Coronavirus update

Lovin Jesus

CA Governor Newsom has ordered the release of 8,000 more prisoners due to Coronavirus. He’s releasing more and more criminals not because they are rehabilitated but using the Coronavirus as an excuse to permit lawlessness. New York has the same practice and the majority of the ones released are repeat offenders. No wonder the crime rate has dramatically gone up.

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
CA Governor Newsom has ordered the release of 8,000 more prisoners due to Coronavirus. He’s releasing more and more criminals not because they are rehabilitated but using the Coronavirus as an excuse to permit lawlessness. New York has the same practice and the majority of the ones released are repeat offenders. No wonder the crime rate has dramatically gone up.
Totally insane!! And now the police are demoralized and assaulting an officer is only a misdemeanor. :-( This world....Jesus, take us home!!

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Haha! That hasn’t happened...yet. ;) Usually I’m reciting my shopping list to myself over and over. I’m definitely going to have to start reciting Bible verses like Ghoti suggested. And I’ll just ignore her mention of cussing. ;)
There, fixed it for ya :wink :lol

Ignoring cussing is always good, but sometimes even the nicest/politest person drops a big can of peaches on his/her foot and something unfortunate/unintended slips out :rolleyes

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
He probably needs to make room for the imprisonment of those who refuse to wear masks, etc., during this COVID crisis...

Andy C

Fox News reporting a segment on increasing mask mandates in many states. A health “ expert” says that we have to get use to wearing masks and carrying them around like our cell phones because they are “going to become part of our culture”. That is insane!
I think this is high probability. The amount of new caseS yesterday was 71,000. However, the deaths have recently not hit over 1000 a day since 9 June, but were getting close again.

If the virus is still around by flu season, you can bet the house all states will require masks, and some restrictions will be back.

Not trying to start the old debate, but I simply dont understand the problem people have with wearing a mask, (exception of a med condition) especially if your in a high volume case area. Some people get very creative with the mask design. I am glad I no longer work and would have to wear one for 9 hours a day. But for going shopping, not a big deal for me.

Lovin Jesus

I think this is high probability. The amount of new caseS yesterday was 71,000. However, the deaths have recently not hit over 1000 a day since 9 June, but were getting close again.

If the virus is still around by flu season, you can bet the house all states will require masks, and some restrictions will be back.

Not trying to start the old debate, but I simply dont understand the problem people have with wearing a mask, (exception of a med condition) especially if your in a high volume case area. Some people get very creative with the mask design. I am glad I no longer work and would have to wear one for 9 hours a day. But for going shopping, not a big deal for me.
I have no problem wearing one even though it’s hard to breathe well due to asthma but I still wear one. My problem is for them to say, get use to it, it’s part of our culture now. But Im keeping my hopes in being raptured and gone before too long. If it wasn’t for my hope, all of these crazy things going on around us would likely take a toll on me.

antitox

Gold's Gym CEO says people need an outlet during pandemic: 'Exercise is medicine'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/golds-gym-ceo-exercise-medicine

"We've got to keep gyms open -- people need that outlet and they need to stay healthy," he said.

Gold's Gym CEO Adam Zeitsiff argued that governments should allow gyms to reopen during the pandemic because they provide needed outlets and health benefits for Americans.

"We all came together as an industry and we've been working on this for months now. And we voluntarily shut our doors even before the mandates because we knew we had to do this for the betterment of humanity," Zeitsiff said on "Cavuto Live" Saturday.

"But we've been working for months to deliver strict sanitizing, cleaning, distancing guidelines and protocols to help keep our community safe. And to your point, exercising, it is medicine. It is very important to people. And as gym operators, above all, we absolutely value the well-being of our communities."

He added that being in gyms was an "essential part of people's lives." "During these tough times, in this pandemic, we've got to keep gyms open -- people need that outlet and they need to stay healthy," he said.

Gyms are just one of many large facilities that have had to shut their doors amid the pandemic. The American Academy of Pediatrics has urged governments to reopen schools, for example, noting the importance of in-classroom learning.

While many have expressed reservations about allowing in-door gatherings, Zeitsiff argued that there wasn't any evidence that shows gyms are spreading COVID-19.

He alluded to a study cited by the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA), a trade association for commercial health clubs. The organization recently sent letters to every U.S. governor, outlining evidence they said showed the safety of reopening fitness facilities.

A press release from the group read: "In a survey consisting of 135 clubs with 3,443,123 total check-ins, fitness industry consultant, Blair McHaney of MXM/Medallia, reports that there were 0.004% of positive cases reported as of June 30." A Norwegian study similarly indicated gyms were relatively safe during the pandemic.

However, some experts have cautioned against returning to the gym.

"If it was someone in my family [who was high risk] I would suggest that they not go to a gym," Dr. Saadia Griffith-Howard, an infectious disease expert at Kaiser Permanente, reportedly said. Griffith-Howard added that gymgoers should assess their own risks and review gyms' safety measures.

"Are you seeing them regularly clean equipment? And are staff and other clients in the gym wearing a mask?" she asked, according to NPR.

Andy C

I have no problem wearing one even though it’s hard to breathe well due to asthma but I still wear one. My problem is for them to say, get use to it, it’s part of our culture now. But Im keeping my hopes in being raptured and gone before too long. If it wasn’t for my hope, all of these crazy things going on around us would likely take a toll on me.
Amen sister. Praying were gone, and wont know whats happening on earth, until the trib saints start showing up, perhaps telling us how bad it was.

As for mask wearing becoming the new normal for many years, I hope not, but could easily be.

Andy C

Gold's Gym CEO says people need an outlet during pandemic: 'Exercise is medicine'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/golds-gym-ceo-exercise-medicine

"We've got to keep gyms open -- people need that outlet and they need to stay healthy," he said.

Gold's Gym CEO Adam Zeitsiff argued that governments should allow gyms to reopen during the pandemic because they provide needed outlets and health benefits for Americans.

"We all came together as an industry and we've been working on this for months now. And we voluntarily shut our doors even before the mandates because we knew we had to do this for the betterment of humanity," Zeitsiff said on "Cavuto Live" Saturday.

"But we've been working for months to deliver strict sanitizing, cleaning, distancing guidelines and protocols to help keep our community safe. And to your point, exercising, it is medicine. It is very important to people. And as gym operators, above all, we absolutely value the well-being of our communities."

He added that being in gyms was an "essential part of people's lives." "During these tough times, in this pandemic, we've got to keep gyms open -- people need that outlet and they need to stay healthy," he said.

Gyms are just one of many large facilities that have had to shut their doors amid the pandemic. The American Academy of Pediatrics has urged governments to reopen schools, for example, noting the importance of in-classroom learning.

While many have expressed reservations about allowing in-door gatherings, Zeitsiff argued that there wasn't any evidence that shows gyms are spreading COVID-19.

He alluded to a study cited by the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA), a trade association for commercial health clubs. The organization recently sent letters to every U.S. governor, outlining evidence they said showed the safety of reopening fitness facilities.

A press release from the group read: "In a survey consisting of 135 clubs with 3,443,123 total check-ins, fitness industry consultant, Blair McHaney of MXM/Medallia, reports that there were 0.004% of positive cases reported as of June 30." A Norwegian study similarly indicated gyms were relatively safe during the pandemic.

However, some experts have cautioned against returning to the gym.

"If it was someone in my family [who was high risk] I would suggest that they not go to a gym," Dr. Saadia Griffith-Howard, an infectious disease expert at Kaiser Permanente, reportedly said. Griffith-Howard added that gymgoers should assess their own risks and review gyms' safety measures.

"Are you seeing them regularly clean equipment? And are staff and other clients in the gym wearing a mask?" she asked, according to NPR.
I agree, exercise is what has kept me somewhat sane during the last several months. I no longer go to my gym, but have managed to find enough equipment to have my own home gym - minus the fancy machines.

stillwaiting

I've never been on a clean commercial plane :eek They've all always been disgustingly filthy :puke
Just like the airport terminals :puke :puke :puke

Military aircraft are a whole different story. Either pretty much spotless, or full of blood/crud/mud. Do not :tape2 off the Crew Chief.
In the 1980s when cigarette smoking was banned on commercial flights some of the older aircraft with defective or worn cabin door seals started leaking cabin pressure. The nicotine residue formerly had behaved as a sealing agent for marginal seals.

Hidden

Fox News reporting a segment on increasing mask mandates in many states. A health “ expert” says that we have to get use to wearing masks and carrying them around like our cell phones because they are “going to become part of our culture”. That is insane!
Can't believe we've come to this point. It never crossed my mind that the last days controlling people would come in the form of bogus health advice.

DanLMP

I can understand both arguments in the debate.

For some the health issue is more important, for others the political issue is more important.

In my mind I am not convinced yet that these duck tape and bailing wire masks that many wear are doing anything except checking off a box.

My bigger concern is the camel/tent effect. Now that they have us conditioned to wear masks I'm waiting for the next item to come along in our conditioning.

The next flu season, if we are still here, will provide a lot more information on how serious "they" are in destroying the country.

stillwaiting

Sorry to bring masks back up but just a quick comment - I do hate wearing one and always feel foolish with it on, BUT... in Texas it’s mandatory now, and businesses are hardcore enforcing it. So even if I wanted to be a rebel and not wear one (and I literally only started wearing one on July 1 when the mandate went into effect), no one would let me inside their business. So I really have no choice. I console myself by the fact that I can now talk to myself without anyone noticing. :lol
Personally I have been referring to it as the The Great Harris County Beautification Act of Ought Twenty myself. :)

Encountered a non-mask wearer entering a store here Thursday. My second to last trip leaving my home was Tuesday morning a week ago. In June. I went to a nearby Walmart Supercenter during the early one hour per week special safe hour. Yet a global beverage vendor crowded me to a distance of 3 feet while inventorying product in a mini fridge next to the checkout station into his digital assistant. I eventually confronted him about it and he fled. One hour, one stinking HOUR per week, Nope. He walked an isle over and with a slacker store worker stood there gossiping about me while giving me the stink eye.

I just want to resupply paying in physical cash without running my own personal gauntlet of IEDs. (IDDs?? Improvised Disease Devices?!)

As far as I can calculate I die without a N95 mask. Almost 60 y/o with several underlying conditions. Strong as a horse otherwise. This is my new reality. I do nothing online in regards to commerce or purchases. My cash/check/retail store only world is, in fact, crashing. I have to personally brave the stores to resupply. Was unable to purchase something a month ago due to them not accepting cash. Hardly anyone practices social distancing out in these unincorporated areas. The police presence has dwindled.

Fortunately I have a small secluded sanctuary to retreat to. With a lowercase 's' shack. ;) Most of my days are low stress and very pleasant in fact. But going shopping feels more and more like a military mission into potentially lethal enemy territory. Now that I should expect roughly 25% of the people to be spreaders, given local positivity test rates, its a different animal from the good old 8-10% days. :(

Sometimes pretend I'm on an Away Team (original series old guy) and now it seems were orbiting a more infected planet at the moment. So am considering adding a face shield. And laying off kissing the green women. ;) Times are tough.

I've keyed in on the viral load concept. The fact that they mention both 6 feet distance and 15 minutes for contract tracing, but never seem to mention it in regards to meetings and gatherings or just the general means to avoid becoming infected. Why?? I have a 'controlled herd inoculation' (conspiracy?) theory. The important thing that I gleaned was that if I did not want to involuntarily participate in anything like that then I needed to keep my exposure to below 15 minutes if at all possible. So this has been my practice for months. As much as possible. Try to never allow excursions less than 3 days a apart as well. So no more than 30 minutes every 3 days. Generally much less than this.

I have not yet fully adapted to what may yet be my permanent future behavior requirements. I may be missing something?? But I don't think so.

All of this only makes the sure promise of One Fine Day... all the more precious.

Blessings and Mercy and Peace and Grace.