Coronavirus update

Cindy S.

Well, based on what happened with the rushed swine flu vaccine in the 70's I think it would be good to exercise caution. New things, whether tech, cars, vaccines always have that tweaking period of working out kinks and problems.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976_swine_flu_outbreak

In 1976, an outbreak of the swine flu, influenza A virus subtype H1N1 at Fort Dix, New Jersey caused one death, hospitalized 13, and led to a mass immunization program. After the program began, the vaccine was associated with an increase in reports of Guillain-Barré Syndrome, which can cause paralysis, respiratory arrest, and death. The immunization program was ended after approximately 25% of the population of the United States had been administered the vaccine.

Richard Krause, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseasesfrom 1975 to 1984, writes that the government response to the swine flu outbreak was considered to be too fast.....
I bought into that panic, stood in line at the mall a and got vaccinated with an air gun. I haven't had a vaccination since, I've never had a flu shot.

Andy C

Reborn to fly
I think Nancy would tear him apart.
I disagree. Mike is a very calming voice, one who commands respect. She would temper some of her comments. Plus, dont let his easy going leadership style fool you, he can fight just as well as any other politician when its needed. Mike has to play the role as the calm one in the administration to balance what often times comes from the President.

Andy C

Reborn to fly
Thought I would post this fact on the spread of the virus and hope is does not get buried to fast by the many memes.

In the USA
13 March - total cases - 2,289 Total deaths 50
12 days later - 25 March. Total cases 68,211 . Total deaths 1,027
Remember - the majority of the new cases are in NY, but NJ, CA, WA, and especially Louisiana are rapidly increasing.

Last edited:

Kaatje

Listening for that trumpet sound
Thought I would post this fact on the spread of the virus and hope is does not get buried to fast by the many memes and other comments.

In the USA
Remember - the majority of the new cases are in NY, but NJ, CA, WA, and especially Louisiana are rapidly increasing.
Yes it is spreading like wildfire.

12h ago total confirmed cases worldwide: 441.187 And now: 487.648.
That is a 10% increase in just 12 hours!

Kaatje

Listening for that trumpet sound

Andy C

Reborn to fly
I follow the John Hopkins CCSSE and have made a picture every day of the totals.
Astonishing how exponentional the amounts of cases and deaths increase.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Eta: and we see not nearly the real numbers, because not everybody can be tested.
If today is like yesterday in the USA when we had 13,000 new cases, we will pass China and probably Italy also, and have the most cases in the world.

penbrat

I heard Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reiley (sp) speculating on Hannity's radio show yesterday that they think Andrew Cuomo is setting himself up to somehow get the democratic nod for president this year and go against Trump as Biden continues to falter. (Not sure how he could do this but their speculation was interesting)

JoyJoyJoy

I heard Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reiley (sp) speculating on Hannity's radio show yesterday that they think Andrew Cuomo is setting himself up to somehow get the democratic nod for president this year and go against Trump as Biden continues to falter. (Not sure how he could do this but their speculation was interesting)
It's amazing how he is getting so much sir time on Fox and just repeating the same thing day after day. And people are loving it!! I, too, have heard him being touted as 'Presidential'.

FaithnHope

Thought I would post this fact on the spread of the virus and hope is does not get buried to fast by the many memes.

In the USA
Maybe we need another thread for the memes? These are the first numbers I’ve seen in days. Thank you, Andy. So we are increasing exponentially each day? That explains why we are locked down now. People here sure weren’t taking it serious. The next 2 weeks might be pretty awful. We need to keep praying for the Lord to end this virus.

InsuranceGuy

These numbers keep rising, but so many people still dont take this seriously. It flat out makes me mad when I hear people ask if this is a hoax (I was asked my opinion on this yesterday) or if it is not that serious and is being overblown by the media. Some people still don't understand the severity of what is happening, or they simply are ignoring it. The refusal of some folks to stay home, when ordered, shows a person's serious lack of love & respect for everyone else.

FaithnHope

These numbers keep rising, but so many people still dont take this seriously. It flat out makes me mad when I hear people ask if this is a hoax (I was asked my opinion on this yesterday) or if it is not that serious and is being overblown by the media. Some people still don't understand the severity of what is happening, or they simply are ignoring it. The refusal of some folks to stay home, when ordered, shows a person's serious lack of love & respect for everyone else.
You are right, Dan. The constant media hype has made people skeptical at the worst possible time. We have stayed home for 2 weeks now except to pickup 1 grocery order and my medication. I don’t understand the selfishness.

Andy C

Reborn to fly
In a contested convention, where neither Biden or Bernie has enough delegates, Cuomo could then get voted in by the states electors. Its a long shot, but you can bet the party will try. Biden is losing it mentally sadly, right in front of the cameras.

Andy C

Reborn to fly
Maybe we need another thread for the memes? These are the first numbers I’ve seen in days. Thank you, Andy. So we are increasing exponentially each day? That explains why we are locked down now. People here sure weren’t taking it serious. The next 2 weeks might be pretty awful. We need to keep praying for the Lord to end this virus.
I agree. The memes are funny, but they bury other posts, so maybe IMO, post them in the jokes section.

FaithnHope

In a contested convention, where neither Biden or Bernie has enough delegates, Cuomo could then get voted in by the states electors. Its a long shot, but you can bet the party will try. Biden is losing it mentally sadly, right in front of the cameras.
It is very sad to watch. Why don’t those who love him pull him off the trail? I would never let my husband be out and about like that. He needs care not campaigning.