Church in DFW area, preferably N part of metroplex

FaithInChrist

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on here much lately. I have been really busy taking care of my grandson. My daughter had my precious new granddaughter last Friday and she and the baby are doing great. My daughter's pregnancy was pretty tough, she was sick and in a lot of pain for most of the pregnancy so I had to take care of my 3 year old grandson most of the time.

I am looking for a new church and would like to find one that doesn't mind talKing about Jesus returning. They don't have to talk about prophecy all the time but sometimes would be nice. Mostly I would like to find a church where the leadership teaches the Bible in its literal sense and not allegory or spiritualization of the scripture.

Thank you

followerofjesus

Slave of Christ
A Calvary Chapel fellowship may be what you are looking for. I can't speak for all of them, but I've been attending one in San Antonio for about a year now, and it sounds exactly like what you are looking for. I know there are at least a couple in the Metroplex so maybe you could check out a few of them:

Churches | Calvary Chapel Association

Finding a good church is a hard process and it takes time...I'll be praying for you.

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
Yes Dianne it is. There are several of them in the DFW area. I'm still looking for a church
also. I have put it off until the temps come down a bit though. Still getting used to this
Texas heat. LOL....There's a Calvary Chapel about 5 minutes away from me and I've been
there already a couple of times. I may join there.

FaithInChrist

Today when I was taking my son to school we left just a little bit later than we usually do. Which meant that I was still in my car when Dr. Robert Jeffress from First Baptist Dallas came on. I have listened to Dr. Jeffress many times over the last couple of years in snippets when I am in the car and he always has a very Biblically sound sermon. Every time it is a story from the Bible and it's application in our lives. Not some feel good speech with snippets of scripture taken out of context to back it up.

Today Dr. Jeffress talked about a series he begins this Sunday, September 8. It is called "A Perfect Ending" and it is a 13 week series on Bible Prophecy from what happens to the church (Pre-trib rapture) to tribulation, the millennial kingdom...

Only problem is it is in downtown Dallas and it is a huge, super-sized church. Dr. Jeffress has only been with this church since 2007, and I'd have to say they got a really good Pastor this time, but the last thing I would ever be able to convince my husband to do is to go to a church where we have to drive 30 miles, pay tolls all the way to get there, and then have to fight church traffic once we got there.

The sermons are going to be available thru podcasts for free on itunes, and it is broadcast live at 10:50 am on their website. Problem is that getting my family to watch or listen to a recorded sermon is next to impossible. I do plan on listening to it though and I look forward to seeing if Dr. Jeffress stays true to Biblical teachings. I have no doubt that he will, based on what I have heard from him in the past. Here is a link to the series notebook he is selling for $6, so people can follow along and reference notes. I wish I could order and have one mailed to me, but right now the only option is to pick it up in the welcome center. I am putting this link up because it gives an outline of the entire series, just in case anybody else is interested in watching.

Perfect Ending

Last edited:

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
I have listened to him before. He does sound like a biblically sound teacher.
I too have a problem with huge churches and Downtown Dallas is a bit too
much for me to want to deal with also. Don't lose heart though. God will lead
you to just the right place. :nod :hug Thanks for the link, I"m going to check it out. :hat:
Let me know when you find a church, I may stop in for a visit.

FaithInChrist

Right now I am still going to my current church but my husband rarely goes now and we've gone there two years and we have never had a sermon where the Word of God is in context. There is scripture but it is always disjointed, gathered from all over the Bible to make our pastor's point. He even uses different translations if it means the scripture is more in line with what he is saying. He even uses The Message. Enough complaining, it's time to move. Our church has lost close to 50 members this year and we have a small church to begin with. I love everybody there but my family needs a sound church. I will let you know where I end up.

Barbasol

we have never had a sermon where the Word of God is in context. There is scripture but it is always disjointed, gathered from all over the Bible to make our pastor's point. He even uses different translations if it means the scripture is more in line with what he is saying. He even uses The Message.
Please...don't ever go back:tsk:

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
Dianne that sounds pretty bad. Please don't go back there. Praying for you
to find a good bible believing church quick. :pray: