Couple under house arrest for coronavirus

J2

So...they didn’t sign the document and then got put on house arrest with ankle monitors?! I feel like (or I hope) there’s more to this story that is being left out.

A couple was placed under house arrest after testing positive for COVID-19. Press play to learn why.

LOUISVILLE, Kentucky -- A Kentucky couple is under house arrest after one of them tested positive for coronavirus and refused to sign self-quarantine papers.

Elizabeth Linscott got tested for COVID-19 because she was planning to go visit her parents.

"My grandparents wanted to see me, too, so, just to make sure that, you know, if I tested negative, that they would be okay, everything would be fine," Linscott said.

After testing positive but without showing any symptoms, Linscott said the health department contacted her, requesting she sign documents.

"I agreed to comply to call the Health Department if I was to go. I was to call the Health Department if I was to leave my house for any reason," she said.

But, she chose not to sign.

"I had gotten a message from them, a text message that stated, because of your refusal to sign, this is going to be escalated, and law enforcement will be involved," she said.

Later that week, the county sheriff greeted Linscott's husband, Isaiah, at their front door.

"I open up the door, and there's like eight different people, five different cars, and I'm like 'what the heck's going on?' This guy's in a suit with a mask. It's the Health Department guy, and they have three papers for us. For me, her and my daughter," he said.

The couple was ordered to wear ankle monitors. If they travel more than 200 feet, law enforcement will be notified.

"We didn't rob a store. We didn't steal something. We didn't hit and run. We didn't do anything wrong," Linscott said.

The couple said they never denied self-quarantining. They just didn't agree with the wording of the documents.

And, that's exactly what the Director of the Public Health Department told the judge, that I was refusing to self-quarantine because of this, and I'm like, 'that's not the case at all. I never said that,'" she said.

Linscott said even without the ankle monitor, she had planned to be cautious, and if she had needed medical care, she would have let healthcare workers know she was infected with the virus.

https://abc7.com/health/couple-under-house-arrest-after-testing-positive-for-covid-19/6323759/

vbf

This is outrageous but an indicator of things to come. I was going to give blood in two weeks but cancelling my appoinment knowing that my blood will be screened for CV, and if positive, contact tracers might show up at my door. That won't go well so saving myself and others a lot of, how shall we say, difficulty.

So let's shed some light on what's happening here. Regular American citizens are being put under house arrest for carrying a virus with an extremely low death rate while convicted prisoners are being freed from prisons all over the country? I'd bet my house that the convicted prisoners released to wreak havoc on God only knows how many vulnerable and unsuspecting people aren't wearing ankle monitors.

madcat

The “Brashears” - both daddy and now son, have taken my home state to new lows. Makes me ashamed to call it “My Old Kentucky Home”. It just goes to show you with a combo of hard-core Dems + indoctrinated younger folks can quickly wipe out any semblance of sanity. :mad::mad::mad:

vbf

If I were Trump. I'd set up a special unit at the DOJ for people to call and report these grievous overreaches of governmental authority. Most people don't know how to go about getting a lawyer involved or if that's even an affordable option for them. These filthy politicians do this becasue they know they'll get away with it. Like a bully, until you kick the crap out of them, they'll keep bullying.

usoutpost31

They asked her to contact them if she were to leave the house for any reason. She wouldn't agree to that.

I know COVID 19 has a high survival rate but that doesn't mean it's not dangerous. Just means more people are carriers and more are going to be infected. SARS never reached the pandemic stage because of the mortality rate. Too many people died before their sickness could be passed to others.

DanLMP

If I were Trump. I'd set up a special unit at the DOJ for people to call and report these grievous overreaches of governmental authority. Most people don't know how to go about getting a lawyer involved or if that's even an affordable option for them. These filthy politicians do this becasue they know they'll get away with it. Like a bully, until you kick the crap out of them, they'll keep bullying.
They know the average person isn't going to lawyer up because the average person can't afford it.

If the DOJ did set up a special unit to handle these cases they may get inundated with calls very quickly.

vbf

They know the average person isn't going to lawyer up because the average person can't afford it.

If the DOJ did set up a special unit to handle these cases they may get inundated with calls very quickly.
I think you're right, unfortunately. My hope would be for an end to this tyranny knowing the DOJ was at the ready to assist citizens. Bullies don't pick a fight with someone that will knowingly fight back.

Last edited:

NewWine2020

This is outrageous but an indicator of things to come. I was going to give blood in two weeks but cancelling my appoinment knowing that my blood will be screened for CV, and if positive, contact tracers might show up at my door. That won't go well so saving myself and others a lot of, how shall we say, difficulty.

So let's shed some light on what's happening here. Regular American citizens are being put under house arrest for carrying a virus with an extremely low death rate while convicted prisoners are being freed from prisons all over the country? I'd bet my house that the convicted prisoners released to wreak havoc on God only knows how many vulnerable and unsuspecting people aren't wearing ankle monitors.
This is just absolute insanity....

NewWine2020

Republicans will do it too eventually. Power corrupts and there are people on all sides who are enjoying it. And the police are too cowardly to go after the rioters but will go after regular people for Covid infractions.
The police are in no way cowardly. They are dealing with the fact that:

1) in most cases they have been ORDERD to stand down..

...and 2) if a situation goes south for them they KNOW their city govt, maybe even the more “Political” members of upper management in Law enforcement do not have their backs and will sacrifice them without a thought. If I were a law officer I would be seething with anger right now. If I did not have a long time invested in my career there I would pack up and leave for a “red” city.

But I agree; politicians as a class are rife with corruption and I think a lot of them are actually sociopaths.

DanLMP

From Daniel Greenfield, FrontPageMag, July 19:

Hawaii Democrats Order Married Couple Not to Share a Bed

Remember when the Democrats claimed that they wanted to get the government out of people's bedrooms.
But under the Democrats, the government seems to spend all its time in people's bedrooms, bathrooms, and assorted other places it doesn't belong. Take this case by Harmeet Dhillon out of Hawaii.
Plaintiff Richard Partal relocated to Hawaii first, in late May 2020. Because of his employment, he was exempt from quarantine requirements. His family relocated with him in July—his two-year-old son was not subject to quarantine requirements either.

After being reported for “violating” quarantine with his two-year-old son, both of whom were exempt from quarantine requirements—Plaintiff Richard Partal received a call from Mayor Harry Kim’s civil defense office informing him that his exemption from quarantine had been revoked, that he would have to quarantine for two weeks, and that during that quarantine period, plaintiffs Richard and Kristine Partal—a married couple—could not share a bed during quarantine.

“Governor Ige continues to ignore Hawaii law insisting that all travelers to the State quarantine for 14-days upon arrival,” said Harmeet Dhillon, Chief Executive Officer of the Center for American Liberty. “While numerous governors, in both red states and blue states alike, continue to violate civil liberties in response to COVID-19, few responses have been as egregious as Governor Ige’s response. Prohibiting a husband and wife from sharing a bed is arbitrary and shocks the conscience.”
This is what happens when claims of a public health emergency are used to give public officials essentially unlimited powers.
Here are some more details from the complaint.
50. On or about July 10, 2020, Richard Partal received a telephone call from Mayor Kim’s civil defense office and was told that due to the report of him having been in the common area of the Town Home, his quarantine exemption was revoked and he too was subject to quarantine with his wife, mother and son; that they had to social distance inside of the Town Home; and that consequently he and his wife, Kristine Partal, were not permitted to share a bed during the quarantine.
If you want the government in your bedroom, the Democrats are definitely the way to go.

RobinMc

My friends forty something yr old son, who regularly gives blood because he has that type that they always want- O something- hadn't given at all this year because of what's happening. But a couple of weeks ago, he contacted the local blood bank and left a message of who he was and if they needed him to donate, let him know where to go and what steps he should take. He didn't hear anything back for 3 days, but then they called and said he could not donate because he tested positive. He asked -do you have the right person? Yes, they verified who he was. How did I test positive? I have not been tested, have not even been to a doctor or any other medical office this year. They still said-don't come, we can't take it.
So the positive testing is booming, even with people who have not been tested.

railfan727

They asked her to contact them if she were to leave the house for any reason. She wouldn't agree to that.

I know COVID 19 has a high survival rate but that doesn't mean it's not dangerous. Just means more people are carriers and more are going to be infected. SARS never reached the pandemic stage because of the mortality rate. Too many people died before their sickness could be passed to others.
The genetic engineers got it just right this time around!

TrustinHim

Republicans will do it too eventually. Power corrupts and there are people on all sides who are enjoying it. And the police are too cowardly to go after the rioters but will go after regular people for Covid infractions.
The tests are very often a false positive, did the person have the flu vaccine recently? And to restrict the citizens liberty without due process and representation is a direct violation of civil rights. If this person doesn't have the virus in a second test it's a slam dunk lawsuit.

J2

Ummm I was going to donate my blood this week. Guess I need to cancel that.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Give self-righteous bureaucrats the power and they, being convinced they know how to run people's lives for the good of everybody, will engage in the most egregious overuse and overreach imaginable. It's human nature. The founding fathers knew it and warned against it. More than that, they did their best to protect against it by means of the Constitution they created. Sadly, many Americans have been content to sit back and watch their Constitution slowly eroded and twisted into unrecognizable shape by the governments that clearly seek not to serve but to rule. Power is an insidious drug and too many politicians drink it to the limit ... especially, those fascists of the Left.