Colorado Supreme Court disqualifies Trump from holding office

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Colorado Supreme Court disqualifies Trump from holding office
The ruling makes Trump the first presidential candidate in US history to be deemed ineligible for the White House under a rarely used provision of the US Constitution.
By REUTERS

The Colorado Supreme Court on Tuesday disqualified former President Donald Trump from the ballot in the state’s presidential election next year over his role in the January 6, 2021 attack on the US Capitol by his supporters.

The ruling makes Trump the first presidential candidate in US history to be deemed ineligible for the White House under a rarely used provision of the US Constitution that bars officials who have engaged in “insurrection or rebellion” from holding office.

The court concluded that the US Constitution bars the frontrunner for the Republican nomination in 2024 from appearing on the ballot because of his role instigating violence against the US government.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-778766

Carl

Wouldn't stop his run except in Colorado. So would lose the 9 electoral votes.

• Thank you
Reactions: Len

jab777

No big deal, is it? Trump wasn't going to win the State anyway.
In all likelihood Trump wouldn’t win Colorado but what this move does is embolden more states to do the same thing. Things are getting so bad on multiple fronts that it won’t be long before the left comes out via the democrat party and announce we are now a communist country. They’ve pretty much destroyed the Constitution and the Bill of Rights at the most. At the least they are running the country with no reference to either document. There are 2 quotes that stick in my mind as we go through the devolution of our constitutional republic. From John Adams:“This Constitution is only for a righteous and religious people. It is wholly unsuited to any other.” From Nikita Khrushchev to the US: “We will bury you.” He also expressed the belief that Communism would win here in the US.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Sadly what we have to chose from is telling of how this nation is sinking. Even a righteous candidate would find it impossible to win in this divided country.

Considering the future prospects for the Un-united States, I expect the speed of the fall to only increase.

Not that the US is the harlot, but certainly the sexual immorality permeating from her makes her a daughter...

Revelation 16:7
Then I heard someone from the altar say: Yes, Lord God, the Almighty, true and righteous are Your judgments.

Revelation 19:2
because His judgments are true and righteous, because He has judged the notorious prostitute who corrupted the earth with her sexual immorality; and He has avenged the blood of His slaves that was on her hands.

Daniel 4:17
17 This word is by decree of the observers;
the matter is a command from the holy ones.
This is so the living will know
that the Most High is ruler
over the kingdom of men.
He gives it to anyone He wants
and sets the lowliest of men over it.

jab777

I heard on Hannity that Matthew Whitaker former attorney general seems to think the Supreme Court will overturn it, and so does Professor Jonathan Turley.
In a rational world the Court would overrule it. Actually, in a rational world this wouldn’t be happening. My concern is that a lot of pressure is being put on Alito and especially Thomas I think with a view to getting them (especially Thomas) to recuse themselves when this case gets to the Court. Those two justices are far and away the most reliable conservative votes on the Court. The rest among the so-called conservatives are a mixed bag depending on the case. I also suspect that there is an element of fear among them due to the antics of the lefties in Congress, the White House and in the general public. We shall see and we need to pray these justices aren’t all profile and no courage.

twerpv

I dont like Trump, but has he actually been convicted of the crime, or just charged?

Due process is for everyone. Even in Coloraa-do.
He hasn’t even been charged with what they accuse him of. Not to mention the fact that the Article in the constitution they are using says absolutely nothing about a President running on a ballot. Let alone not being charged and convicted of said crime.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
In a rational world the Court would overrule it. Actually, in a rational world this wouldn’t be happening. My concern is that a lot of pressure is being put on Alito and especially Thomas I think with a view to getting them (especially Thomas) to recuse themselves when this case gets to the Court. Those two justices are far and away the most reliable conservative votes on the Court. The rest among the so-called conservatives are a mixed bag depending on the case. I also suspect that there is an element of fear among them due to the antics of the lefties in Congress, the White House and in the general public. We shall see and we need to pray these justices aren’t all profile and no courage.
Our justices need backbone with honesty not to be threatened, but stand up for what is fair. :praying they do the right thing.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
We do need to be careful, and compassionate.

But so many today are afraid or unwilling to judge, that we now find ourselves promoting evil.

God gave us His Wisdom to guide us. Even the angel saying God Rebuke you - satan, was so rooted in The Lord that he understood His values.

And Paul was Bold in Christ.

There is no excuse to tolerate evil, and those in sin NEED to know they are sinning and how God will deal with the unsaved, otherwise they will never see their need.

As for Believers, we need to encourage each other to live for Christ. The Spirit will renew us into the likeness He wants - if we abide in Him.

None of us wants to be the proverbial clanging cymbal or resounding gong - hollow and empty with only self as our being,

But we are to be a nourished and thriving child of The King, abounding in fruit the greatest of which is Love.

Christ loves us at all times: in hardship, even in judgement. But then that is His Holiness which we are called to aspire to.

Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for a difficult time.
John 15:15
I do not call you slaves anymore, because a slave doesn’t know what his master is doing. I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have heard from My Father.

Back