Close to Death.

newstate

Years ago, when I had my severe illness I believed for a time that I would not recover, but would
soon go to that wonderful place we all want to go to one day. Relatives asked scores of fine
Christians to pray for my recovery, and they prayed to the ultimate King. I did not deserve
healing, but I believe that there were these things that I was supposed to do before I departed this life.
While I was between life and death I could sometimes sense the prayers being made for me, and
once I sensed something that I believe was from the Lord. He hated something, and that was
the abortion killing of innocent fetuses, and babies. Where did this come from? I don't think it was
from me, but from that King who judges all things correctly.

Thank you to Father God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and to the Holy Spirit! He does all things well!

Since my recovery, it has now been more than 17 years. Also, that something that I was supposed to do... I got to do that, and if there are more things
I am supposed to do, then I know that I will have an opportunity to do that also. Thanks to Jesus!

Last edited:

newstate

Thank you, Milly_Light.

God bless you. But not every one close to death gets a healing in this life time. To me,
it was undeserved for me, having perhaps more to do with things that I was supposed
to do before I died than anything else. Also those who did pass away, although prayers
were made for their healing....often it may be because they had already accomplished
for the Lord what they were supposed to! Praise Jesus!

kathymendel

Thank you, Milly_Light.

God bless you. But not every one close to death gets a healing in this life time. To me,
it was undeserved for me, having perhaps more to do with things that I was supposed
to do before I died than anything else. Also those who did pass away, although prayers
were made for their healing....often it may be because they had already accomplished
for the Lord what they were supposed to! Praise Jesus!
I think that sometimes it is in taking a soul home that God's glory is revealed, and the purpose of that person's life is fullfilled.
My sweet, late dh was Jewish when I married him. Within a year he accepted Jesus Christ as his savior and messiah, and the fruits of the spirit were undeniable. BUT, he never shared his faith with the rest of his Jewish family........... he didn't like confrontation, and he knew it would be ugly. We were blessed with a wonderful 35 years together. In 2005 he survived a five-part open heart surgery. In 2012 he did kidney dialysis for over a year and was on a transplant list. In 2013 his kidneys miraculously healed completely on their own. (Well, we know God healed him.) He still had not said anything about his real faith to his kids or twin sister. In June 2014 he was diagnosed with neck cancer.......and, in December, 2014 he was told there was nothing more to be done and he had four to six months to live. THEN...........he sat down and talked to them. THEN, he made sure I designed his memorial service with a messianic rabbi (no easy task!) so the rest of his family would hear the gospel and know what he believed. (But, of course, by then he didn't have to deal with confrontation - I got to reap the discord from that). It was through his illness, death and burial service that the purposes God had for him were fullfilled. I wonder if he would have spoken up if he'd still be here....... or if with all the opportunities God had given him to do so, He finally had to take him home to accomplish that purpose. Guess I won't know while I'm still here......... I sure do miss him, though.

ItIsFinished!

I think that sometimes it is in taking a soul home that God's glory is revealed, and the purpose of that person's life is fullfilled.
My sweet, late dh was Jewish when I married him. Within a year he accepted Jesus Christ as his savior and messiah, and the fruits of the spirit were undeniable. BUT, he never shared his faith with the rest of his Jewish family........... he didn't like confrontation, and he knew it would be ugly. We were blessed with a wonderful 35 years together. In 2005 he survived a five-part open heart surgery. In 2012 he did kidney dialysis for over a year and was on a transplant list. In 2013 his kidneys miraculously healed completely on their own. (Well, we know God healed him.) He still had not said anything about his real faith to his kids or twin sister. In June 2014 he was diagnosed with neck cancer.......and, in December, 2014 he was told there was nothing more to be done and he had four to six months to live. THEN...........he sat down and talked to them. THEN, he made sure I designed his memorial service with a messianic rabbi (no easy task!) so the rest of his family would hear the gospel and know what he believed. (But, of course, by then he didn't have to deal with confrontation - I got to reap the discord from that). It was through his illness, death and burial service that the purposes God had for him were fullfilled. I wonder if he would have spoken up if he'd still be here....... or if with all the opportunities God had given him to do so, He finally had to take him home to accomplish that purpose. Guess I won't know while I'm still here......... I sure do miss him, though.
Pretty powerful post friend.
You will see him again.

Years ago, when I had my severe illness I believed for a time that I would not recover, but would
soon go to that wonderful place we all want to go to one day. Relatives asked scores of fine
Christians to pray for my recovery, and they prayed to the ultimate King. I did not deserve
healing, but I believe that there were these things that I was supposed to do before I departed this life.
While I was between life and death I could sometimes sense the prayers being made for me, and
once I sensed something that I believe was from the Lord. He hated something, and that was
the abortion killing of innocent fetuses, and babies. Where did this come from? I don't think it was
from me, but from that King who judges all things correctly.

Thank you to Father God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and to the Holy Spirit! He does all things well!

Since my recovery, it has now been more than 17 years. Also, that something that I was supposed to do... I got to do that, and if there are more things
I am supposed to do, then I know that I will have an opportunity to do that also. Thanks to Jesus!
Thank you for your testimony. My wife and I as well as our daughters feel horrible that so many lives are aborted. So many innocent babies. I cant imagine the cold callousness it takes to go through with ending a God given life.
So glad you were healed.
May God bless you Sir.