Creature Of Habit?

Discussion in 'Word Games, Polls, Music, & Poetry' started by Goodboy, Jan 7, 2019.

Are You a Creature of Habit or do you like change?

1. I tend to like to do most things the same way each time

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. I like to change the way I do things, as long as it is not inefficient

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Goodboy

Goodboy Well-Known Member

I was wondering what percentage of people are creatures of habit. Now I don't know if this is the true meaning of that saying, but what I am talking about is feeling more comfortable doing something the same way each time. As example, I feel I am a creature of habit and if possible will always park in the same parking space at work or church. I also will always sit in the same general area at church each Sunday and other things like that.

Are you a creature of habit or do you like change?

ShilohRose and billy swinea like this.
  2. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

Both, brother. I love adventure ... but I must admit that I like routine for my day to day chores.

ShilohRose, SonSeeker, chaser and 3 others like this.
  3. billy swinea

billy swinea Well-Known Member

I hate hunting for walet shoes keys etc.

4. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

I have a routine that I like, but I've also got a spontaneous side to me... though the older I get the more my spontaneity leads me to my bed to take a nap :) as opposed to going on some adventure or other.

5. madcat

madcat Well-Known Member

Us OCD folks like all our ducks in a row - the SAME row every day.
    :calvin

6. Teresa66

Teresa66 Active Member

I don't like to be bored so I like to shake thing up from time to time. However, I'm all about efficiency. :nod

7. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

Never waste any time you can spend sleeping!

8. Judy4Jesus

Judy4Jesus Well-Known Member

I'm your OCD sister, Madcat!!

ShilohRose, SonSeeker, madcat and 3 others like this.
  9. madcat

madcat Well-Known Member

Do you hang your blouses according to color? And how about drawer dividers? And SYMMETRY——
    oh my goodness- it can be maddening.
    But I have “graduated” when going places, and make a turn that isn’t on the GPS, and let Google give me an alternate route. YEAH - one rut I can avoid.

10. SonSeeker

SonSeeker Well-Known Member

I'm now of an age where choosing to nap on my back vs. my side is the most adventure I can handle.:sad

billy swinea, ShilohRose and Goodboy like this.
  11. kathymendel

kathymendel Well-Known Member

While I love having a routine for my life, I have always been one to say, "I don't want to get stuck in a rut!"
    Consequently, I've knocked myself out for years finding new things to do, new places to go, and new ways to entertain friends and family. Now that I'm older, am widowed, and my body is giving me grief.......... it is harder and harder to make myself get out there and stay active like I used to do. BUT...... I'm determined to keep "stirring the pot" to keep life interesting, only on a bit smaller scale.

Goodboy likes this.