computer/ technology guy from UK here to say hello and exchange ideas.

techguy

a little about me

I'm an IT guy - I program computers, every passing year I see them get faster. From teenage years I have been a Christian. I'm passionate about technology , and it's potential, but I also see a modern day tower of babel emerging. We lift our heads to the sky ,and we think we can do anything, this is where God steps in.

I'm excited by the age of technology. I cannot believe the explosion in intelligence, as it is becoming exponential. When it becomes vertical, then perhaps, we see the technological singularity. While I am fairly convinced this is possible in a Godless world, I am also sure that at this time or before God will step in and scatter this super intelligence. I think I'll be posting a lot on the technological side in these forums but I am also interested in prophecy, and other signs of the end of the age.

The other thing that excites me and also makes me fearful - the world is polarising. Everyone has a side now that they didn't have 10 years ago. More and more I find myself witnessing to people I know - whereas 10 years ago I would have perhaps not done that. This is because I feel I must start standing up and being counted for my Lord. Just as others are so obviously doing in the opposite direction - the biggest indicator I see in UK society is the propagation of Godless ideas and ideals, it's so widespread in the media , it can literally be taken as a call to arms by the enemy. I know why he's doing this, his time is short. It's my responsibility as someone aligned to the true Lord, to speak out for the righteous one.

I'm here to learn, to exchange ideas, to talk about what we may see pass in our lifetimes. I'm as fearful as I am excited. And I think that interpretation needs to be rooted in sense and reason, not fear - it is all to easy to make links and counter links - I heard somewhere 10 years ago that barcodes were the enemy and encoding 666, I believe that is divisive, almost a "win the game any way he can" tactic by satan ie. sew fear here there and if it's right or not and if it's truthful or lie, the desired outcome is achieved which is fearful Christians!; I'm not worried about bar codes, I'm worried about the polarisation of the world's people and the obvious upping of the tempo in the last 20 years

All the best.
TechGuy.

Last edited:

BUTTERFLY

:hat: Hi Tech Guy!

Nice to meet you. I loved reading your post, I feel the same way as you and the more I think about it the craziest it seems.

We have my age group for example of face book they will post Godly quotes and spiritual truths ..who knows if they are saved.

My kids in their 20s now blaspheme Our God with thinking they are Gods of this world with their knowledge and technology.

I was really interested in what you have to say because I have been examining what seems like a phenomena of a Godless generation. My children were raised in church and are lost today.

Anyways please share your prospective point of view I am sure you much to teach us!

Nice to meet you!
Darla

iSong6:3

:wave. Welcome to RF, techguy!

I'm the least tech savvy person you've ever met so I'll have to sit those conversations out. But I understood :hehheh the rest of what you said and agree with you. I believe there has been a definite polarization that has been going on for a while, one toward darkness and the other toward light. It will continue until the Trib when every single person's choice will be most stark: choose God or satan. Excellent that you're witnessing for the Lord.

There are great threads here with discussions sharing information and thoughts among the brethren. Looking forward to your participation, and glad you're here.

David_A_Reed

Come, Lord Jesus!
Welcome, TechGuy! I'm one, too -- "software engineer" in my day job. But I also research and write on the cults and on end times prophecy. So these different areas can be combined in one mind.

You will find many here who love the real Jesus -- the one in the Bible, as opposed to the 'Jesus' of popular culture. He is coming again!

David

techguy

:hat: Hi Tech Guy!

Nice to meet you. I loved reading your post, I feel the same way as you and the more I think about it the craziest it seems.

We have my age group for example of face book they will post Godly quotes and spiritual truths ..who knows if they are saved.

My kids in their 20s now blaspheme Our God with thinking they are Gods of this world with their knowledge and technology.

I was really interested in what you have to say because I have been examining what seems like a phenomena of a Godless generation. My children were raised in church and are lost today.

Anyways please share your prospective point of view I am sure you much to teach us!

Nice to meet you!
Darla
and you Darla

sometimes I think - rebellion skips a generation with no better reason than to hide behind being different, because we are trying to outclass our parents, or at least , make good on our perception of their mistakes, and it's a little with irony because in doing the opposite we're really actually doing the same, we're making out our lives separate to our parents, we don't realise that God is the third party here and in each case it is about relationship with God, and that God can have an individual relationship with parents, with children, and with their children.

I was brought up in the church - I rebelled badly - I came back, and now I will tell anyone that will listen to me I am a Christian. But my siblings had the same upbringing and as direct result they are quite anti Christian. They seek out to do the opposite of their parents who they think made all the mistakes. and yeah my parents made loads of mistakes - I made a whole load more, but if there is one thing I keep coming back to it's the experience I had when I became a Christian - I'm lucky that way because then I can look at the deal being between me and God alone- and only me, so no matter what my parents did, or didn't do, it's irrelevant , just as how they think of me is irrelevant, I'm pleased they think I'm doing well but my Christianity I found myself , and I remember it like yesterday. Every time I doubt God, I just have to remember that one experience, and for that I am blessed, and I just needed one experience!

It saddens me the way this psychology runs, because for example, the children of alcoholics are often tee totallers refusing to take a drink, I can think of worse things to be.. - but likewise often I see the children of Christians are anti Christian - what's happened there is they've thrown out the baby with the bath water, they're being different, that need to be different is valid, but it's the same God - different relationships. They connect God with parents, God is with us, all of us, individually.

I think the best I can do for my siblings (and I do this a lot) is ask them how am I a Christian when I had my parent's brand of Christianity every bit as harsh as they did? - surely I would have turned away too like they did but I did and then I didn't - I tell them this is because it was a separate deal. God found me, and on matter what my parents did or didn't do, I remember it. I really really hope your kids have one experience, it is all they will ever need

all best
TechGuy

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to this part of the family of God, Techguy. RF is truly a fellowship. Glad you have joined us. We have a number of software engineers, IT guys, etc as members. I am sure you will have a lot in common with them. But you have Christ in common with each one of us, so I look forward to fellowshipping with you online.

techguy

Welcome, TechGuy! I'm one, too -- "software engineer" in my day job. But I also research and write on the cults and on end times prophecy. So these different areas can be combined in one mind.

You will find many here who love the real Jesus -- the one in the Bible, as opposed to the 'Jesus' of popular culture. He is coming again!

David
good on you David - it's great to see intelligent people here who have a belief greater than 0's and 1's!

it seems the more into it I go the more I realise there was a creator , and that one day he will call time on this - I know enough to scare the heck out of me, but what keeps me sane is to realise that no matter how this thing creeps up and no matter what designs it may have, one day every knee will bow at the feet of the Lord - and if we( via machine technology or otherwise) get ideas above our station, God will intervene, because as a race, in our ambition to become Gods, we haven't changed much since Adam, we have just changed the way we go about things, but the same pride and rebellion drives us now as it drove Adam then, the internet being the modern day tree of knowledge- the explosion of intelligence, the coming of the Lord to say I am master, not mankind.

Best regards
TechGuy

livingskies

I have really enjoyed reading your posts! You have a unique perspective and have a lot to offer our body! Just as God did not all make us noses, we each have our part to play in bringing fullness to the body! Welcome!