Curious, what is your favorite off-the-shelf coffee?

RonJohnSilver

For a long time, I went only with Folgers 'Simply Smooth' coffee, the medium blend. No acid and tasted good. Then Folgers decided to make it only in a 'mild' blend. They say it tastes the same but it doesn't, it's weaker. So now I go to the HEB store and get their brand called Pure Smooth. So far, it only comes in smaller containers so I stock up when I'm there.

antitox

For a long time, I went only with Folgers 'Simply Smooth' coffee, the medium blend. No acid and tasted good. Then Folgers decided to make it only in a 'mild' blend. They say it tastes the same but it doesn't, it's weaker. So now I go to the HEB store and get their brand called Pure Smooth. So far, it only comes in smaller containers so I stock up when I'm there.
I used to drink Folger's medium roast, but I had trouble getting the right blend out of it. Fortunately I have finally found one.

Kem

Citizen
Folgers half calf is my usual first morning brew but later in the day, after the first pot is finished off, I like most anything that I have for the kerug coffee maker. I used the last cup of Publix Premium peppermint coffee and now i will have to wait till November for more as they only have it from Thanksgiving till Christmas. Next year if we are still on earth, I will get about 20 boxes of it to last me a while. lol

athenasius

Folgers regular octane in the giant red tubs at Costco.

when on the road McDonalds coffee- regular!

or Tim Hortons original NOT their evil dark roast which they launched to lure the Starbucks millennials back into Timmys.

Talk about going to the dark side! Even Starbucks regular brew which I will drink if the above 2 are not available— even that is better than Tim Hortons dark side.

Work4Peanuts

or Tim Hortons original NOT their evil dark roast which they launched to lure the Starbucks millennials back into Timmys.

Talk about going to the dark side! Even Starbucks regular brew which I will drink if the above 2 are not available— even that is better than Tim Hortons dark side.
I've heard my pastor refer to Starbucks as "Charbucks." Bad coffee. Timmy's must be really bad.

Off-the shelf coffee? I like the one I get at Sam's Club. It's their Member's Mark Columbian Supremo.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a (hot) tea drinker, but Andrea loves her coffee. Her favorite is McDonald's Decaf ... it is water decaffeinated. We buy the regular grind at Wal-Mart and she brews it every morning. When I do drink coffee, my favorite is McD's also. It's about all we drink on the road.

moosejive

I’ve been cutting back on the amount of caffeine I drink over the last year, but I do like Pike’s Place from Starbucks or if I must use instant, Tasters Choice. My son in law from Ireland has converted several of us in the family to drinking a good Irish tea called Barry’s Blend Gold.:) :tea I think many world problems could worked out over cups of good coffee and tea, many a good discussion has come when sharing a cuppa .:)

Cloud Watcher

Rarely does "new and improved" make anything better. Too many products that I loved in the past were ruined when the company made changes. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

antitox

Yes, I've drank M<cDonald's coffee which I like. Dunkin's also, and Whataburger. Starbucks is too strong for me.

Kem

Citizen
Oh tell me it is not so! Timmy's now is trying to compete with Starbucks? Timmy's was always WAY better than Starbucks. One of the very few things that I miss from up north.