Contraceptive Pill for Men Nears Reality After Major Breakthrough

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
:hmmm

Contraceptive Pill for Men Nears Reality After Major Breakthrough​

By Andy Corbley
Apr 21, 2023

"A ground-breaking contraceptive pill for men could be just around the corner after scientists identified a gene tha0,t once removed, temporarily renders sperm infertile.
The potentially historic breakthrough contraceptive pill would also have no hormonal side effects and could be additionally used on animals to quell overpopulation and replace castrations.
The research team discovered a protein encoded by this gene, found solely in the testicular tissue of most mammals, which reduced sperm counts and deformed remaining sperm to make them incapable of fertilizing an egg when altered.
Crucially, and exactly like the female contraceptive pill, the destabilization of the infertility protein is not permanent, meaning sperm will recover once the person or animal stops taking the pills."

More
https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/contraceptive-pill-for-men-nears-reality-after-major-breakthrough/

MapleLeaf

Well that would be a much more ethical pill than the one for women if it works. No abortifacient effects there.
And probably wreak just as much havoc on their hormonal systems, increase infertility and risk of stroke. I'm pretty much against all hormonal interference at this point. My mom was obsessed with my sister and I and our "not normal" cycles so she let the doctor put us on the pill at very young ages. I hated how I felt on them so I routinely stopped taking them or throwing them into the trash but I was YOUNG while on them. I went on them again when I was first married and found one I felt fine on while on them, but when we wanted to have kids the coming off was terrible, terrible. And they never worked to fix the problems I was having in the first place.

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
And probably wreak just as much havoc on their hormonal systems, increase infertility and risk of stroke. I'm pretty much against all hormonal interference at this point. My mom was obsessed with my sister and I and our "not normal" cycles so she let the doctor put us on the pill at very young ages. I hated how I felt on them so I routinely stopped taking them or throwing them into the trash but I was YOUNG while on them. I went on them again when I was first married and found one I felt fine on while on them, but when we wanted to have kids the coming off was terrible, terrible. And they never worked to fix the problems I was having in the first place.
The point of it is it doesn't affect hormones. They tried a hormonal one for men and men wouldn't have it because they couldn't stand the side effects. So it got canned after the trial.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
Well that would be a much more ethical pill than the one for women if it works. No abortifacient effects there.
I don’t mean to go off topic, but if a woman has taken the pill for say, 20 years, I wonder what are the chances that she had an unknown abortion?

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
I don’t mean to go off topic, but if a woman has taken the pill for say, 20 years, I wonder what are the chances that she had an unknown abortion?
High. Primarily the pill works by stopping ovulation. But it also thins the lining of the womb so if it fails prevent ovulation and fertilisation does occur there's a high chance that the fertilised egg will fail to implant.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
High. Primarily the pill works by stopping ovulation. But it also thins the lining of the womb so if it fails prevent ovulation and fertilisation does occur there's a high chance that the fertilised egg will fail to implant.
WOW. Most women have absolutely no idea of this…

And it means she likely has a child in Heaven, perhaps multiple children in Heaven, whose existence she is not even aware of, at least not yet…

liv4Him

Son, Husband, Dad, Neighbor
Because every time the "scientists"
Say something is safe with no adverse effect is 100% true.

We can all trust big pharma right?

Back