Crowns and Judgments Another Look

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Crowns and Judgments Another Look
By Dennis Huebshman

There have been several requests recently to review the Crowns and Judgments; and to provide Bible verses for these. Even though there are several “events” listed, we must understand that our final destiny will be in one of two places; Heaven or Hell. Our souls are eternal, and ceasing to exist is not an option. (any emphasis is mine)

Where we will spend our eternity is totally up to each one of us. Because our bodies are mortal, and if we are here long enough, or circumstances cause it, we will die. The body will cease to function, but our “soul” does not. Depending on choices we will have made, we will either be in the presence of our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ; or we will be in a state of torment, waiting for the Great White Throne to receive what degree of punishment we will suffer forever. Please note, this last judgment is not temporary, or has a time limit as some false prophets are saying. It’s Forever. More on this further on.

First, the Crowns. There are several places in the New Testament where there is mention of “crowns” or “rewards”. Five different crowns are spoken of, and they are given for different reasons. Only those who will be spending eternity in Heaven with Jesus are even considered for these.

The one crown that all believers should receive, is the Crown of Righteousness. This is in 2 Timothy 4:8, “Henceforth, there is laid up for me (Paul) the Crown of Righteousness, which the Lord, the Righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing.” Everyone that is a true believer, and is watching for, longing for, and praying for Jesus’ soon appearance, will receive this crown.

Next, is the Imperishable or Incorruptible Crown. In 1 Corinthians 9:24-25, Paul states, “Do you not know that in a race, all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. (25) Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath; but we an Imperishable Crown.” Being persistent in our daily walk with the Lord, and maintaining self-control is the key here. This does not mean we will be sin-free, but that we don’t engage in “habitual” sinful ways. All who have accepted Jesus as Savior, receive the gift of eternal Salvation, and when (not if) we do slip and sin, we follow 1 John 1:8-10 to receive the promised forgiveness.

Third is the Crown of Rejoicing, as given in 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20. “For what is our joy or Crown of Boasting (rejoicing) before our Lord Jesus at His coming? Is it not you? (20) For you are our glory and joy.” We rejoice for all souls who accept our Lord and Savior, and give praise and rejoicing to the Father for giving us His grace and mercy.

Next is the Crown of Glory. This is in 1 Peter 5:2-4, “Shepherd the flock of God that is among you, exercising oversight, not under compulsion, but willingly, as God would have you; not for shameful gain, but eagerly; (3) not domineering over those in your charge, but being examples to the flock. (4) And when the Chief Shepherd (Jesus) appears, you will receive the unfading Crown of Glory.” Anyone who claims to be a preacher/teacher, and claims to represent the Lord in leading others, really needs to go over these verses very carefully. Today, we see more and more false prophets who are twisting the word of the Lord for their own financial gain, or to keep membership coming by not giving the True Word that our Heavenly Father provided for us. Some are even carrying out an agenda for satan. Not only will there be no crown for them; but the Great White Throne will be their destiny. God does not change His mind, and what was an abomination since the creation of this earth, is still an abomination today.

Finally, the Crown of Life, or also known as the Martyr’s Crown. This has been in effect all along, but will especially be for those who call out to Jesus during the Tribulation/Wrath to come into their heart’s as their Savior. Revelation 2:10, “Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you in prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the Crown of Life.” We can say without a doubt, all who are being martyred around the world today because they have chosen to receive Jesus as their Savior will receive this crown.

Then, we have the judgments; three for righteousness, and one for condemnation. For all who have been In Christ from Calvary to the present time, and are taken up in the Rapture, we will stand before Jesus at the Judgment Seat of Christ. In 2 Corinthians 5:10, we read, “For we (all believers) must all appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he/she has done in the body; whether good or evil.” Some may say what we get is based on our “works”, but that isn’t so. We have all been given talents of varying degrees, and how we used our individual talent will determine our reward, or lack of. Some will have faithfully used their talent in serving the Lord, and some will have not. This judgment is not to determine if we will be with Jesus, as all that are at that judgment already have an eternal Heavenly Home. (Also see 1 Corinthians 3:13-15)

Next is the Judgment for the Tribulation Martyrs in Revelation 20:4. “Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom authority to judge was committed. Also, I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and for the word of God; and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image; and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.” Anyone who enters the Tribulation/Wrath 7-year period will have done so because they did not accept the Savior prior to this. They may still be able to be saved, but most likely at the cost of their lives. Those who are persecuted or martyred because of Jesus will be at this judgment. Again, only those who will have eternal life with Jesus will be at this event. All others who perished will have to wait for the final judgment.

Then, we have the End of The Millennium Judgment as given in Matthew 25:32-33. “Before Him will be gathered all the nations, and He will separate people from one another as a shepherd separates the sheep (saved) from the goats (lost). (33) And He will place the sheep on His right, but the goats on the left.” The ones on the right are heaven-bound, and the ones on the left will join that very long line at the final judgment for the lost.

Finally, the Great White Throne Judgment. The antichrist and false prophet will have already been judged, and will be the first occupants of the Lake of Fire that was made for satan and his demons. (Matthew 25:41) This is given in Revelation 19:20; and the fate of satan is given in Revelation 20:10 – he is the third to occupy the hell fires. After that, everyone from earth’s creation to Calvary that were not in the will of God; and all from Calvary through the millennial reign of Jesus that did not accept Him will be cast into the lake. At the judgment, they will receive their eternal punishment decrees. (Revelation 20:11-15) There are no suspended sentences; no time off for “good-behavior; or any reprieve of any kind. Each one entering eternal hell will know exactly why they are there.

Not everyone will die before their judgment. The time described in 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 and 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 is rapidly approaching. When the call comes, all believers will be taken up from this earth to fulfill God’s promise that all believers will not go through the Wrath. We will rise up to meet Jesus in the Air, and to be forever with Him. This will not be a long drawn out event, as it will be over in a “twinkling of an eye” as described by the Apostle Paul

Everyone else will enter the 7-year period of Tribulation, and it will be the worst time anyone can ever imagine.

Right now is a good time to call on the Lord to be your savior. (Acts 2:21 and Romans 10:9-13) Secure your reservation for the Rapture or Harpazo now. To wait could be the worst gamble you will ever make as this event could take place at any moment now. All the signs are in place, and this is the last prophecy that needs to be completed before the Wrath.

Jesus is waiting for your call, and He will turn no one away who sincerely seeks Him to be their Savior. He will not force anyone, and it is an individual choice to make. It will absolutely be the most important decision of your life; which will extend into all eternity.

Hope to see you at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

Shalom! Maranatha! (Peace, Come Lord Jesus)

[email protected]

https://www.raptureforums.com/dennis-huebshman/crowns-and-judgments-another-look/

ByGod'sGrace

We have all been given talents of varying degrees, and how we used our individual talent will determine our reward, or lack of. Some will have faithfully used their talent in serving the Lord, and some will have not. This judgment is not to determine if we will be with Jesus, as all that are at that judgment already have an eternal Heavenly Home. (Also see 1 Corinthians 3:13-15)
How can we know this? Can we be aware if we are squandering our talents on Earth and what God has for us here?

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
How can we know this? Can we be aware if we are squandering our talents on Earth and what God has for us here?
Is Christ the center of our life? Does everything revolve around Him? Do we love Him with all our heart, mind, and strength? Or am I more interested in MY life and MY desires? These are the questions I regularly have to ask myself. I would suggest EVERY Christian should be asking them of themselves. If we find ourselves falling short of the mark, then we need to get serious with God and ask Him to do His work in us. Because, when we do—when we make ourselves open to Him and available to Him—He WILL work through us and we will inevitably do the good works He created us to do.

Denny

Is Christ the center of our life? Does everything revolve around Him? Do we love Him with all our heart, mind, and strength? Or am I more interested in MY life and MY desires? These are the questions I regularly have to ask myself. I would suggest EVERY Christian should be asking them of themselves. If we find ourselves falling short of the mark, then we need to get serious with God and ask Him to do His work in us. Because, when we do—when we make ourselves open to Him and available to Him—He WILL work through us and we will inevitably do the good works He created us to do.
Excellent reply! If we prefer "church" services that are meant to entertain rather than inform, we may not be following the will of the Lord. If our worldly possessions are more important than the sacrifice made by our Savior, we may just be on the wrong road. When all we do points to the Savior, we cannot go wrong. If we go to the word of the Lord, and ask for enlightenment for what we are reading, He will provide it. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ByGod'sGrace

Thank you for writing this. Not sure if others feel this way(?), but with my legalistic upbringing, I tend to beat myself up for not doing enough for God, and feeling guilty for not hearing a specific call from Him or missing works He wants me to do. It is a difficult balance having faith and joy, yet earnestly self-searching and seeking without the pile of guilt for not doing enough. I guess the faith part is supposed to suppress the guilt or fear or worry of not pleasing Him or falling short of the life I could have led compared to the life I led. All good things are God working through us in spite of us.

Salluz

You mean we can change these titles?
Finally, the Crown of Life, or also known as the Martyr’s Crown. This has been in effect all along, but will especially be for those who call out to Jesus during the Tribulation/Wrath to come into their heart’s as their Savior. Revelation 2:10, “Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you in prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the Crown of Life.” We can say without a doubt, all who are being martyred around the world today because they have chosen to receive Jesus as their Savior will receive this crown.
I was under the impression that the bema judgment and crowns were for Church believers only, especially since the 24 elders in revelation are mentioned casting their crowns in front of Jesus (in rev. 4) before the tribulation judgments start. Not only that, but aren't tribulation martyrs only promised a place serving in God's temple, (Rev. 7:15) and not a role as both kings and priests like the the Church is promised? I understand the crowns in context here are victor's crowns like a race winner's, but it seems to me that the destiny of the Church is rather unique, and tribulation saints won't have the same standing as the Church which was made to show the "incomparable riches of God's grace"

Last edited:

Ohioan

I was under the impression that the bema judgment and crowns were for Church believers only, especially since the 24 elders in revelation are mentioned casting their crowns in front of Jesus (in rev. 4) before the tribulation judgments start. Not only that, but aren't tribulation martyrs only promised a place serving in God's temple, (Rev. 7:15) and not a role as both kings and priests like the the Church is promised? I understand the crowns in context here are victor's crowns like a race winner's, but it seems to me that the destiny of the Church is rather unique, and tribulation saints won't have the same standing as the Church which was made to show the "incomparable riches of God's grace"
I saw that too, different rewards that are received by the trib saints will be as those mentioned by Jesus in the tribulation period,

40 He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Matthew 25

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

maranatha14

These answers are helpful to me. I often get concerned, because even though I am a believer, and am so thankful for all Christ has done in my life, I don't see much fruit. In my sharing, I just get the "eye rolls", or in the case of my relations, out and out anger. I have those on my prayer list who have been there for years. No change. I just have to trust that I may never SEE the fruit. And as for talent.... even though I have asked, I have no idea where mine lies.

I just have to have faith in Him, and continue to believe He is in control.

Denny

Thank you for writing this. Not sure if others feel this way(?), but with my legalistic upbringing, I tend to beat myself up for not doing enough for God, and feeling guilty for not hearing a specific call from Him or missing works He wants me to do. It is a difficult balance having faith and joy, yet earnestly self-searching and seeking without the pile of guilt for not doing enough. I guess the faith part is supposed to suppress the guilt or fear or worry of not pleasing Him or falling short of the life I could have led compared to the life I led. All good things are God working through us in spite of us.
Absolutely. If left up to us, no one would have a Home with Jesus!

lismore

These answers are helpful to me. I often get concerned, because even though I am a believer, and am so thankful for all Christ has done in my life, I don't see much fruit. In my sharing, I just get the "eye rolls", or in the case of my relations, out and out anger. I have those on my prayer list who have been there for years. No change. I just have to trust that I may never SEE the fruit. And as for talent.... even though I have asked, I have no idea where mine lies.
Hello maranatha. If it's any encouragement to you I can see fruits of the Spirit in your post, faithfulness and patience. :)

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Good article, but be careful of some of the teaching on the website itself. They have a lot of articles and videos by Calvinist pastors John Macarthur and Justin Peters ... along with material by Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, Todd Friel, etc). Plus I found some very legalistic teachings to the point of appearing to say that that until you forsake ALL sin you cannot be saved. So I just caution beware.

Sojourner414

Good article, but be careful of some of the teaching on the website itself. They have a lot of articles and videos by Calvinist pastors John Macarthur and Justin Peters ... along with material by Ray Comfort, Kirk Cameron, Todd Friel, etc). Plus I found some very legalistic teachings to the point of appearing to say that that until you forsake ALL sin you cannot be saved. So I just caution beware.
In other words: "works" theology, right?

Salluz

You mean we can change these titles?

I just have to have faith in Him, and continue to believe He is in control.
When we talk about how a believer should be seeing fruit in his/her life, we are talking about the fruits of the spirit as @lismore mentioned. This is from Galatians 5:

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Since all believers are sealed with the Holy Spirirt as a guarantee of our inheritance from the moment we first believe, we have the Spirit working in us to produce those fruits. If a person claims to be saved but hasn't changed at all to begin exhibiting any of those traits, that person may want to reexamine his/her faith. That isn't to say we should be telling people they are not saved based on a perceived lack of the fruits of the Spirirt, but that person should look at their life and see if any changes have been made and have a heart to heart with God about it.

Bearing fruit when it comes to sharing the gospel is a different story. We are called to be faithful in sharing the gospel, but there is no guarantee that anyone we share it with will accept it. Once we are saved we are guaranteed that the Holy Spirit is working in us, but we are not guaranteed that anyone we share the gospel with will make a decision for Christ. In 1 Corinthians 3, Paul brings this up:

6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

In all the labor that we do, whether it is planting seeds of the gospel or watering them, we have to trust God to provide the increase. If the person we share the gospel with accepts Jesus as his/her savior, he/she is accepting Jesus, not our gospel presentation. Similarly, if you share the gospel and pray fervently yet that person rejects Jesus, they are rejecting Jesus and not you. It is between that person and God, and you are correct that we might not see the fruits of our labor in that department until heaven when each of us recieves our praise... but in both cases of fruit, God is doing the heavy lifting, and we just need to trust in him. As Lismore said, the fruits of the spirit are evident even in your interactions here, and as it concerns the gospel, we are called to share whether it bears fruit or not, and our work ends there (although we can certainly keep praying for the person we have shared with!). God provides the increase, but again it is also dependent on the choice of that person to accept or reject Jesus, so it may be that no one we share the gospel with accepts Christ. We are just doing as a good servant should by sharing either way. No need to worry about how you will reach the result, but if your heart is burdened for those people you can and should pray about the result.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I am aware of that. I like the naming of the crowns, and their meaning. I am not promoting their website.

JSTyler

The bold bits when combined are very strange bedfellows and have to make one scratch ones head, am-I-right? It's been one of the most mind boggling dichotomies found in the Dutch flower doctrine...work like mad to intellectually prove the belief that you can't work to have belief, thus belief can't be part of grace or it's works all the way down. Or,"legalistic, calvinist pastors" would be the very sound made by one hand clapping and yet, that's the nutshell they must all call home.

JSTyler

I'm really-really late to this thread and would answer in this way no matter my timing, and in light of the excellent answers you've already received.

In my life now, if plotted and pictured on a graph, scrubbing toilets would have a very high bar, a ridiculously high bar, maybe even a statistical anomaly-off-the-charts-supercalifragilisticexpialidocious-suared, sized bar, when compared to say, employing actual noted or favored or even honored gifts or talents. I wouldn't claim that it's the life path I would've chosen but it's certainly the life path I've been led to...for now at least. What it comes down to is this, I get to scrub those toilets as if Jesus Christ himself was going to use them. And I mean no disrespect by that, Jesus was a human with human, ummm...qualities. I like to think that He'd be a-okay using one of my freshly scrubbed toilets.

In short, do EVERYTHING you do for the personal use and edification of Jesus Christ or someone he died to live for (read all of humanity, even democrats :wink ) and don't worry about categories such as gifts, talents, skills, whatever. Do all of it with all your energy and vigor, even on the bad days and no wrap-up accounting will be necessary.

I'll steal from the old axiom and change it to fit my immediate requirements...Do it all for Jesus and let GOD sort it all out in the end.