Credit........ aliens???

Discussion in 'Anything Goes Coffee Shop' started by maranatha14, Nov 25, 2018.

1. maranatha14

maranatha14 Member

You have probably seen one of the "Ancient Alien" so-called documentaries on television. I don't watch them much; it is too annoying listening to the onslaught of man man theories.

BUT.... last night I was flipping around on the channels, and I actually heard the term "intelligent design" on one of these shows, so I paused to listen. They were discussing how science has come to recognize the intelligent design of life, specifically, in the DNA helix. The complexity of its design defies any type of "chance creation", and that there HAD to be intelligence behind it. I thought to myself, "finally, they are beginning to get it!!". But then they went on to say, "This PROVES that aliens from other planets are behind the creation of life here on earth!!"

HUH?? Really?? If this were not so sad, it would be funny. As a believer, I want to tell them to just read the Bible; so many of their questions would be answered. Alas, there are people who do not want to believe in God, and would rather believe the lie. Is it because if God exists, they might actually have to be accountable for their own actions?

2. Jonathan

Jonathan Well-Known Member

To me, it is obvious that the universe, and mankind was intelligently designed. And the more you learn about it, the more you are in awe at God's handiwork. The whole concept of "ancient aliens," in my opinion, when it comes to our own existence as humans, is to formulate an explanation for why we are here. But that is passing the buck. If they are correct (which they aren't) then who created the aliens? The same question still exists.

As far as evolution goes (Again, sort of passing the buck but not as much), I urge anyone interested to read Michael Behe's "Darwin's Black Box." He makes a very convincing argument that evolution could never account for our existence due to the "mouse trap problem." In short, mutations work one time out of billions, the theory goes, to advance evolution. But a great many biological features we have are dependent on multiple "parts" that if any one of them didn't exist and weren't created at the EXACT same time, the whole system would fail. Like a mousetrap. You take away just one part of the mouse trap and it doesn't work.

So, we are to believe that a multitude of genetic mutations (which take millions of years individually) all took place at the EXACT same time to create complex, functioning organisms. Even with the billions of years evolutionists afford, it is mathematically so improbable as to be solidly IMPOSSIBLE by any logical, realistic means. And even then it doesn't account for the universe or existence itself.

As far as "Ancient Aliens" go, I do believe there is a lot of strange stuff that happened in the past. Fallen angels, Nephilim, etc. But I don't believe we were seeded here by an alien race.

I believe we were created by God, in His image.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  3. maranatha14

maranatha14 Member

Agree with you completely Jonathan.

Chuck Missler used to be one of my favorite teachers. I remember him stating how God's jealousy (or passion) was his role as our CREATOR (covered in Romans 1), and how Creation testifies of itself, so that WE ARE WITHOUT EXCUSE. When you get into reading the word, and its details, everything just falls into place. What and incredible book it is.

4. Jonathan

Totally with you. I owe most of my biblical understanding to Chuck, by the way, may God rest his soul. He was an excellent teacher who was solid on theology (nature of salvation, the rapture, etc), but also was willing to explore the "weirder" things in the bible while always reminding everyone to not take his word for anything but be a Barean. He will be missed, but his fruit was massive in terms of lectures and books, and a lot of it is free. (Look up firefighters).

God Bless.

5. Kerbluey

Kerbluey Well-Known Member

Lol, that’s really reaching! I’ve been fed up with the human race lately, so my sympathy towards anyone this desperate to reject God is very limited. They make their choices.

6. RonJohnSilver

RonJohnSilver Well-Known Member

I enjoy the Ancient Aliens show, however, like the previous posters, I find it sad that while they dance around the truth, they never get it. I find it interesting that if you would take their statements/theories and replace the word "ET or extraterrestrial" with "demons", they would be close to the truth. I think that many of their facts are correct, it's their conclusions that are wrong. One thing they may be right about, though, is their belief that these "aliens" will one day return. I think that's very possible, although as we know, they aren't aliens, they aren't friendly and they aren't truthful since their master is the father of lies. I think that if they return, though, it will be post-rapture so I don't believe we'll be here to deal with them.

7. TheRedeemed

TheRedeemed Well-Known Member

This is termed 'irreducible complexity' i.e. an eye that doesn't function is not an eye, an ear that doesn't hear is not an ear. So therefore you can't 'evolve' an eye nor an ear, all the component parts are needed, and needed to be perfectly formed in order for the organ/life element to work.

When you add in 'symbiosis' where certain life forms need to be around and in perfect harmony with each other for both to exist, means you can't have millions of years between one creature or plant existing before it's symbiotic partner arrived either, which is another tenet of the Darwinian theory.

Then there is today, it would seem that for now, a process that should never stop, has decided to take a sabbatical, as it's never been found by modern science, the 'incomplete' or currently 'evolving' creature or plant.

The reason for that is simple, every living thing today is perfect for what it is, and there is no need for anything to decide to become something else instead. In order to do so however, it would mean the life form in question would need to display an automatic increase in it's genome, something that has never been observed in any living thing dead or alive, and that is because it didn't happen.

Even if it did, what would that living form be? An increase in the genome would make it an imperfect version of what it once was, and an imperfect version of what it was trying to become. Then survival becomes difficult or even impossible for that creature, and it instantly would become infertile too.

Google the 'The Fruit Fly Experiment' that has been running world-wide for about 120 years and you'll find some very interesting things these stupid scientists know about life and yet still they persist with Darwinian/satanic origins of life.

Here's a link to some of the fruit fly results... https://www.icr.org/article/no-fruit-fly-evolution-even-after-600/

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    pixelpusher, Jonathan and Kerbluey like this.
  8. Jonathan

Very excellent explanation. "Irreducible Complexity" is the term Behe used. It has been probably almost a decade since I read the book, that is the best possible explanation and why there is a huge problem with single mutations, which only occur extremely rarely, being able to result on a complex organ (like the eyeball, and Behe also mentioned) simply due to the fact that if only one part is missing, the entire system doesn't work.

And I have yet to see a good refutation of his logic, although in all fairness, I haven't made a full on dedicated effort to find one. What little I came up with was the the opposition came down to "Evolution works in mysterious ways." (My words, not theirs).

Genes do change in terms of the frequency and ways they are expressed in the sense that moths adapt to their environment over time (adopting better shades that are more condusive to their survival in a particular environment, like the industrial revolution), but no new species has ever been scientifically shown to have been created/evolved via evolution. (IE. something that can no longer mate with the previous species but can only mate with it's new form/species).

For example, dogs are the perfect example. They have been bred for thousands of years to display certain characteristics that are vastly differently from each other, either through deliberate human intervention of through their geographical location. Yet, they can all breed with each other and therefore are part of the same species.

But even that is a weak argument compared to Behe's argument concerning irreducible complexity.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Jan51, pixelpusher and greg64 like this.
  9. TheRedeemed

TheRedeemed Well-Known Member

These scientists confuse everyone deliberately, for they know that there is a huge difference between micro evolution, that's the result of gene pooling and mixing, and this prevents disease and genetic weaknesses on parts of the genome from wiping out a whole species and macro evolution.

These micro differences are what in humans (and every other life form) gives us our height, weight, hair colour, eye colour and our propensity to survive fatal diseases, e.g. during the black death not everyone died, because some people were totally impervious to the virus, as the gene it used to latch itself on to was or was not present in these people.

They (lying scientists) use these genetic differences to push their 'evolution' agenda, knowing that it's micro evolution where the genome remains the same as in your example of the domestic dog, but that some genes are on and some are off in different combinations in every individual.

The one they need to definitively prove 'evolution' is called macro evolution as I mentioned in my original post. This is what has never happened, and is certainly not happening today either, and it never will, as you need to have that automatic increase in the genome itself for that to happen, and that is impossible to do and then survive.

Life is indeed a 'miracle' and not some chance string of events in the organic soup.

caligal, Jonathan, Jan51 and 2 others like this.
  10. Jonathan

Seriously, if anyone is interested in what TheRedeemed and I have been talking about, please check out Michael Behe's "Darwin's Black Box." If you can't find it at your local library or don't have the coin to purchase it outright, contact me and I will send you my copy, free of charge.

caligal likes this.