Could there be a period of time?

Rocky R.

Someone on this thread mentioned that after the end of Daniel's 69th week, the Church didn't start until the Day of Pentecost. Similarly, I think after the Rapture there will be a lot of robbing, raping, murder, looting, and blasphemy in its wake which will might take two months before global security forces are able to calm the masses and even begin to clear out the gridlock. Leading the charge will be the Antichrist, making an announcement to trust him, and that everything will be alright now that he's in charge.

Wings Like Eagles

My thoughts put your first figure extremely high ( but hope you're right), and your second figure extremely low.

I guess our thoughts on the matter won't have an affect on the actual numbers.
I debated with myself on the 2.3 billion Christians--but, 2.3 billion apparently identify themselves that way, and we already know that there is no requirement for righteous behaviour as to whether we are saved or not. As long as we have the indwelling Holy Spirit, we will be going. It may be though, that not all of the 2.3 billion HAVE the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit. The Book of Revelation indicates that 50% of the earth's remaining inhabitants will die in the Tribulation, after the Church leaves.

Last edited:

RobinB

ccording to my calculations: 2.3 billion of our almost 8 billion will go in the Rapture. So that takes the earth's population down to around 5 billion and then, fully half of the population left, will die in the Tribulation--so that takes it down to around 2.5 billion. Th

So many will die immediately at/after we vanish, car crashes, people in surgery, plane crashes, etc.

greg64

I think we'll see regional governments come into place before the antichrist fully emerges. Also, quite possibly the restoration of a literal Babylon. Whether those things happen before or after the Rapture remains to be seen -- it could play out either way, but the Rapture is imminent.

The odds of the Rapture happening on the same day as the covenant with many is made or made stronger seems very remote (see 2 Thessalonians 2:6-8), so there will almost certainly be a gap of some duration. Lately, I'm leaning towards it being longer than I've previously thought, but I do think events will happen quickly. Pete Garcia has done a lot of great writing on this -- definitely worth checking out.

Len

Although I do not think there would be a gap I am hoping there is a long one, so that those left behind who have heard the gospel message or some of it at least from one of those raptured would have some time to capitulate and turn to Jesus with strength and purpose of heart to make their journey home..... praying for loved ones.

daygo

Although I do not think there would be a gap I am hoping there is a long one, so that those left behind who have heard the gospel message or some of it at least from one of those raptured would have some time to capitulate and turn to Jesus with strength and purpose of heart to make their journey home..... praying for loved ones.
Well said, makes lot of sense.

Neonap

I personally believe that there will be a gap, but for how long? Only God knows, if I were to make a guess; It would be around 2-10 years. During this time, the world will fall into chaos and evil will pour into this world on a level like we have never seen before. It's quite possible that in order to control the situation, a world governmental system will be needed and 10 kings will rise out that world kingdom.

That alone will likely not quench the outbreak of evil, so the antichrist will be the peacemaker to rise to bring order out of chaos with a 7 year peace treaty with Israel and the many. The world at that point, will cry," Peace and safety!!" And then bam Tribulation hits suddenly.

During those few years of setup, I suspect the 10 king empire to form, a possible rebuilt Babylon?, a digital worldwide economic system, the uniting of world religions (whore of Babylon), etc etc.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The Book of Revelation indicates that 50% of the earth's remaining inhabitants will die in the Tribulation, after the Church leaves.

I don't think that's correct. Maybe you can paint a pic of how you come up with 50%. Years ago I went through the judgments and estimated figures (deaths). I started with 7 billion and finished with just a tad over 1 billion. Without reading through Rev to check, if my poor memory serves me, one judgment alone takes 25% of the world's population. Another takes a third. Just those two judgments combined equal more than 50% dead. Descriptions of many of the judgments don't specify a percentage of dead, but there's no doubt many will dies from those judgments. I started with 7 billion because back when I did the figuring, that's about how many people populated the earth.

When I did my own estimation, when I was done, I figured that the numbers of survivors would most likely be a good bit lower... it's hard to know, but given what comes down on the world during those 7 years, it's amazing enough that anyone would survive.

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
We could, who really knows. IMO, the OWG will fully form after the rapture, and before the start of the tribulation, because of a gap.

I prefer to just go with what the Bible tells us, and Daniel spells out the order of it all, but doesn't say exactly when. It could happen as easily before the Rapture as after, the Bible doesn't tell us that. A lot of that will depend on the length of the gap between the Rapture and the beginning of Tribulation. The one thing we do know is that the OWG will be in place when the antichrist affirms that covenant and ascends to his position.

Wings Like Eagles

I don't think that's correct. Maybe you can paint a pic of how you come up with 50%. Years ago I went through the judgments and estimated figures (deaths). I started with 7 billion and finished with just a tad over 1 billion. Without reading through Rev to check, if my poor memory serves me, one judgment alone takes 25% of the world's population. Another takes a third. Just those two judgments combined equal more than 50% dead. Descriptions of many of the judgments don't specify a percentage of dead, but there's no doubt many will dies from those judgments. I started with 7 billion because back when I did the figuring, that's about how many people populated the earth.

When I did my own estimation, when I was done, I figured that the numbers of survivors would most likely be a good bit lower... it's hard to know, but given what comes down on the world during those 7 years, it's amazing enough that anyone would survive.
A percentage of a declining number decreases the percentage of the original number. In other words, 100% of 100,000 is a much smaller number than 50% of 1,000,000. In any case, the loss of life will be horrific and praise the Lord, we won't be here then.

Lastcall

I prefer to just go with what the Bible tells us, and Daniel spells out the order of it all, but doesn't say exactly when. It could happen as easily before the Rapture as after, the Bible doesn't tell us that. A lot of that will depend on the length of the gap between the Rapture and the beginning of Tribulation. The one thing we do know is that the OWG will be in place when the antichrist affirms that covenant and ascends to his position.
I also just go with what the bible tells us, and thats the order of events, not the time in between.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I also just go with what the bible tells us, and thats the order of events, not the time in between.

But I don't see anything in the Word that would lean us towards thinking the OWG would more likely appear after the Rapture as before, so there is a little something more to your opinion beyond what the Bible tells us, unless I'm missing something in scripture. We don't even know if there will be a gap of any significance, but even then, I suppose the OWG could be set up fairly quickly as it appears to have been planned out already and the world has been moving in that direction incrementally.

Wings Like Eagles

But I don't see anything in the Word that would lean us towards thinking the OWG would more likely appear after the Rapture as before, so there is a little something more to your opinion beyond what the Bible tells us, unless I'm missing something in scripture. We don't even know if there will be a gap of any significance, but even then, I suppose the OWG could be set up fairly quickly as it appears to have been planned out already and the world has been moving in that direction incrementally.
It is almost as if the OWG is already here since there is a LOT of international power is wielded by NGOs, the WHO, the CDC, the FDA, etc. China has launched its digital currency and if it is based partially on silver/gold, it will crowd out all other currencies--which are fiat currencies.

victory87

Yes, absolutely horrific, and yet God's mercy(Huge wake-up call) will bring multitudes to Salvation. Today is the day of salvation. If the Holy Spirit today is convicting someone today, please don't wait thinking there will be another time to receive Christ. The best and greatest decision I ever made was receiving that pardon in full from our blood bought risen savior. It pains me deeply! But even in judgement....God's love will still be calling out in this horrific 7 year period of Jacob's trouble! Extraordinary!