CNN Report on History Channel's The Bible using an Obama look alike as Satan

This

History Channel is owned by A&E

A&E is owned by Disney

Check out this picture of who they used as Satan in the mini-series, "The Bible". No further comment necessary as I do not want to be controversial. I will let the picture speak for itself:

https://twitter.com/glennbeck/status/313120671297306624/photo/1

This picture was taken from the following CNN article:

Producer: Claim of Obama-Satan likeness nonsense – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

One has to think that the producers knew what they were doing when they allowed such an uncanny resemblance. Utter nonsense is right!!

YeuEmMaiMai

article-2295082-18BFDB35000005DC-609_634x380.jpg

Not even close, must be a very slow news day....

Elite

Not even close, must be a very slow news day....

Huh, look again....
It's just like his twin brother. Good timing by the way, this muslim man Hussein is almost on his way to Israel.

This

Thanks for posting the pictures, YouEmMaiMai!!!

As a side note, since posting this, I asked three of my fellow co-workers, without commentary and context, what they thought of the picture (these are people I have witnessed to a few times, but have not spoken on the Rapture about as it is obviously secondary to the Great Commission of preaching the need for Salvation).

All three of them said it looked like an aged Obama, but couldn't understand why he looked all old and wrinkly. When I told them about the casting of this particular actor in the role of Satan, they were utterly amazed at the likeness between the actor and Obama. Interesting, the actor is a Muslim man from Morocco (according to his bio).

SIDE NOTE: This is just a TV show, that is all. There may have been some motivation by a producer to mock Obama, but we will never know the true story. Nonetheless, thought it was worth discussing.

Re: Bible series: Satan looks like... who?

Sons often resemble their fathers...............:fear

EnRapturedwithChrist

Apparently the actor has been acting for awhile and has played the role of Satan in other films.

I don't think it was intentional to mock Obama.

Certainly giving a lot of publicity to the show, though.

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
Sadly, we've ALL been children of Satan at one time. And sadly
we still all still resemble our former daddy at times. I have to pray
every day to resemble my new Father and not my old one. LORD
help me to crucify the flesh today. Let me resemble Christ today. :pray:
Father save Obama and others who are still lost even now. Some are family
members, loved ones, and friends of many of the members here. Help us to
follow your great commission to take Christ to a lost and dying world. Help us
to see the need to pull souls from the shadows of Hell. Lord help us to be like
our LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ :praying:

israelmybeloved

One of God's Beloved
Re: Bible series: Satan looks like... who?

That's exactly what I told my mom and sister and daughter, "That looks just like Obama!"

mattfivefour

Amen.

Littlejoe

Yep,

my teen ,early 20's were mine..Glad the Lord waits on us...:pray::thumbup

jodee

Lol, yep, slow news day...but then again, when does CNN report news? Or many other news outlets? lol.

YeuEmMaiMai

Huh, look again....
It's just like his twin brother. Good timing by the way, this muslim man Hussein is almost on his way to Israel.

I got better things to do than wonder about someone whom people think looks like obama. Like I said, slow news day...

I'm glad the show is doing so well despite the negative reviews from the liberal media. Its had the highest ratings of all programming on cable TV. It goes to show you that there is still a thirst and market for this kind of programming. Did Hollywood forget that Mel Gibson's "The Passion" has Grossed over $600 million worldwide. Here is a great article about the concept of the History Channel Series "The Bible."

"The voice you hear inside you is God": Mark Burnett Takes On The Bible | Co.Create: Creativity \ Culture \ Commerce

Mark Burnett, the man behind the Survivor seires, The Apprentice, and The Voice, is the producer of the show and is a man of Faith. His wife is also a devout Christian who starred in the TV series "Touched By An Angel."

ABC News Worldwide talking about the show last night.
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/hollywood-finds-religion-18759905

Robert

The Bible records a man whose heinousness during his time as ruler dragged his whole nation into sin and judgment. It reached so far as to afflict a young man of God who once had favor with this ruler, but was now on his death list and a hunted man. But rather than revile him, the young man did this when the ruler sought to kill him on more than one occasion:

"Now when Saul returned from pursuing the Philistines, he was told, saying, “Behold, David is in the wilderness of Engedi.” Then Saul took three thousand chosen men from all Israel and went to seek David and his men in front of the Rocks of the Wild Goats. He came to the sheepfolds on the way, where there was a cave; and Saul went in to relieve himself. Now David and his men were sitting in the inner recesses of the cave. The men of David said to him, “Behold, this is the day of which the LORD said to you, ‘Behold; I am about to give your enemy into your hand, and you shall do to him as it seems good to you.’” Then David arose and cut off the edge of Saul’s robe secretly. It came about afterward that David’s conscience bothered him because he had cut off the edge of Saul’s robe. So he said to his men, “Far be it from me because of the LORD that I should do this thing to my lord, the LORD’S anointed, to stretch out my hand against him, since he is the LORD’S anointed.” David persuaded his men with these words and did not allow them to rise up against Saul. And Saul arose, left the cave, and went on his way." (1 Samuel 24:1-7, NASB)

David had Saul right where he wanted him, but he dared not to even revile him, let alone harm him or capture him.

"Now afterward David arose and went out of the cave and called after Saul, saying, “My lord the king!” And when Saul looked behind him, David bowed with his face to the ground and prostrated himself. David said to Saul, “Why do you listen to the words of men, saying, ‘Behold, David seeks to harm you’? Behold, this day your eyes have seen that the LORD had given you today into my hand in the cave, and some said to kill you, but my eye had pity on you; and I said, ‘I will not stretch out my hand against my lord, for he is the LORD’S anointed.’ Now, my father, see! Indeed, see the edge of your robe in my hand! For in that I cut off the edge of your robe and did not kill you, know and perceive that there is no evil or rebellion in my hands, and I have not sinned against you, though you are lying in wait for my life to take it. May the LORD judge between you and me, and may the LORD avenge me on you; but my hand shall not be against you. As the proverb of the ancients says, ‘Out of the wicked comes forth wickedness’; but my hand shall not be against you. After whom has the king of Israel come out? Whom are you pursuing? A dead dog, a single flea? The LORD therefore be judge and decide between you and me; and may He see and plead my cause and deliver me from your hand.” (1 Samuel 24:8-15, NASB)

For the record, I do NOT think Obama to be "anointed" as Saul had been. But he is the leader of the United States, and as such, scripture tells us that God places and removes kings and rulers in their due time.

Scripture tells us:

"First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony given at the proper time. For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth. Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension." (1 Timothy 2:1-8, NASB)

"Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority, or to governors as sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and the praise of those who do right. For such is the will of God that by doing right you may silence the ignorance of foolish men. Act as free men, and do not use your freedom as a covering for evil, but use it as bondslaves of God. Honor all people, love the brotherhood, fear God, honor the king." (1 Peter 2:13-17, NASB, )

I do not care for Obama's antics any more than David cared for the machinations of Saul against him. All the same, I think that scripture is pretty clear here what on how we should be conducting ourselves in this matter. We are not required to like the man or approve of his actions, that much is true. But can we honestly give out the Gospel when we are comparing the president to the single most evil being in all creation?

God says:

"The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." (2 Peter 3:9, NASB)

Can we say the same?

Beloved, please: let us not give ammunition to the enemies of the Cross to wield against us when we seek to do the Lord's will. If we feel we are wronged by Obama, then let us give it over to the Lord in humble obedience and trust:

"To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in spirit; not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing. For, “THE ONE WHO DESIRES LIFE, TO LOVE AND SEE GOOD DAYS, MUST KEEP HIS TONGUE FROM EVIL AND HIS LIPS FROM SPEAKING DECEIT. HE MUST TURN AWAY FROM EVIL AND DO GOOD; HE MUST SEEK PEACE AND PURSUE IT. FOR THE EYES OF THE LORD ARE TOWARD THE RIGHTEOUS, AND HIS EARS ATTEND TO THEIR PRAYER, BUT THE FACE OF THE LORD IS AGAINST THOSE WHO DO EVIL.” Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good? But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed. AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE TROUBLED, but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame. For it is better, if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong. For Christ also died for sins once for all, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the spirit; in which also He went and made proclamation to the spirits now in prison, who once were disobedient, when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water. Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you—not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience—through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who is at the right hand of God, having gone into heaven, after angels and authorities and powers had been subjected to Him." (1 Peter 3:8-22, NASB, emphasis mine)

The Enemy snares enough souls and slings enough fiery darts at us. Please, don't give Satan any more of either in this matter. Trust the Lord to judge Obama rightly for his actions, and pray to the Lord that he would draw him towards Himself.