Crying... In the spirit?

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
It's funny you say that cuz when I would cry in church, people would look sideways at me. And it got back to me that several folks thought I must be a major sinner and was crying from guilt. Major sinner, yes. Guilt, no. They saw no problems with themselves, only with me. When I tried to explain, I got puzzled looks and the cold shoulder from all but a few. Those few remained in my life but I left that cold building behind.
I usually do not attend Easter services because I am a fount of tears and feel like I would be a distraction. My church members do not show a lot of outward emotion. Me? I control myself because I want to jump and shout when I think of all that Jesus has done for me.

Nemophilist

It's funny you say that cuz when I would cry in church, people would look sideways at me. And it got back to me that several folks thought I must be a major sinner and was crying from guilt. Major sinner, yes. Guilt, no. They saw no problems with themselves, only with me. When I tried to explain, I got puzzled looks and the cold shoulder from all but a few. Those few remained in my life but I left that cold building behind.
That's awful! So glad you left that church!

Bethlehem57

Amen. He saved a wretch like me!
And me! This filthy human….He died for all the awful things I did before believing and everything that I will do before I meet Him in death or in Rapture, known and unknown in the Spirit! Amazing grace!

“How deep the Father’s love for us,
How vast beyond all measure,
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss –
The Father turns His face away,
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory!”