all supply and demand with a few exceptions. The free enterprise system works extremely well (without unions and govt. interference). Take away unions and the govt. and our supply chain problems would be solved quickly. Profit is a huge motivator.
Because those in power do not want an educated public. And the public is all to willing to oblige.