Climate Lunatics Throw Mashed Potatoes on Monet Masterpiece

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Climate Lunatics Throw Mashed Potatoes on Monet Masterpiece
And it’s going to get worse.
By Robert Spencer

Just nine days after climate doom fanatics threw tomato soup onto Vincent Van Gogh’s famed Sunflowers painting in the National Gallery in London, the apocalyptically named Last Generation group has struck in a similar way, hurling mashed potatoes at Claude Monet’s Haystacks, which recently sold for $110 million, in the Museum Barberini in Potsdam, Germany, before they glued their hands to the wall and settled in for a long day of climate hectoring, mythology, propaganda, and sloganeering. It’s an annoying and stupid form of protest, but get used to it: there is going to be a lot more of it, and worse.

According to the Guardian on Sunday, one of the climate clowns explained after throwing the starchy treat at the Monet: “People are starving, people are freezing, people are dying.” Smart move: people are starving, so let’s have a food fight in an art museum. But of course, the climate activists wouldn’t be engaging in stunts of this kind if they were rational thinkers who could critically evaluate what they were told and reject the climate propaganda that has been irresponsibly pounded into them since they were toddlers.

“We are in a climate catastrophe,” the Last Generation cult member continued, “and all you are afraid of is tomato soup or mashed potatoes on a painting. You know what I’m afraid of? I’m afraid because science tells us that we won’t be able to feed our families in 2050. Does it take mashed potatoes on a painting to make you listen? This painting is not going to be worth anything if we have to fight over food. When will you finally start to listen? When will you finally start to listen and stop business as usual?”

In order to get you to stop destroying the climate, you heretic, you miscreant, these dogmatic religious fanatics decided to make “this Monet the stage and the public the audience.” The true believer declared: “If it takes pelting a painting with mashed potato or tomato soup to remind society that the fossil course is killing us all, then we give you mashed potato on a painting.”

The painting wasn’t destroyed; like the Van Gogh, it was behind protective glass. However, that doesn’t actually guarantee that this kind of protest won’t damage a world-historical masterpiece. Dr. Jonathan Foley, who, as the executive director of Project Drawdown, “the world’s leading resource for climate solutions,” is very much on the protestors’ side, tweeted: “As someone who used to run a museum, this is concerning. It’s not guaranteed that glass will protect a priceless work of art from liquids. They weren’t designed for that. Also, this will drive up insurance and security costs for museums. A lot.”

Last Generation is unlikely to care if museums’ security costs go up. The problem is that as museums begin to institute more effective security measures, the protesters are likely to up the ante as well. When they see that juvenile stunts in museums aren’t bringing the world back from the brink of the climate apocalypse they’ve been skillfully led to believe is on the horizon, they’re not going to stand down or reexamine their false premises. Instead, they’ll move from perpetrating what look to be harmless pranks against artistic masterpieces to actually destroying them.

This is in large part because there has been no real downside to their protests so far. It isn’t even clear that the Monet vandals were arrested. According to ABC News, police told journalists that “they had responded to the incident, but further information about arrests or charges was not immediately available.” And museum director Ortrud Westheider demonstrated her acceptance of the climate nuts’ faulty premises: “While I understand the activists’ urgent concern in the face of the climate catastrophe, I am shocked by the means with which they are trying to lend weight to their demands.”

She’ll be more shocked when they take hammers to Michelangelo, but it’s coming. Fanatics always become more radical the longer they perceive that their demands are being ignored and that there are no serious consequences to their actions. But Last Generation, in the final analysis, is just a group of pawns. The entire climate hysteria is driven by the reckless propagation of pseudoscientific fantasies and fallacies by groups far larger and more powerful than the fanatics who threw mashed potatoes on the Monet. And what is striking about those forces is their cynicism: they clearly don’t believe their own propaganda, as the big beachfront houses owned by Barack Obama and Old Joe Biden attest. Will the world’s artistic patrimony survive this madness relatively unscathed? We can hope.

https://www.raptureforums.com/polit...s-throw-mashed-potatoes-on-monet-masterpiece/

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Let us pray they get to know the One who is really behind the future destruction of this earth.

But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night ; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat , the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2 Peter 3:10

TimeWarpWife

Actually there was a group of nine climate lunatics who glued themselves to the floor of Volkswagen exhibit at a car show in Germany about a week ago. They demanded that VW provide them with water to drink and bowls to go to the bathroom in. VW politely told them that while they do support their right to protest, they would not be providing bowls or water for them. VW also cut off the heat and lights in the building. They were told they could leave at any time, but would not be allowed back into the building. Some of the lunatics went to Twitter, complaining about how they weren't allowed to order food and had to endure unannounced checks by security guards shining bright flashlights at them. :rotfl

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night ; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat , the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2 Peter 3:10
Huh. I knew the earth would burn, but never thought about how all of the *great works*...literature, paintings, architecture, etc...would burn. So many things that people put great stock in, gone in an instant. ( these things may be destroyed during the trib).

So thankful to know Heaven is my home. Really drives home the point of storing up our treasures in Heaven, not on earth. I need to work harder on that.

MapleLeaf

Yeah, destroying priceless art and wasting food will really help the climate. But that really isn't the point. These Useless Idiots are backed by powerful billionaires. Read That Hideous Strength by CS Lewis. Getting rid of beauty is part of the plot. All connections to that is good, beautiful and wonderful...especially from the past...is meant to be destroyed so we feel helpless, demoralized and helpless.

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
So much stuff. Millions for paintings, yachts, homes....

It takes a storm to make you realize what's really valuable, what's really important. Empty pantries speak much louder that events at the Met.
Loose power and the fridge goes as well as the water pump. Then priorities change real quick. I see more wood smoke in the global warming future.

It is interesting to see the stage being set. It's like fermentation of such violence that God's wrath may seem unwarranted.

War in Ukraine, protest in Iran, China is still unpredictable, but remember God raises leaders and brings them down.
Our own US voter apathy is moving in a bad direction.

So much injustice and inequity, the have-littles are tired of being robbed by the have-nots as well as the have-$$$$$.
And when wars are pushed by the rich and powerful it gets even worse.

Perhaps our saving grace at the moment is apathy, and the entertainment stupor of the affluent societies, but that will end.

Injustice will get the mobs moving, but it takes a leader to direct the action effectively.
Masses will protest gas, food prices but someone will have to form effective policy to solve the problem.
Revolts may have a short term feel-good but it brings more division and solves nothing.

Again we need someone to step up to the plate. But that someone will likely need to find a scapegoat in order to galvanize all this worldly division.
As our elections become jokes and destructive to this republic,
As our military is gutted of responsible people,
As program after program makes people all the more dependent on a broken system that will implode,

Yep, the stage is set for a really dynamic, wise, effective person, who will be able to produce a show of strength while offering solutions that will sound remarkably reasonable. Even god-ordained.

Yet, Deception is not for us if we have the Spirit to guide us, if we are abiding in Him. We all need to strengthen that relationship.
Real Christians need to exercise their faith. And start by cleaning their own houses.
Next, get your Instruction Manual-Bible and Read It, read it again, and again every day.

Then remember, Love is not about being a doormat, its about pulling people of the train tracks even if they hate you for it.

Too many are following satan's lead: Did God really say?!?

John 14:6. Yes, He did Say. Christ made it crystal clear.

Last edited:

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
War in Ukraine, protest in Iran, China is still unpredictable,
I wonder how much people know about these world events vs. worrying about climate change and use of pronouns.

The irresponsibility of it (like these and other protesters) is what I can't comprehend. Obviously they must not have bills to pay or mouths to feed.

I am not against protests or support rallies. Just against foolishness.

NewWine2020

Actually there was a group of nine climate lunatics who glued themselves to the floor of Volkswagen exhibit at a car show in Germany about a week ago. They demanded that VW provide them with water to drink and bowls to go to the bathroom in. VW politely told them that while they do support their right to protest, they would not be providing bowls or water for them. VW also cut off the heat and lights in the building. They were told they could leave at any time, but would not be allowed back into the building. Some of the lunatics went to Twitter, complaining about how they weren't allowed to order food and had to endure unannounced checks by security guards shining bright flashlights at them. :rotfl

I like the way Volkswagen handled that. It basically treated them like the toddlers they are acting like.

NewWine2020

What's so stupid is these works of art are protected by glass, most likely bulletproof, and the acts cause no harm other than giving the janitor some extra work. Who cares, let them have at it and arrest and fine them.

And (just as for terrorist groups) NO PUBLICITY. Don’t even say anything about it in the media.

THAT is what these narcissistic little freaks truly want; for their actions to be shouted from the media rooftops thus inspiring other, broken and sad human beings to take up the cause.

I would be willing to bet money that most of these climate activists have mommy/daddy issues. It’s a pastime for people with nothing else (adult) to worry about.

Back