Church

sherryh

Do you think a person should go to a church even if you have to pick the best of the worst. I heard a pastor today say that every Christian should be in a church even if it means their the only Christian in there ( to be the light) I haven’t been in a church in many years only 3 in my area to pick from and 1 closed, the one is a woman pastor and the other was arrested for soliciting (this one I went to for years) and told the congregation not to ask him any questions. I quit that church and went to the one that closed for a few months before they closed. I miss church but I am sure I can’t set under a woman and this pastor is a wonderful person and does a lot for the community, and I like her very much. Do you think a woman’s Bible study is church? I want to be a obedient Christian as I can be but I am wondering, am I wrong On this.

cheeky200386

It would be dangerous to be a part of a church where there is clear Biblical violations, like a female pretending to be a pastor. I will definitely pray that God finds you a church where you can fellowship with the body of Christ and hear the Word of God be taught for your growth. Have you check out Andy Woods' website for a local church? I also like searching through Spencer Smith for Independent Fundamental Baptist churches. I've found some great churches through that site too

Do you think a person should go to a church even if you have to pick the best of the worst. I heard a pastor today say that every Christian should be in a church even if it means their the only Christian in there ( to be the light) I haven’t been in a church in many years only 3 in my area to pick from and 1 closed, the one is a woman pastor and the other was arrested for soliciting (this one I went to for years) and told the congregation not to ask him any questions. I quit that church and went to the one that closed for a few months before they closed. I miss church but I am sure I can’t set under a woman and this pastor is a wonderful person and does a lot for the community, and I like her very much. Do you think a woman’s Bible study is church? I want to be a obedient Christian as I can be but I am wondering, am I wrong On this.
It is better to stay home and read the word of God then to fellowship with that which the word condemns.

“Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.” - Rom 16:17

sherryh

I do watch all the great’s online but sometimes feel convicted. My grandma told me a person should be in church until the day they die, and she was until bed ridden. I have mixed feeling about a home church since most go to one or the other in town. But I have been really been thinking about a woman’s Bible study, I will continue praying about this.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I have mixed feeling about a home church since most go to one or the other in town. But I have been really been thinking about a woman’s Bible study, I will continue praying about this.
Sherry, this may be a wild idea, but have you thought of relocating? I realize that moving is not a remote possibility for many people, but if it's not totally out of the question for you, I'd go to the links Cheeky mentioned, from the links, find a church to check out online, then if you find one that is what you're looking for, pack up. :peek I know, not everyone agrees with my ideas of problem solving.

kathymendel

I think finding an online church is a great solution if there are no good churches in your area. Go there for teaching, and try to find a local women's bible study for more teaching and fellowship. In the beginning, there were no churches.............people met in their homes....... learned,
broke bread and had fellowship. Believe me, they took care of their own much better than local churches today.

Just because it has been done one way for generations..........it doesn't mean that there aren't new ways of doing things. One of the best things
that has come from the computer age is that we can have access to so much more from our home.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
There is also a kind of para-church Bible Study called Bible Study Fellowship (Rapture friendly - International) that's theologically sound (they have separate women's and men's groups). They study directly from scripture and meet weekly. If you go online to search their website you can search for one closest to your area.

This is a group that keeps high scriptural accountability, so if or when a leader may be out of sinc with scripture it's addressed in a Christlike manner or weeded out. This is because God's Word is held in high regard.

Maybe this might be an answer?

sherryh

Sherry, this may be a wild idea, but have you thought of relocating? I realize that moving is not a remote possibility for many people, but if it's not totally out of the question for you, I'd go to the links Cheeky mentioned, from the links, find a church to check out online, then if you find one that is what you're looking for, pack up. :peek I know, not everyone agrees with my ideas of problem solving.
We just bought a home in April, but have been coming to this small town as snowbirds for 9 years.
you all are so wonderful

sherryh

There is also a kind of para-church Bible Study called Bible Study Fellowship (Rapture friendly - International) that's theologically sound (they have separate women's and men's groups). They study directly from scripture and meet weekly. If you go online to search their website you can search for one closest to your area.

This is a group that keeps high scriptural accountability, so if or when a leader may be out of sinc with scripture it's addressed in a Christlike manner or weeded out. This is because God's Word is held in high regard.

Maybe this might be an answer?
Looked up Bible study fellowship, nothing in my area not even close that’s ok God will make away.

JamesSuth

I went to a church that was at the end, there were a few of us believers there including the pastor and his family, and I think that is what God wanted me to do. However, after the pastor and the few remaining believers left, and the church ceased to even be a bad church, led by I think someone who must have been a non believer, I left. There are no good churches in my area. It got a bad reaction from Christians I knew who thought that people should go to church even if it is bad. But I think a bad church does more harm to our soul than not going.

The good thing is that now there are plenty of good churches we can join online, while staying in our communities and witnessing. :). I think God changes the way things are done over the years and an online church is a very valid thing to do.

I think a lot of the people, well all of the people I know who say you should always be in church are saying so from a position of having a good one nearby. And it is not helpful for believers in countries and places where there are no good churches, or even no churches at all to be hearing that they are not real Christians if they don't go to church.

DWB

I don't attend church either for several reasons. I do view some services on tv, study daily, also read my Bible and use my time on RF as fellowship with other believers. I donate monthly to my favorite Bible Study show to try and help them keep going. Most importantly I believe the Gospel with all my heart!

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I see your predicament friend.
I definitely would stay away from the church where the woman "pastor" is. If she doesn't know that she isn't a pastor , what else does she have wrong?
Because that one is a big one to get wrong .
It doesn't matter that it is 2022 the truth never changes.
All the early churches started in homes.
Some of the most productive churches started at someone's house.
I started in a home church that has grown to several other very productive home churches, here and throughout the world. All of them are still going strong in the Lord. All them support missionaries and send out missionaries.

The Word says,
Matthew 18:20 (Jesus Christ speaking)
For where two or three are gathered
together in my name , there am I in the midst
of them.

Unfortunately many churches are asleep.
Many left thy first love. Many have become lukewarm. Many have allowed women to "pastor". Many have become tangled up in the webs of this world becoming as such.

Definitely be in strong prayer about this.
The Lord will provide.