Converting old VHS tapes to DVD

Discussion in 'Electronics, Computers & Webpage Questions' started by Luke12, Apr 17, 2019 at 9:09 AM.

1. Luke12

Luke12 Well-Known Member

Anybody know the best way to do this without buying expensive equipment ?
    Can I just run the output of the VCR player into the computer and write it on a blank DVD ?

I know I can go to a place that does this but I wanted to do it the cheapest way possible...…
    Thanks in advance...….. Bill

2. Jan51

Jan51 Well-Known Member

We have a VCR/DVD player, you just dub it from one side to the other.

Luke12 likes this.
  3. Tall Timbers

Tall Timbers Imperfect but forgiven

If you do a search for vhs to dvd converter you'll find some device where you hook up your vhs to the computer and run it. I've done it before, but not in a very long time. I've still got some conversions I want to do...

Luke12 likes this.
  4. Almost Heaven

Almost Heaven Well-Known Member

I leave my conversions to professionals. They don't charge much and they add music and titles and do a little editing to make them look much better than just copying them.

Luke12 likes this.
  5. greg64

greg64 Well-Known Member

For about $13, I bought a usb capture card on Amazon. Hook the composite or s-video side to your device and the usb side plugs in normally to your computer. It came with some basic software. I'm using it to get video off an old vhs-c camcorder and onto my computer to burn a dvd.

mattfivefour and Luke12 like this.
  6. Luke12

Luke12 Well-Known Member

Thanks again for these replies..... I'm probly just gonna go drop them off at a place that does these....