CIA director met Taliban leader in Afghanistan on Monday

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
CIA director met Taliban leader in Afghanistan on Monday
A CIA representative said the agency had no comment. The White House did not respond to a request for comment.
By REUTERS
AUGUST 24, 2021

US President Joe Biden sent the head of the CIA to meet the Taliban's leader on Monday in the highest level diplomatic encounter since the militant group took over the Afghan capital, two US sources said. CIA Director William Burns met Taliban leader Abdul Ghani Baradar in Kabul, a US official and a source familiar with government activity told Reuters on Tuesday. Both spoke on condition of anonymity.

The meeting came as the Biden administration evacuated US citizens and other allies amid chaos at Kabul airport ahead of an August 31 deadline to pull out. The Washington Post, citing US officials who spoke on condition of anonymity, first reported the meeting. A CIA representative said the agency had no comment. The White House did not respond to a request for comment.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/cia-director-met-taliban-leader-in-kabul-on-monday-report-677579

Batman

I think I heard about this early this morning and wondered how the US rabid leftist domestic enemy free press would have reacted if that was a Trump CIA director? To me any US POTUS in this position with Afghanistan should send in the CIA director to tell them a red line has been drawn in the sand that will be enforced with the full might of the American military if they continue crimes against humanity.