Could there be a period of time?

Andy C

You know what worries me? People who die on the accidents after the Rapture who haven't accepted Christ... :sad
I have worried about this too. Many people are close to accepting Jesus, but if He comes right now, its to late for them. How sad will it be for those who needed just one more day after the rapture to finally confess Him, yet they were flying in a pilotless plane one second after the rapture. Even those who die immediately after the rapture are without excuse, they had their whole life to make the wise choice.

Andy C

But I don't see anything in the Word that would lean us towards thinking the OWG would more likely appear after the Rapture as before, so there is a little something more to your opinion beyond what the Bible tells us, unless I'm missing something in scripture. We don't even know if there will be a gap of any significance, but even then, I suppose the OWG could be set up fairly quickly as it appears to have been planned out already and the world has been moving in that direction incrementally.
From the link I provided at the beginning of this thread, I copied one of my previous posts.

“Yes, I believe there will be an undetermined amount of time as a gap after the rapture and before the tribulation starts. Scripture gives no verifiable evidence this is true, but it does show events that must happen before the tribulation begins. I also believe in the Doctrine of Imminency in that the Lord can come at any time for His Church. It also means no prophecy has to be fulfilled before the rapture - its a signless event. The tribulation is just the opposite, as prophetic events must happen before it can start.

Since I do believe in the Doctrine of Imminency, I believe the rapture could happen at this very second. However, one cant make the same claim about the start of the tribulation.

Some believe the finalization of the OWG is imminent. I do not believe that is true although many no doubt want it to happen. I think many are trying to force feed this pandemic into a reason to form the much anticipated OWG. Could this be true? Again, I dont believe the majority of the countries are anywhere near ready to give up control of their own country in order for the OWG to finalize. I believe it will take a global catastrophe to cause the conditions necessary for the formation of the OWG, and the final outcome of the Ezekiel prophecy fits the bill. After God destroys the invading force, and much of their homeland country, the world will be in shambles, and the need for global leadership will seem like the best answer.

If the rapture happened today, with hundreds of millions gone in a flash, some countries wont be as hard hit as others. The coalition of countires aligned to fulfill the Ezekiel prophecy will still be strong after the rapture, and in a prime position to try and take advantage while the world is trying to recover, and they will attack. They are already on the borders of Israel, and the rapture could easily provide the perfect timing to try and attack.

If I did not believe there is a gap, then how could I believe the rapture can happen at any second? We do know the rapture happens before the tribulation. We also know the AC will rise out of the OWG. However, has the Ezekiel prophecy happened yet? No? Is the OWG formed yet? No. Is there at this very moment a need for a seven year treaty with Israel? No. With all these no’s on areas we know must be fulfilled before the tribulation starts, once again, how can I believe the rapture is Imminent? The answer is because I believe there is a gap long enough to allow the above prophecies to be fulfilled before the tribulation begins”

https://www.raptureforums.com/forum...efore-tribulation-your-thoughts.176234/page-2

Hidden

The back-to-back occurrence of the rapture and the Ezekiel War will have jolted many people awake - both Jews and gentiles alike - and many will start seeking answers for what happened. They will be devouring literature and resources that we have left behind and will be reading the Bible in desperate search for an answer.

And it will start to dawn on them that they are approaching the 7-year tribulation and will wait with baited breath as the AC announces the treaty with Israel. So yeah, I think there will be a little bit of gap between the rapture and the 7-year tribulation.

Wings Like Eagles

I have worried about this too. Many people are close to accepting Jesus, but if He comes right now, its to late for them. How sad will it be for those who needed just one more day after the rapture to finally confess Him, yet they were flying in a pilotless plane one second after the rapture. Even those who die immediately after the rapture are without excuse, they had their whole life to make the wise choice.
I think we can be sure that no one will be "lost in the cracks". Jesus said, in John 17 that He had been able to protect all but the one (Judas Iscariot) who "was headed for destruction" as prophesied (vs.12). If He could protect them (in spite of all that Satan must have thrown at them) He can and will protect His lambs and sheep.

Andy C

I think we can be sure that no one will be "lost in the cracks". Jesus said, in John 17 that He had been able to protect all but the one (Judas Iscariot) who "was headed for destruction" as prophesied (vs.12). If He could protect them (in spite of all that Satan must have thrown at them) He can and will protect His lambs and sheep.
Im not sure your reply fits my post, unless you are referring to those who enter the tribulation, and will become one of His.

Andy C

It was just a general reply to the idea that someone could lose salvation by minutes or seconds, Andy.
That brings up an interesting scenario. If someone was close to making the wise choice, but the rapture happened first, why would they be spared a quick death, such as dying from the aftermath of the rapture? They had plenty of opportunities before and maybe they would not really of went through with the wise decision.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
It is almost as if the OWG is already here since there is a LOT of international power is wielded by NGOs, the WHO, the CDC, the FDA, etc. China has launched its digital currency and if it is based partially on silver/gold, it will crowd out all other currencies--which are fiat currencies.

I wholeheartedly agree with the quoted with regards to the OWG, we're practically there. As for the Chinese cryptocurrency release, I don't think that is important, eschatologically speaking.

Batfan7

I too think there will be a gap. But a short gap. Maybe months. The whole purpose of the Rapture is to rescue the church just prior to the Trib, right? To ensure the most souls are saved, but not allow the believers to experience God's wrath. So a long gap kind of defeats that purpose, it seems to me.

But we won't know until it happens, so I'm open to different opinions.

Andy C

The back-to-back occurrence of the rapture and the Ezekiel War will have jolted many people awake - both Jews and gentiles alike - and many will start seeking answers for what happened. They will be devouring literature and resources that we have left behind and will be reading the Bible in desperate search for an answer.

And it will start to dawn on them that they are approaching the 7-year tribulation and will wait with baited breath as the AC announces the treaty with Israel. So yeah, I think there will be a little bit of gap between the rapture and the 7-year tribulation.
I had an interesting thought today..

Those that get left behind at the rapture are lucky? Why? Had they died in their state of unbelief before the rapture, their eternal destiny would have been set for hell/Lake of fire. However, since they are still alive after being left behind, they still have a chance for salvation.

Andy C

I wholeheartedly agree with the quoted with regards to the OWG, we're practically there. As for the Chinese cryptocurrency release, I don't think that is important, eschatologically speaking.
I still dont believe we are anywhere close to a OWG. Sure, plenty of globalists wish for this, but aside from a few countries, no others would willingly give up their individual sovereignty as a country. Something drastic that effects the entire globe will have to happen for them to agree for the need of a OWG.

There are plenty of you tube pastors, other self proclaimed experts out there, fanning the flames they cause to try and get everyone to believe the OWG is imminent. IMO - mule fritters.

Lynn

Longing for Home
I had an interesting thought today..

Those that get left behind at the rapture are lucky? Why? Had they died in their state of unbelief before the rapture, their eternal destiny would have been set for hell/Lake of fire. However, since they are still alive after being left behind, they still have a chance for salvation.
I never thought of this before. Hopefully, they will listen to the two Witnesses on the streets of Jerusalem (YouTube) and the 144,000 young Jewish men who will go everywhere preaching the gospel.

Andy C

Maybe when you start paying taxes to an international entity you'll realize that it is upon us.
Is that you TT, down in your bunker, hiding from the govmint who is trying to find you and make you a global citizen…. :biggrin

Im not saying it wont happen, because the bible is clear, there will eventually be a OWG out of which the AC will arrive.

The worlds countries cant agree with hardly any topic, let alone coming together as one.

A global event, such as the rapture will lay the groundwork needed for the OWG to form. Plus, the AC will have some sort of supernatural powers, and will quickly come on the scene, offering the world in chaos from the rapture, the perfect peace plan……

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
A global event, such as the rapture will lay the groundwork needed for the OWG to form. Plus, the AC will have some sort of supernatural powers, and will quickly come on the scene, offering the world in chaos from the rapture, the perfect peace plan……

The Bible, in Daniel indicates the OWG will proceed the antichrist. It'll be a done deal b4 the antichrist is introduced.

Wings Like Eagles

My thoughts put your first figure extremely high ( but hope you're right), and your second figure extremely low.

I guess our thoughts on the matter won't have an affect on the actual numbers.
Did you forget about the approximately one billion children below the age of ten?

Apparently, there are almost 2 billion children below the age of 16 and approximately a little more than half are below the age of ten. According to demographers, we have reached our peak of children below the age of 16 at 1.95 billion. That has been holding fairly steady but it has already declined as a proportion of the total population as the population of many nations has started to age. In Japan, adult diapers outsold baby diapers for the first time last year.

Andy C

Did you forget about the approximately one billion children below the age of ten?

Apparently, there are almost 2 billion children below the age of 16 and approximately a little more than half are below the age of ten. According to demographers, we have reached our peak of children below the age of 16 at 1.95 billion. That has been holding fairly steady but it has already declined as a proportion of the total population as the population of many nations has started to age. In Japan, adult diapers outsold baby diapers for the first time last year.
In the rapture book series Im reading “Chaos, in the blink of an eye”, the author used the age of accountability at age 8, and all the worlds kids 8 and below were raptured, which as you posted, is a big chunk of the worlds population. Personally, if I had to guess for the age, it would be no older than 10-12. However, since the bible is not clear if there even is an age of accountability, its just speculation on my part for the age.