Daylight Savings Time Is Racist

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
“It’s not that white adults don’t also experience a lack of sleep…”
By Daniel Greenfield

We’ve tried and failed in every other possible way to get rid of daylight savings time.

Finally, CNN has come up with a tried-and-true method…call it racist.

The piece, published on Friday by CNN Health reporter Jacqueline Howard, argued that Daylight Savings Time often disrupts sleep, throws off people’s circadian rhythms and can contribute to general health problems. And since people of color have a higher number of health problems, this means observing Daylight Savings Time is more dangerous for them.

Everything disproportionately affects black people. That’s become a standard method for accusing everything from highways to the weather of being racist.

But it also has legal implications. A finding that daylight savings time disproportionately affects black people means that it’s racist and companies and organizations maintaining it either have to get rid of it or provide a separate time frame for black people.

Howard also cited National Institute of Environmental Health Science researcher Chandra Jackson, who stated, “Poor sleep is associated with a host of poor health outcomes, including obesity, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease and certain cancers, including of the breast and colon.”

Jackson added the key point, stating, “Many of these health outcomes are more prevalent in the black population.“

Howard noted, “it’s not that white adults don’t also experience a lack of sleep and its health consequences – but people of color appear to disproportionately experience them more, and that’s believed to be largely due to social systems in the United States.”

I can’t wait for the revisionist history claiming that daylight savings time was created to promote racial segregation. Or the Daylight Savings Time Project which claims that it was invented by white supremacists to catch escaping slaves.

The movie starring Will Smith and Chris Rock will be awesome.

https://www.raptureforums.com/politics-culture-wars/daylight-savings-time-is-racist/

katt

I can’t wait for the revisionist history claiming that daylight savings time was created to promote racial segregation. Or the Daylight Savings Time Project which claims that it was invented by white supremacists to catch escaping slaves.

The movie starring Will Smith and Chris Rock will be awesome.

https://www.raptureforums.com/politics-culture-wars/daylight-savings-time-is-racist/
Was this a tounge in cheek joke or is it true? If true whoever believes this doesn't know their history, daylight savings time is a WW1 thing, not a 19 century edict.

Aiyanna

Was this a tounge in cheek joke or is it true? If true whoever believes this doesn't know their history, daylight savings time is a WW1 thing, not a 19 century edict.
Benjamin Franklin originally came up with the idea because, at the time, they didn't have electricity, so everything was based off of daylight. It had more to do with the mills, street lights, and whatnot at that time. More productivity during daylight hours, etc. He talks about it in his essay "An Economical Project." I confess, while I did read His autobiography (very interesting), I did not read the essay. I just know it's mentioned. I do vaguely remember him touching briefly on it in his biography, though.
It just wasn't implemented, or officially put into practice till around the time of WW1.

Edit: I apologize for the lack of specific details. It's been a good while since I've read Franklin's biography. I just remember him talking about putting the idea of daylight savings into practice.

Last edited:

NewWine2020

I agree, why do we do this stupid clock change? Our friends in Arizona don't bother with this idiocy. Nobody wants or likes it.

I'm an Arizonian but when I worked traditional, corporate jobs I ALWAYS had the misfortune of having our Mgt be on the East Coast, hence, we too had to adjust and accommodate our lives to it each time it changed.

I'm w/ TT on this one, I will be wiling to "make believe" it's "racist" if it will lead to it finally being scrapped.

I'm pretty sure "Clopening," the practice in the retail world of having some poor employee close down the business and then open it back up the next day is very, very racist as well. :)

Unless you're the business owner, (in which case you agree that said business is basically equivalent to a spouse) nobody should have to do this.

Back