Compromise

Pat

WHAT mATTERS - COMPROMISE​

One day soon, the church, the body of Christ, which includes all those who have received eternal life through trusting in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus, will be caught up together to heaven for the marriage supper of the Lamb.[1] This marriage celebration of Jesus and His bride (us) will last for seven years and culminate in our return to earth with Him at the end of the great tribulation period. It will be a time of perfect unity with one another in Christ. All the mysteries will be made known to us, and all the things we had questions about will be answered. As Paul said in Ephesians 4:13, it is when we will have “all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.” We will be one with Him.

Until that time comes, we are told to walk like Jesus walked, in humility, and meekness, and patience with one another.[2] We are to never compromise in sharing the gospel, but we are not to argue about other things that divide people: politics, race, or government mandates, “…forbearing one another in love.”[3] Do you know what that means and what that looks like? It means not thinking of yourself more highly than you ought,[4] but remembering that other people have just as strong opinions about issues as you do, and that they might be right! So, swallow your pride, acknowledge that you don’t know everything about any issue, and pretend that maybe they do. Forbearing in love, means allowing others to be wrong without you telling them that they are, and that you don’t have to prove to them why you are right. You are to love them, not necessarily their opinions.

As we approach the time of year when families gather for holiday celebrations, let us set aside the things that 100 (or even 10) years from now won’t make any difference. Jesus didn’t force anyone to think like Him, He just acted like Himself and trusted His Father. What matters is, we should do the same: act like Him and trust Our Father. “Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”[5]

[1] 1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 19:9
[2] Ephesians 4:1-2a
[3] Ephesians 4:2b
[4] Romans 12:3
[5] Ephesians 4:3

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
WHAT mATTERS - COMPROMISE​

One day soon, the church, the body of Christ, which includes all those who have received eternal life through trusting in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus, will be caught up together to heaven for the marriage supper of the Lamb.[1] This marriage celebration of Jesus and His bride (us) will last for seven years and culminate in our return to earth with Him at the end of the great tribulation period. It will be a time of perfect unity with one another in Christ. All the mysteries will be made known to us, and all the things we had questions about will be answered. As Paul said in Ephesians 4:13, it is when we will have “all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ.” We will be one with Him.

Until that time comes, we are told to walk like Jesus walked, in humility, and meekness, and patience with one another.[2] We are to never compromise in sharing the gospel, but we are not to argue about other things that divide people: politics, race, or government mandates, “…forbearing one another in love.”[3] Do you know what that means and what that looks like? It means not thinking of yourself more highly than you ought,[4] but remembering that other people have just as strong opinions about issues as you do, and that they might be right! So, swallow your pride, acknowledge that you don’t know everything about any issue, and pretend that maybe they do. Forbearing in love, means allowing others to be wrong without you telling them that they are, and that you don’t have to prove to them why you are right. You are to love them, not necessarily their opinions.

As we approach the time of year when families gather for holiday celebrations, let us set aside the things that 100 (or even 10) years from now won’t make any difference. Jesus didn’t force anyone to think like Him, He just acted like Himself and trusted His Father. What matters is, we should do the same: act like Him and trust Our Father. “Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”[5]

[1] 1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 19:9
[2] Ephesians 4:1-2a
[3] Ephesians 4:2b
[4] Romans 12:3
[5] Ephesians 4:3

Great post! These are some things God has been working with me on these last few years with family and friends during such tumultuous times.
Over and over I had to redirect my thoughts, words and focus asking myself, what's most important? The Gospel, the Gospel and the Gospel! For me that meant not responding to certain political talk or that which I may not agree with, or simply acknowledge what I do agree with and shift the conversation. Sure I had my moments of weakness, but they were learning moments for me.

I'm so very glad God worked with me on this! This has really helped in pointing to Christ and people willing to hear about Jesus. Hey, if I have to stay quiet on some things to keep open doors to hearts in hearing about Jesus, that is so worth it!

Although, there are times where I've felt led to speak up it's very prayerfully seeking God's leading.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
As we approach the time of year when families gather for holiday celebrations, let us set aside the things that 100 (or even 10) years from now won’t make any difference. Jesus didn’t force anyone to think like Him, He just acted like Himself and trusted His Father. What matters is, we should do the same: act like Him and trust Our Father. “Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”
After reading this excellent article by Pat, I hit 100% as my reaction. I also wanted to hit the button that indicates 'love' for a post. I may email this. It's very good and could use some wider coverage.