Close to midnight on an Iranian nuke – what matters now and what doesn’t - analysis

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Close to midnight on an Iranian nuke – what matters now and what doesn’t - analysis
This came after multiple top US officials said that Iran could jump from the 60% medium uranium enriched level to the 90% level in 12 days.
By YONAH JEREMY BOB

Iran is closer to nuclear “midnight” in being able to obtain nuclear weapons than it has ever been before.Note that the talk has shifted from weapon (singular) to weapons (plural). Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said Iran had enough enriched uranium to produce 90% weaponized uranium for up to five nuclear bombs in short-shift if it decided to do so. This came after multiple top US officials said that the Islamic Republic could jump from the 60% medium uranium-enriched level to the 90% level in 12 days.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/article-744925

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
We have read this for a few years now and sometimes tend to mock it.
But I guess one day..if the Lord allows it...they will have their nuclear weapons.

I wonder just how much of this is known by Israeli (and American) intelligence....I tend to think Israel knows a lot.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
10 to one IF the Iraninan nuke supply suddenly went critical and detonated in Tehran,

they'd blame Israel and the US before taking responsibility for their own mistakes.

Of course most would be convinced Israel was part of the process.

Time to re-read Sum of All Fears and Ambush at Osarik.
Sometimes fiction can be a little too real.

daygo

10 to one IF the Iraninan nuke supply suddenly went critical and detonated in Tehran,

they'd blame Israel and the US before taking responsibility for their own mistakes.

Of course most would be convinced Israel was part of the process.

Time to re-read Sum of All Fears and Ambush at Osarik.
Sometimes fiction can be a little too real.
They'd blame anyone than tell the truth.

Xenosjeff

Nukes are not a typical bomb. They don't just go off if they are bumped or damaged. The explosive effect of the plutonium core is the result of a careful and exacting process of sequential actions.
The most probable result of an attack that damaged an Iranian weapon would be contamination.

Jeff

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
I suppose it depends when the device arms during its flight and what kind of trigger is used to start critical mass.

I would not expect something too fancy, ether a globe of explosive to compress or a ram rod tube to start a mini nuke and trigger the rest.

Remember the science already exists and N Korea is keen on staying in the atomic race..

Carl

This came after multiple top US officials said that Iran could jump from the 60% medium uranium enriched level to the 90% level in 12 days.
By YONAH JEREMY BOB

Iran is closer to nuclear “midnight” in being able to obtain nuclear weapons than it has ever been before.Note that the talk has shifted from weapon (singular) to weapons (plural). Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said Iran had enough enriched uranium to produce 90% weaponized uranium for up to five nuclear bombs in short-shift if it decided to do so. This came after multiple top US officials said that the Islamic Republic could jump from the 60% medium uranium-enriched level to the 90% level in 12 days.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/article-744925

Are we talking about the nukes that irun kept saying they were not interested in making?
Lord Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will Be Done!

Back