Coming market crash

Terry

My brother happened to be one of those people writing code several years ago. He wrote the code for Volant Trading company and got their trading speed down to nanoseconds.

What really happens on Wall Street is more in-depth than the average person ever understands...
I have been a day trader since retiring in 2003. I am in contact with many other traders and analysts. The machines that do most (70%) of trading could trigger a flash crash before the emotional humans can react. So it might be day 2 when the terrified humans try to sell.... Big government money will might be trying to save the market, depending on what the unseen rulers really want at the time. Glad God has taken fear out of my being!

kathymendel

I want to believe that because Jesus said He would come when He is least expected - that life will be going on as usual, as in Noah's day - that hopefully, this crash will happen AFTER the rapture. However, I DO KNOW that whatever my future holds here, God will be with me through it all. He will provide, as He always has in the past. So, I just can't worry about it.......... I won't worry about it. I agree that gold and silver will be worthless then, as it is mentioned in the bible that at that time, men will be pushing their wheelbarrows of gold and silver around and crying because it won't do them any good.

athenasius

Jesus said He would come when He is least expected - that life will be going on as usual, as in Noah's day
SUPER important idea there. This reference is here and here:
Luke 17:26-29 King James Version (KJV)
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

Matthew 24:36-39 King James Version (KJV)
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

These are 2 parallel passages that give details of that time. There are bits surrounding the Luke passage that speak to this being at the time of the Rapture but MATTHEW in Mt 24:36 tells us it's Rapture by the fact that nobody knows this day or hour.

For the Tribulation believers, even if they missed the signing of the covenant, they have another time reference from the Middle of the Trib pointing to the Abomination of Desolation when the AC sits down in the rebuilt Temple, pretending to be God. From EITHER time they can exactly calculate when Jesus will appear at the end of the Tribulation. So this is NOT aimed at those believers of that time.

It is OUR time, before the Rapture.

Another clue is in the focus on feasting, marriage, planting and building and doing business-- buying and selling.

no matter how you slice and dice it, those activities will be down to zero, zip, zilch in the days and hours before the Lord appears to end the Tribulation.

SO with that out of the way, grabbing firm hold of these 2 passages--

they give us a SOLID clue about economic conditions JUST PRIOR TO THE RAPTURE.

Now that said, of COURSE there will be the usual nations experiencing famine, economic chaos, plague and poverty. THAT IS A CHARACTERISTIC OF THE ENTIRE CHURCH AGE. No change there, so this IS NOT SAYING that all Christians everywhere will be in good economic health.

(Nor is it saying that America will be having a good time, but I will say that it does fit something like a Trump situation where economics are on the upturn and it's good times had by all the ignorant, is a lot like what we see today. WE SEE THE DAY APPROACHING. They don't.)

What it DOES say however is that the WORLD economy will be going gangbusters and that might mean that the BIG KAHUNA, the MOTHER OF ALL GLOBAL CRASHES is held back till the day we (like Noah and Lot) are removed, and the Restrainer is removed from the midst as Paul explains in 2 Thess 2: 1-12 here and I include down to v 12 because that last half is a snapshot of what it will be like when we leave and the AC is revealed.

It will be a time when the enemy has a short time, he knows that. But the AC won't yet realize that. It will be extremely frustrating to the AC and the globalists that just when they get the pesky Christians out of their hair, all of a sudden the very lawlessness they encourage comes to full bloom and they'll have a LOT on their hands, not just a global crash but wars, chaos etc. All their chickens will be coming home to roost, and the good side of having Christians around, like salt, to preserve society thru the action of the Holy Spirit, will be gone and the SPEED of the descent into chaos and destruction will be hard for them to manage, but they will. It's this sort of chaos, in which the AC will arise with a plan to help everyone out.

2 Thessalonians 2 New International Version (NIV)
The Man of Lawlessness
2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Last edited:

Work4Peanuts

Gold and Silver will be worthless in the Trib. If the market crashes at the beginning of the Trib, or just preceding it (but after the Rapture), heirloom seeds for those left behind is a very good idea. People trying to live for the Lord during that time will need to live completely off the grid. Seeds will help them as much as anything. Food without taking the MOTB will be hard to come by.
You are assuming that they won't be so fugitive that they will be able to stay in one place and garden. I'm not so sure of that. It might be more like the underground railroad where they have to keep moving to evade capture.

InsuranceGuy

You are assuming that they won't be so fugitive that they will be able to stay in one place and garden. I'm not so sure of that. It might be more like the underground railroad where they have to keep moving to evade capture.
You may be correct. Even if they couldn't stay in an area, it shouldn't be difficult to find a piece of land with nobody around and plant seeds. There will be far fewer people around, but I guess another issue could be finding non-contaminated soil. You wouldn't need to live where you plant though. Plant, come back only to weed, water and harvest. lol Now I'm wondering how the soil will be though..... If there is a massive nuclear war, topsoil could become really rare, maybe worth as much as Silver.

athenasius

God will have a way of keeping those ones alive that He wants to repopulate the Earth and taking care of others till their time for martyrdom is at hand. And for some of them I think He will lead them to supplies cached ahead of time by others gone ahead in the Rapture.

Last edited:

InsuranceGuy

God will have a way of keeping those ones alive that He wants to repopulate the Earth and taking care of others till their time for martyrdom is at hand. And for some of them I think He will lead them to supplies cached ahead of time by others gone ahead in the Rapture.

This is very logical. I know many people who are preppers, yet Christians. Their supplies will be left behind when they are raptured. I'm sure there will be rooms of foods and useful goods for those left behind all over the world. A decade ago, survivalists were certain a civil war was coming. They bought guns, ammo, food, water, survival gear; tents, backpacks, water purification tablets, batteries, flashlights, clothing, sleeping bags, etc. etc.. Those will be useful for the folks who come to Christ after the rapture. At the time, I recall people saying it showed a lack of faith in the Lord providing by stocking up on so much. My take was, and still is, God may have been using that time to fill homes around the world with the necessary items his people will need to survive the coming crisis. I never thought it was a lack of faith, but maybe something more along the lines of the people being pushed by an unseen force to prepare. I was one of those people. I have an entire room filled with things an entire group of people would need to survive. You name it and I have it. I've always thought at some point, it will be used by those that need it, not necessarily by me.

Lookingup83

This is very logical. I know many people who are preppers, yet Christians. Their supplies will be left behind when they are raptured. I'm sure there will be rooms of foods and useful goods for those left behind all over the world. A decade ago, survivalists were certain a civil war was coming. They bought guns, ammo, food, water, survival gear; tents, backpacks, water purification tablets, batteries, flashlights, clothing, sleeping bags, etc. etc.. Those will be useful for the folks who come to Christ after the rapture. At the time, I recall people saying it showed a lack of faith in the Lord providing by stocking up on so much. My take was, and still is, God may have been using that time to fill homes around the world with the necessary items his people will need to survive the coming crisis. I never thought it was a lack of faith, but maybe something more along the lines of the people being pushed by an unseen force to prepare. I was one of those people. I have an entire room filled with things an entire group of people would need to survive. You name it and I have it. I've always thought at some point, it will be used by those that need it, not necessarily by me.
I agree brother. There has been a pull in my spirit to stock up for those left behind too. Whomever finds it will get a nice headstart to getting through the tribulation, and plenty of information too!

InsuranceGuy

I agree brother. There has been a pull in my spirit to stock up for those left behind too. Whomever finds it will get a nice headstart to getting through the tribulation, and plenty of information too!

Back around 2009 or so, it seemed like blasphemy to prepare. I know I took some serious heat from people for doing so. That said, Between the Bibles and literally years worth of food stocked, someone may come to Christ because of this. I'm happy to hear you have done the same. God will not let it go to waste. If he prompted people to stock up, he did it because he will lead others there. Just my thoughts.

LisaJoe1986

Back around 2009 or so, it seemed like blasphemy to prepare. I know I took some serious heat from people for doing so. That said, Between the Bibles and literally years worth of food stocked, someone may come to Christ because of this. I'm happy to hear you have done the same. God will not let it go to waste. If he prompted people to stock up, he did it because he will lead others there. Just my thoughts.
From the looks of things, a lot of wood and a way to burn it to keep warm may be what people need if Jesus comes soon. This cold weather in November is crazy. We didn't even have time to get our pool closed, as we were just in it 5 weeks ago. We have a lot of wood stocked up and a wonderful woodstove. I have also been buying extra canned goods. All this with the mindset that it may not be us that uses all of it! Our clean pool water might be a nice resource too! Do you have a water purification device in your supplies? I have really hoped that of the rapture happens, that one of my unsaved family members would come out and use our home. They all live in the city.

A question for you wise people. My husband and I made choices to keep me home and we homeschooled our kids. We got a late start to saving for retirement and have not paid off our mortgage yet. With the news of the market crashing soon, I am wondering if it makes more sense to remove part of our retirement and pay the mortgage off? We have extremely low interest on our mortgage, and I know that the interest we are earning on investments is greater, but I would like to have a place to live if Jesus doesn't come soon and the economy crashes. Any wisdom you can offer would be appreciated.

Last edited:

InsuranceGuy

From the looks of things, a lot of wood and a way to burn it to keep warm may be what people need if Jesus comes soon. This cold weather in November is crazy. We didn't even have time to get our pool closed, as we were just in it 5 weeks ago. We have a lot of wood stocked up and a wonderful woodstove. I have also been buying extra canned goods. All this with the mindset that it may not be us that uses all of it! Our clean pool water might be a nice resource too! Do you have a water purification device in your supplies? I have really hoped that of the rapture happens, that one of my unsaved family members would come out and use our home. They all live in the city.

A question for you wise people. My husband and I made choices to keep me home and we homeschooled our kids. We got a late start to saving for retirement and have not paid off our mortgage yet. With the news of the market crashing soon, I am wondering if it makes more sense to remove part of our retirement and pay the mortgage off? We have extremely low interest on our mortgage, and I know that the interest we are earning on investments is greater, but I would like to have a place to live if Jesus doesn't come soon and the economy crashes. Any wisdom you can offer would be appreciated.

I have water purification tablets. A bottle or two of them, but also have something stupid, like 40 cases of bottled water on hand, as well.

As for retirement advice. I believe we're told to live like we would if he were not coming back so soon. So make your decisions as if you are going to be here for a while is my thought. Personally, I'd rather have my mortgage paid off than have extra money aside for retirement. Once the home is paid for, it's yours. You could lose your retirement in a month, like many did in '08. I am most certainly not the person to answer a question such as this, but it would be my personal choice.

FaithnHope

We are in the same situation due to homeschooling too but don’t have enough in retirement to pay it off anyway. So, if the Lord wants it paid off He will provide. Otherwise, we just keep making extra payments in the hopes of actually being able to retire if we need to. Either way the Lord will provide. I lean on Isaiah 46:4 “Even to your old age, I am He, And even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; Even I will carry, and will deliver you.” NKJ

JamesSuth

SUPER important idea there. This reference is here and here:
Luke 17:26-29 King James Version (KJV)
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

Matthew 24:36-39 King James Version (KJV)
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

These are 2 parallel passages that give details of that time. There are bits surrounding the Luke passage that speak to this being at the time of the Rapture but MATTHEW in Mt 24:36 tells us it's Rapture by the fact that nobody knows this day or hour.

For the Tribulation believers, even if they missed the signing of the covenant, they have another time reference from the Middle of the Trib pointing to the Abomination of Desolation when the AC sits down in the rebuilt Temple, pretending to be God. From EITHER time they can exactly calculate when Jesus will appear at the end of the Tribulation. So this is NOT aimed at those believers of that time.

It is OUR time, before the Rapture.

Another clue is in the focus on feasting, marriage, planting and building and doing business-- buying and selling.

no matter how you slice and dice it, those activities will be down to zero, zip, zilch in the days and hours before the Lord appears to end the Tribulation.

SO with that out of the way, grabbing firm hold of these 2 passages--

they give us a SOLID clue about economic conditions JUST PRIOR TO THE RAPTURE.

Now that said, of COURSE there will be the usual nations experiencing famine, economic chaos, plague and poverty. THAT IS A CHARACTERISTIC OF THE ENTIRE CHURCH AGE. No change there, so this IS NOT SAYING that all Christians everywhere will be in good economic health.

(Nor is it saying that America will be having a good time, but I will say that it does fit something like a Trump situation where economics are on the upturn and it's good times had by all the ignorant, is a lot like what we see today. WE SEE THE DAY APPROACHING. They don't.)

What it DOES say however is that the WORLD economy will be going gangbusters and that might mean that the BIG KAHUNA, the MOTHER OF ALL GLOBAL CRASHES is held back till the day we (like Noah and Lot) are removed, and the Restrainer is removed from the midst as Paul explains in 2 Thess 2: 1-12 here and I include down to v 12 because that last half is a snapshot of what it will be like when we leave and the AC is revealed.

It will be a time when the enemy has a short time, he knows that. But the AC won't yet realize that. It will be extremely frustrating to the AC and the globalists that just when they get the pesky Christians out of their hair, all of a sudden the very lawlessness they encourage comes to full bloom and they'll have a LOT on their hands, not just a global crash but wars, chaos etc. All their chickens will be coming home to roost, and the good side of having Christians around, like salt, to preserve society thru the action of the Holy Spirit, will be gone and the SPEED of the descent into chaos and destruction will be hard for them to manage, but they will. It's this sort of chaos, in which the AC will arise with a plan to help everyone out.

2 Thessalonians 2 New International Version (NIV)
The Man of Lawlessness
2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.
You have explained this better than I could! If have been thinking a very similar thing. Jesus said that He would come when we least expect it (Luke 12:40), and part of that is probably that we will be experiencing great economic times. I remember around the time of the credit crunch many Christians (including me) were thinking this is it, the big crash. But I do believe now that the global crash is being held back, by miracle alone, until after the rapture. Despite more and more debt, and conditions ripe for a crash like the world has never known, it is held back, and my personal opinion is that this may coincide with the rapture, ie be just after it. It could even be that the rapture is the trigger that sets off the crash. Millions missing would create a loss of confidence in economies and that is all it would take. Interesting times indeed.

athenasius

Great thread. I am a stock broker. I think the only thing holding off the market crash is God.
YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

I was just over in the Gog Mag area of RF, talking about this again, I'm just going to copy and paste what I said there because it applies in this context here too:

Things just get weirder and more supernatural and less like the normal laws of physics or economics the closer we get to the Rapture.

(we see it as we marvel at Israeli politics, the war in the Middle East that Iran and so many others are working towards, yet failing to start)

If you ever watch or read a little about astronomy you've probably heard of black holes and that weird "Event Horizon" where the normal laws of time and physics don't apply any more.

We are approaching the Event Horizon of Bible Prophecy just before the End of the END of the Church Age.

You can see the impossibility of things continuing as they are, yet they stretch out to impossibility in the normal way of looking.

that is TERRIFYING if people don't have the reassurance of prophecy in Scripture which is why a lot of Christians, and most of the rest of the world are in such a state of denial.

They are TERRIFIED. Of the financial crisis looming like a storm on that event horizon, of the climate change they worry about! (wait till the tribulation gets going, and boy they won't fuss about carbon units or carbon offsets, they'll be saying to the rocks and hills, HIDE US FROM THE WRATH OF THE LAMB!)

But even us, as we wait for the Rapture, we know these things must come to pass but the storms we see building on the horizon are terrifying to us too.

As Paul reminded the Thessalonians who were in a similar state of terror brought on by false teachers said in 2 Thessalonians 2: 1-12 We are not here for the coming of the lawless one. The Restrainer (the Holy Spirit working thru the church) restrains not just the appearing of the lawless one, but the "SECRET POWER OF LAWLESSNESS" which is already at work.

I think in all these things, whether it is the coming economic storm or the tide of abortions or the grooming of toddlers and small children by pedophiles and homosexuals, we see this secret power of lawlessness at work. But it is restrained by the Holy Spirit and yet we see that restraint being lifted enough in this time of preparation before the Tribulation to allow the evil actors to take their places. I hope this is a comfort. I know you know all this, but I bring in even the simpler points of God's Restraints on this present evil to comfort those younger Christians who read these forums and might be even more fearful of what is happening.

The Man of Lawlessness
2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.