Dan. 9 teaches rapture, dispensationalism

Jan51

I have studied through Daniel several times, but this last time I saw something in the 70 weeks of Dan. 9:24-27 that I had previously missed. In this important timeline of endtimes events, we learn how people will recognize the day the tribulation begins, that it is seven years in length, and what happens at the midpoint. It also presents two important doctrines that are not spelled out but are clearly taught here: the fact of dispensations, and because of that, the fact that the rapture must take place before the tribulation.

The church cannot be here during any part of the final seven years; the seventy weeks of years are God's plan for Israel. The church age takes place in the gap of time, of unknown duration, between the sixty-ninth and seventieth week of years. The seventy weeks of years must all take place for God's plan for Israel to be completed, which will result in the second coming of the Messiah to put into place His prophesied earthly kingdom. The church age does not overlap with Israel's seventy weeks of years; the various dispensations in the Bible do not overlap. The church MUST be removed before the final seven years. So we see that Daniel clearly teaches both dispensationalism and the pre-tribulation rapture of the church!

cavalier973

There was a fellow I followed on Twitter--a relatively new believer, if I remember rightly--who was very evangelical in his posting, but staunchly against the Pre-Trib Rapture. I mentioned Daniel 9:24, and how the 70 weeks--including the final week, that we know as the Tribulation--was for "Daniel's people", the Jews.

He said I was taking the passage out of context.

I let it go. I've nothing to prove; he will learn, to his great surprise and overwhelming joy, that I am right.

gregb4hope

I have studied through Daniel several times, but this last time I saw something in the 70 weeks of Dan. 9:24-27 that I had previously missed. In this important timeline of endtimes events, we learn how people will recognize the day the tribulation begins, that it is seven years in length, and what happens at the midpoint. It also presents two important doctrines that are not spelled out but are clearly taught here: the fact of dispensations, and because of that, the fact that the rapture must take place before the tribulation.

The church cannot be here during any part of the final seven years; the seventy weeks of years are God's plan for Israel. The church age takes place in the gap of time, of unknown duration, between the sixty-ninth and seventieth week of years. The seventy weeks of years must all take place for God's plan for Israel to be completed, which will result in the second coming of the Messiah to put into place His prophesied earthly kingdom. The church age does not overlap with Israel's seventy weeks of years; the various dispensations in the Bible do not overlap. The church MUST be removed before the final seven years. So we see that Daniel clearly teaches both dispensationalism and the pre-tribulation rapture of the church!
Also The Holy Spirit Seals 144,000 Jewish men from the 12 Tribes of Israel called as servants. The tribulation saints are martyred for their unwillingness to serve the AntiCrist and die in the name of Jesus. These saints are not the Church but represent world wide conversion of people who denied the diety of Christ by faith but change their allegiance from hindu, buddhism, islam, witchcraft, atheism and all other ism to Christ as they see and hear the purity and supernatural power of the gospel news and including the rapture that also awaken many church folks found sleeping in the USA ( such as the parable of Ten Virgins and in 2Tess 5 after the rapture event. Thats a lot of folks and God cares about everyone of them. Christ also gives explicit warnings and the need for repentance to the Seven Churches in Rev 2 and 3 removing the Philadelphia Church 'from the test"due to their faithful following of and having not forgotten Him and the Promises. They also sustain and maintain the "keys of David" Not sure of the meaning but I do have some thougts on this reference.

God's grace continues as He closes the age of opportunity by faith and building of The Church in bringing in Dan CH 9:24 which is an often forgotten part of the 70th Week of Daniel. In this verse Dan 9:24 a fascinating reality takes hold of the Earth. An end of sins, make reconciliation for iniquity, everlasting righteouness, seal up the vision and prophecy an anoint the most Holy, this is Jesus but he had not come yet at the time of Daniel writings. This is God,s objective as He moves forward with his creation and His work perfected in and by Christ. This is NOT about salvation but it is about the earnest expectation and the blessed hope of faith in Christ who should be our First Love always.. What a mighty God we serve! Dispensation of end times does seem to indicate a spiritual contradiction that at some point will exist between Israel and what is left of Chritianity after the rapture.

Last edited:

Lastcall

I agree we can clearly understand through other scriptures the rapture has to happen before the tribulation, and Daniel spells out how long the tribulation is. However, Daniel did not write about the actual rapture, its just now we have the benefit of reading the mystery revealed by Paul, and can see how it would fall in place in the sequence of events in Daniel 9.

Jan51

I agree we can clearly understand through other scriptures the rapture has to happen before the tribulation, and Daniel spells out how long the tribulation is. However, Daniel did not write about the actual rapture, its just now we have the benefit of reading the mystery revealed by Paul, and can see how it would fall in place in the sequence of events in Daniel 9.
Yes, Daniel did not write about the rapture, knowing nothing about it or the church, but because the real author is the Holy Spirit, we, from our perspective in time, can clearly see both in Daniel.

Kenny64

Yes, Daniel did not write about the rapture, knowing nothing about it or the church, but because the real author is the Holy Spirit, we, from our perspective in time, can clearly see both in Daniel.
Daniel must have had a vision or dream about the 70 years his people where in desolation by the Babylonians.
I have been watching about "2520 End Times Prophecy". Daniel 9:25 "from the going forth of the commandment (also, decree, or word) to restore and to build Jerusalem," dated I think the month of Nisan 445 BC. This is what I understand starts the dispensation 70 weeks of years. JMHO.

castcrowns

The problem seems to be with mainstrean churches that do not want to teach that God is not finished with Israel.

Those churches either think that ALL of Revelation is about the Church, or prefer to ignore the endtime prophecies altogether because they believe that the Church deserves all of the blessings promised only to Israel.
And they also don't teach the OT prophecies. Those prophecies are vital to understanding the end times.

It is interesting that the Lord told Daniel to seal up the words of the prophecies until the end times.
But He told John not to seal the Book of Revelation because the time is at hand.

The Church really needs to get its act together and warn unbelievers now, before it is too late. And the hour is late.

Without Israel in the biblical equation, God's Word makes little or no sense. But my God is not a silly God.

gregb4hope

The problem seems to be with mainstrean churches that do not want to teach that God is not finished with Israel.

Those churches either think that ALL of Revelation is about the Church, or prefer to ignore the endtime prophecies altogether because they believe that the Church deserves all of the blessings promised only to Israel.
And they also don't teach the OT prophecies. Those prophecies are vital to understanding the end times.

It is interesting that the Lord told Daniel to seal up the words of the prophecies until the end times.
But He told John not to seal the Book of Revelation because the time is at hand.

The Church really needs to get its act together and warn unbelievers now, before it is too late. And the hour is late.

Without Israel in the biblical equation, God's Word makes little or no sense. But my God is not a silly God.
I agree with the sad disregard by the church pastors in the community to fail to shepherd the flock in the prophetic word. Another often overlooked prophetic view and reality that really goes at the heart of what is going on in our generation is Romans Ch 11. The Holy Spirit spoke to me concerning the foreknowledge of God and forewarning given. Early theologians often called this the Olive Tree Parable. But it never calls itself a parable instead in verse 27, it is called a covenant "For this is my covenant unto them (Israel) when I shall take away their sins." God calls it a covenant , this is a serious verse with serious ramifications that needs to be told to the flock. The apostle Paul is blessed to see the error of our ways and so are we. We are forewarned to be not envious, jealous or boastful in our religiosity concerning regrafting Israel back in the plant( God is already well aware that many will be hard of heart).

Last edited:

castcrowns

However, they dont call out to Him until the church is most likely gone, raptured.
Absolutely.

It will take the AC army marching on Bozrah before Remnant Israel realizes that Jesus Christ is their only hope for survival.

Not trying to be humourous, but I often wonder if some sci fi movies borrow many biblical truths for their scenes.
Such as:

"Help me Obiwan Kenobi...you're our only hope."